Profile for Aurora > Reviews

Content by Aurora

Aurora (Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Animal Sounds Free
Animal Sounds Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and entertaining, 8 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Animal Sounds Free (App)
My 18 week old baby grandson is fascinated by this. Each animal makes a sound and the name is read out as well as shown on screen, so it's stimulating for babies as well as educational. My seven year old twin granddaughters like to play this with him as well. It's a bit boring for adults though, but I can't complain as it's free.

My Baby Piano
My Baby Piano

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for babies, 8 Jun. 2013
This review is from: My Baby Piano (App)
I downloaded this to entertain my 18 week old grandson. He is mesmerised by the bright piano keys which pop up and down as I play them. He also loves to run his fingers along them and make a lovely musical rippling sound. You can also set it to play a few tunes and a background rhythm. For free it's a must-have for entertaining babies in need of stimulus.

Weightless
Weightless

5.0 out of 5 stars Strangely relaxing, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Weightless (MP3 Download)
I bought this because I'd read in the news that it was so relaxing it's advisable not to drive while listening. I find it very relaxing and play it on my Kindle Fire last thing at night to unwind. I also have a static noise app which does rainfall, thunder, waves etc, but I find Weightless a good alternative, and sometimes play it on a loop. It would probably be good background music for a relaxing massage, or yoga.

Disney Fairies Annual 2013 (Annuals 2013)
Disney Fairies Annual 2013 (Annuals 2013)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely present for girls, 29 Dec. 2012
I bought this for my 7 year old granddaughter and she enjoyed reading it and doing the puzzles. It's got colouring, spot the difference pages etc and also a few stories, which is good as not all annuals seem to have many stories these days. However, she did seem more interested in the activity pages better than the stories. The stories didn't seem to be very well written and not very funny, so that might have been the problem. Overall though, it's a very nicely illustrated book with a lot of pretty fairies, butterflies, flowers and ladybirds. I'd recommend it for girls of around five to seven who like the Disney fairies. It would probably be too simple for girls older than that.

Vermatik 6in1 Pest Control, Mosquito Repellent, Spider Repellent, Insect Repellent, Rodent & insect Control (AS SEEN ON TV)
Offered by Futura Direct Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last long, 27 Nov. 2012
I bought this in July to repel a persistent ant invasion in the kitchen. The number of ants slowed down and after a couple of weeks I didn't see any more. But it's hard to say how much was due to the Vermatik as I also used ant stations, and sprays to kill the ants. Apparently the Vermatik is not supposed to get rid of existing infestations or kill ants, but simply to deter them from setting up home in the first place. Fair enough, the Vermatik may well have helped to keep ants and other insects away once I'd killed them off. I just left it switched on in the kitchen in the hope it was helping. I did find it a bit annoying at times with the light flashing constantly. Also when the kitchen was quiet I could hear a faint hum from it now and again. But that's a small price to pay if it keeps the ants out.
Unfortunately it stopped working at all after three months, so now I have to return it under guarantee. So overall I'm not very impressed. However, if I manage to get it replaced I will certainly plug it in next summer to try to keep the ants away

Logitech Z323 Speaker System
Logitech Z323 Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 27 Nov. 2012
I bought a Samsung 37" ES5500 Smart Tv recently but was disappointed with the sound of the speakers. They were annoyingly tinny sounding which unfortunately seems to be a downside to these very slim tvs. It was a constant distraction which spoiled everything I watched. I looked at soundbars which are a ridiculous price and decided to go for these speakers instead. Initially they had a kind of strange hollow resonance, especially if someone with a deep voice was speaking, so I had to keep the bass turned down, but after about a week wearing in this settled down and they began to sound much better. I'm very happy with these speakers and found it made my viewing experience much more enjoyable. I watched Phantom of the Opera yesterday and the music sounded great - really clear and spinetingling. The speakers are not too obtrusive and fit in nicely with the glossy modern look of the tv. I'd recommend them for anyone who doesn't want to spend a lot of money on high end speakers, as these do the job.

Samsung WIS12ABGN/XEC Allshare (DLNA) Smart TV Wireless Dongle
Samsung WIS12ABGN/XEC Allshare (DLNA) Smart TV Wireless Dongle
Offered by PADNOTE

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 27 Nov. 2012
No complaints about this dongle. It does the job! I connected it to our new Samsung 5500 Smart tv and it now enables me to pick up the wi-fi signal from upstairs and connect to the internet. I can now use it to watch catchup tv on the tv instead of the pc! The picture for BBC iplayer is pretty good, though not quite as good as the tv picture itself. I suspect this is probably something to do with the wi-fi speed rather than the dongle. I'd recommend this for anyone who can't connect their Smart tv directly to their internet connection, but first check your tv paperwork to see exactly which dongle you need.

Terra Nova - The Complete Series [DVD]
Terra Nova - The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason O'Mara

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 27 Nov. 2012
I enjoyed this series and particularly liked the beautiful colourful landscapes. It's not really edge of the seat stuff (except for maybe the final episode), but good entertaining viewing and I'm disappointed it ended with this series. Anyone who likes time travel themes and science fiction should enjoy this. I noticed that, like Battlestar Galactica, it's based very much around the experiences of one family, and how they personally cope with the situation they find themselves in.

Lumie Bodyclock Halogen Bulb 42W
Lumie Bodyclock Halogen Bulb 42W

5.0 out of 5 stars Let the sun shine in!, 27 Nov. 2012
I love my Lumie bodyclock and would have great difficulty waking up without it's sunshiny bright light in a morning. I really missed it when the bulb blew, so ordered on Amazon and it came within a few days. These bulbs seem expensive, but this is only my third one in five years so I'm satisfied, considering I use my lamp every morning and night.

Casio G-2900F-2VER G-Shock Watch Men's Digital with Resin Strap
Casio G-2900F-2VER G-Shock Watch Men's Digital with Resin Strap
Offered by Chapelle

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking watch, 11 Oct. 2012
I bought this for my husband as a present and he's delighted with it. It's not a very big face, so for someone with chunky wrists it would look small, but he's happy with the size. It's a nice royal blue colour, which is slightly darker than it seems on some pictures. He found it fiddly to figure out how to set the alarm, but it's fine now he's got the hang of it. The alarm itself is a fairly quiet beep, so not ideal as a wake-up alarm, but good as a prompt for taking tablets etc. The light is useful for seeing the time in dark places, such as the cinema, and with an extra one second press on the button it will set the light to come on for a few seconds just at a tilt of the wrist. This useful little function only lasts for six hours at a time, which prevents it unduly draining the battery. The little sail shapes on the screen look decorative, but actually they tick down the seconds every minute.
Another thing he likes about this watch is that it's very lightweight and comfortable to wear, as he doesn't like wearing a heavy watch.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2015 6:16 PM BST