Profile for Tania Poole > Reviews

Content by Tania Poole

Tania Poole "Merry Jackdaw" (Ballarat, VIC Australia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Shaman of Stonewylde (Stonewylde Novels)
Shaman of Stonewylde (Stonewylde Novels)
by Kit Berry

4.0 out of 5 stars shaman, 17 Dec 2012
This 5th book of Kit's stories have finished the tales off nicely. I always thought that Stonewylde could do with a councellor!

Fairy Tales [DVD] [2008]
Fairy Tales [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ James Nesbitt
Offered by Copeylad

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tales!, 17 Dec 2012
This review is from: Fairy Tales [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
One of the main reason why I bought this was because Lee Ingleby is in it and I adore him - but other stories are great - my least favourite being the billy goat bluff story, but the others are good!

Rosamunde Pilcher's Winter Solstice [DVD]
Rosamunde Pilcher's Winter Solstice [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sinéad Cusack
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 17 Dec 2012
Thanks to my great aunt, I discovered this DVD - I am not a lover of such authors as Rosamunde Pilcher, but this story struck a cord with me, and so did its sequel, Summer Solstice

St Trinian's 2 - The Legend Of Fritton's Gold [DVD]
St Trinian's 2 - The Legend Of Fritton's Gold [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Tennant
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Love St Trinians!, 17 Dec 2012
I have loved the Ronald Searle artwork of St Trinians since my teens and own the four older films too. It took me a little while to warm to the first film,but now LOVE it, and simply HAD to get this one - it never got released in Australia, so had to seek it out and got it a few months before it got here!

Look Around You : Complete BBC Series 2 [DVD]
Look Around You : Complete BBC Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Popper

5.0 out of 5 stars for a friend, 17 Dec 2012
Got this for a friend who loves Peter Serafinowicz. I bought her season 1 while I toured the UK and then got this for her to add to her collection - I liked it too, however it would cost a lot to collect all greatness of British comedy.

Faintheart [DVD] [2008]
Faintheart [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Eddie Marsan
Offered by TIP TOP SELLER

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 17 Dec 2012
This review is from: Faintheart [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I have been a medieval re-enactor in the past, (still sometimes delve into it!) so when a friend showed me this, I was desirous to add it to my DVD collection. A lot of it hits home and is very familiar. Brilliant!

Scarlet Pimpernel - The Complete Series 1 & 2 [DVD] [1999]
Scarlet Pimpernel - The Complete Series 1 & 2 [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Richard E.Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Richard E Grant rocks my world, 17 Dec 2012
Really, I am just a great lover of the exploits of the Scarlet Pimpernel, so any production involving him is bound to make it to my DVD collection - here in my country it was hard to find season 2 of this adaptation, so I had to order this great complete series which satisfies me entirely.

Summer Solstice [DVD]
Summer Solstice [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jacqueline Bisset
Offered by rightpricediscs

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice continuation, 17 Dec 2012
This review is from: Summer Solstice [DVD] (DVD)
I saw 'Winter Solstice' thanks to my great aunt, and bought that DVD only to discover there was a sequel - I'm not one for even reading such authors like Rosamunde Pilcher, as I love fantasy, action, and comedy a bit more than drama, but this I enjoyed, Sinead Cusack is a brilliant actress, and I love the young love between Lucy and Rory.

The Secret Commonwealth: Of Elves, Fauns, and Fairies (New York Review Books)
The Secret Commonwealth: Of Elves, Fauns, and Fairies (New York Review Books)
by Robert Kirk

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairies!, 17 Dec 2012
I really need to re-read this book to really take it in - half the time I was confused and did not know what was going on - Robert Kirk was a strange character indeed, I am not sure a religious man like this should write stuff about fairies. It is very likely to be biased. I'm still gald I own this book..

From Time To Time [DVD]
From Time To Time [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Lucy Boston's books, 17 Dec 2012
This review is from: From Time To Time [DVD] (DVD)
The book this film is based on is called 'The Chimneys of Greenknowe'. It is part 2 of a series of 6 books - all set at Greenknowe, an old house that has been in the family for 1000 years - modelled on the real house Hemingford Grey in Cambridgeshire, this story is very well told. It is very different from the book, indeed so is the explaination that Tolly can see his ancestors - they are not ghosts in the books - but in a time slip, and he encounters them at random times when he visits his great grandmothers house. These 6 books should really been adapted into a mini series where all the stories are told as similar to the books as possible.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3