Profile for Matthew Parkin > Reviews

Content by Matthew Parkin

Matthew Parkin

The Way We're Working Isn't Working: The Four Forgotten Needs That Energize Great Performance
by Tony Schwartz

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not just a book it's my new best friend, 30 Sept. 2010
It's taken me a little longer to read than a normal book because i thought i'd put it to the test and live it. Having lived this over the past months i can truely say hand on heart this has changed the way i think about myself and the way i approach my working life. Right from the start, the book drew me in, I realised i was one of these working machinces that my company had created. I was in a trap of long hours, travelling, missing meals, no excercise with high demands to deliver results. This book really does emphasise the importance of recovery and the need to reflect and energise yourself to maintin peak performance.
Once you believe and accept the need to change, you simply have to do it. Having lived this i now practice and promote this in the workplace, the results are quite remarkable with the levels of engagement and performance clearly visible.

you don't survive and win by working longer hours you do this by being smarter, this book really does lay the foundations of doing just that.
his isn't just another management book that you put in the top drawer when you have finished reading it,it's the new way of working.