Profile for L. Miller > Reviews

Content by L. Miller

L. Miller (Portsmouth, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Ree Vibe Therapy Quantum Pink
Ree Vibe Therapy Quantum Pink

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun little gadget but design drawbacks make it more difficult to use, 6 April 2016
This little thing(just a tiny bit larger than your index finger) comes with about nine or so variations of vibrations and was fun to use by my partner and I. However, to be honest, there's a few nagging things that are really annoying. Firstly, the off button is not easily accessible and the device becomes incredibly slippery when trying the various settings. One has to detach the end part of the vibrator to stop it and then it becomes a quest to get thing back on if you want to re-use! It comes with a battery (flat when I received it) that is non-standard and is quite difficult to track down, is rather expensive and doesn't seem to last very long.

Incidentally, I paid substantially less than this and I would say it was just about worth it giving its drawbacks. It certainly isn't worth the near £20 that it is currently been priced at. Personally, I think one would better off buying something a bit larger.

CIROC Blue Steel Snap Frost Vodka, Zoolander Limited Edition Bottle 70 cl
CIROC Blue Steel Snap Frost Vodka, Zoolander Limited Edition Bottle 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely vodka in a pleasant looking bottle, 17 Feb. 2016
I'm giving this 5 stars simply because Ciroc is a great vodka and is worth the price stated (£26.99) even if it's basically a normal bottle dressed up in blue packaging. It's a nice looking bottle and at least the design seems a bit more of an effort than the 007 Belveldare version (which was just the same bottle with the 007 logo!). Can't believe that somebody here thought the vodka would actually be blue and so marked it as a 1/5. I mean, would you honestly drink a neat vodka that was blue coloured anyway???

This vodka is normally out of my price range but at this price it's just about reachable for me. One day I'll get that 1.75lt version though!

Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush - Amethyst
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush - Amethyst

4.0 out of 5 stars A high quality toothbrush., 2 Feb. 2016
Ive come back to Sonicare after a brief fling with a top end Oral B (Braun). The difference is amazing - whilst the Oral B chugs along like a petrol tanker the Sonicare hums along quietly and effectively. I no longer have to continually charge the toothbrush like the Oral B and my teeth feel noticeable clean. It's a bit odd just plonking the toothbrush in a whiskey glass but as I only have to charge it every 3 weeks that's not the end of the world.

Whilst Id love to give it 5 stars (particularly given that I got it much cheaper than the current price), I still remember that the last Sonicare expired pretty quickly and prompted my Oral B purchase. I hope it lasts a bit longer!

Chase English Potato Vodka 70 cl
Chase English Potato Vodka 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars This is really a quality vodka. Sadly out of ..., 2 Feb. 2016
This is really a quality vodka. Sadly out of my price range most of the time, but I snagged one at that freaky Friday thing. A clean, clear drink that for some reason never gives me problems the next day. Whilst its expensive, I think it holds it own when compared with Crystal Head, Snow Queen etc.

Kenda 26" Schrader Valve Mountain Bike Inner Tube
Kenda 26" Schrader Valve Mountain Bike Inner Tube
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks the part but sadly not suitable for bikes with small wheel holes., 2 Feb. 2016
I liked to way the Schrader valve is enclosed and protected, but the side effect of this was that the valve was too thick to fit through the frame of the wheel. This effectively makes it useless for me. Shame because it looked well made - but make sure your wheel hole is big enough to fit a Presto-sized valve.

Standing in the Shadows of Motown [DVD] [2003]
Standing in the Shadows of Motown [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Joe Hunter

3.0 out of 5 stars ... forward to watching this DVD and whilst it was nice that these people have got some recognition it did ..., 20 Dec. 2015
I was looking forward to watching this DVD and whilst it was nice that these people have got some recognition it did feel like they went on about that lack of attention rather too much in this film! By the end of the DVD, which in itself should've been retitled "The Funk Brothers" rather than such a generic title, it was rather annoying being told how little recognition they apparently received. Whilst some may like the interview then a piece showing them at a new concert format, I found that to be disappointing. With respect, none of the cover versions came anywhere close to the originals and seemed to be there just to make the film long enough to be screened. I found myself fast forwarding through most of the concert footage. I can only conclude that getting the rights to some of the archive material was beyond the budget of the producers. The interviews were interesting but they just didn't hold my attention in the same way that the "Muscle Shoals" DVD did for me. It deserves a pat on the back for at least attempting to showcase the unknown but it comes across as low budget, made for TV documentary - interesting and watchable, but only the once.

