Profile for MR AJ STEAD > Reviews

Content by MR AJ STEAD

MR AJ STEAD

The Concise Human Body Book: An Illustrated Guide to Its Structure, Function and Disorders
by Dorling Kindersley

5.0 out of 5 stars First Impressions, 23 May 2013
I bought this book to begin to learn more about the body and I am 100% happy with it. Looks fantastic and easy to follow, from the few pages I've flicked through it is very well laid out with brilliant uncomplicated diagrams.

I would also add that the physical size of the book is perfect for a commuter ( me ). I was expecting a large book like an World Atlas, but instead I got a compact, 6-7 inch book, perfect to put in a rucksack.

Can't wait to get started.

Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness
Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness
by Scott Jurek

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 19 Mar. 2013
If you are a runner or simply a fitness enthusiast this is a must read. In response to people who think Jurek is a bit self important, I didn't get that impression at all. He worked hard for what he achieved, like he says many time in this book he wasn't the most naturally gifted athlete but worked harder than anybody. Good luck to him.

Throughout the book there are recipes and tips which won't be to everyones liking but like most of these books, you can take something away from it that you can apply to your own training or diet.

Another nice thing was to read the "Copper Canyons" story from another perspective.

Great book well worth reading for any moderate to serious amateur athlete.