Roberts Elise DAB FM RDS Digital Radio - White
Roberts Elise DAB FM RDS Digital Radio - White

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect option for those with poor eyesight, frail or want a simple digital radio, 20 Dec. 2015
I have an 86 year old step granddad that I look out for and this radio is ideal. He is losing his eyesight and is vision is poor. However, the buttons on the radio are clear and simple to follow for him. After saving his favourite channels on the respective buttons, he is now able to simply press one of the buttons and listen to music when in the past he wasn't able to do it because it was too fiddly or difficult. I'm amazed that there are so few digital radios that cater for older people with poor eyesight.

TARION Protector Pu Leather Case for Sony Hx 50v Digital Camera Detachable
TARION Protector Pu Leather Case for Sony Hx 50v Digital Camera Detachable
Offered by Discount365

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing option for the Sony HX50 camera, 20 Dec. 2015
I bought this to hold my Sony camera and have to say that I'm very disappointed with it. Firstly, it's not actually practical to use. You can't just open the case and take a picture without having to hold the bits of the case. I also found that it is very tight when the camera is in the case and very fiddly as the whole thing is attached together with buttons. It does provide protection against being damaged in a bag and as it's basically a cheaper version of the Sony branded one it represents good value in that respect. However, for me, it's just not useful if you want to take pictures quickly and sporadically.

Silipos Achilles Heel Pad | Large / X Large | Cushioning Protection Sleeve with Moisturising Mineral Grade Oil
Offered by Footcare UK Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but way too expensive!, 20 Dec. 2015
You have to hand it to the makers of this product. They've taken what appears to be an old pair of thick ladies tights stuck a gel pad on the heel area and charged £15+ for the pleasure! If you don't mind that, it's actually quite useful and provides some protection for the heel. I have Haglunds Deformity and it does help a little in that respect. However, it is far too expensive and in future I will buy a copy of gel pads and get some to sew them into a pair of short socks!

Epson Expression Home XP-432 All-in-One Inkjet Printer
Epson Expression Home XP-432 All-in-One Inkjet Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent printer for the price, but don't drop it because it'll break!, 30 Sept. 2015
I bought this printer for my Aunt and was dreading the process of installling and getting it working. Thankfully, the whole process is actually quite straightforward and the only problem I had was tracking down the rather short power lead that was stored deep inside the unit! The setting up takes about half an hour to do and I just followed the printer instructions first and then slotted in the disc and installed all the software. So far, I've used it to print text documents and the quality has been excellent. The scanner was also straightforward to use and I was able to send resulting images via email with no problem and no need to read any manuals. The wifi connection process was also very simple to achieve.

As its fairly cheap, there are a couple of things to look out for. Firstly, the printer isn't the hardiest of items. The printer tray is fiddly and cries out to be broken when moved, whilst the actual control panel creaks with apparent pain whenever a button is touched. I would also suggest this isn't suitable for heavy, intensive use and is no match for any rampaging or inquisitive toddler that may chance upon it. The printer isn't too noisey, but can get a bit of time if there's graphics to print.

My aunts will be in a corner ready for printing out text documents, printing reservations and all the other mundane but suddenly important reasons that a printer is needed. For this sort of price, that's ok by me. The printer does have bold predictions about photo production and remote printing through clever Smart Phone Apps but this is where I think me and the printer are likely to fall out of in the long term - particularly as I'm now the compulsorily-appointed Printer Technical Support for my Aunt!

The cartridges use the 29XL Cartridge format so keep an eye on that because I guess other formats won't work. The Epson website shows how long each cartridge is estimated to last when used appropriately. Little tip, when loading paper, flick the paper to help the printer feed page by page.

It's so useful that I'm going to order the same model for my house too, although not through Amazon. That isn't because of any bad thing on the part of the supplier, it was just a lot cheaper elsewhere.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8