Profile for Tony Fox > Reviews

The Rise of the Shadow Warrior [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danielle Chuchran
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars definatly one for d&d fans, 1 Dec 2013
This film came as such a pleasant surprise, well directed and acted, with a reasonable plot, this film was clearly given the space and opportunity by producers to be brave and it pays off. The stand out character played by Danielle Chuchran who holds the film together with a believable character, who does not rely on sexiest stereotypes (you don't at any stage think she doesn't have the physical skills to do that). This film proves you don't need a big budget to make an excellent film, it is a shame that people here have given this film low marks for not being lord of the rings (LOTR), as there is not one film to rule them all or in the darkened living room bind them, if surfing elf's is what you want this is not for you, if you want character driven fantasy, with exceptional fight choreography and good cinematography which at no stage makes you feel it is people wondering in the woods with rubber swords, then this is for you. I feel if LOTR borrowed some of the techniques seen here it would not have needed to be so long and would have not been substandard to it's cartoon predecessor. I would strongly recommend this film, with it's only fault being the absence of rodents of unusual size.

Football Manager 2012 (PC/Mac DVD)
Football Manager 2012 (PC/Mac DVD)
Offered by filmrollen
Price: 6.25

1.0 out of 5 stars What a shame or should I say sham, 23 Oct 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
While the game itself sports some useful improvements, this will be my last ever purchase of this franchise.

Yes the game engine is faster and more efficient than 2011 and the database and scouting has been updated. The deal breaker for me is two fold the lack of any real update in the training section, no doubt waiting for next year and the tie in with Steam.

Steam which is designed to make the products we purchase time limited and restricted to maximize profit potentiality. Which is not an ethos that sits easily with me especially under the pretense of piracy protection measures. I hope the space these restrictive copyright measures create allows space for new an innovative games designers to develop, I know that where most of my money goes now.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2011 2:46 PM BST

Dragon Age 2 (PC DVD)
Dragon Age 2 (PC DVD)
Offered by smeikalbooks
Price: 5.96

1.0 out of 5 stars not sure whats worse, 25 May 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dragon Age 2 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Not sure whats worse pre-ordering this dire game or the arrogance of the developers and designers who say not only do they not care that they have ruined a possibly great game franchise, but all the fans of the first game where idiots for not liking the non RPG direction they took with the second. Even going as far as to say that they will in no way look at the mistakes of they made with this game and are planning on making all future Dragon's age games this bad.

In short I don't understand why anybody has given this game anything above one star as it is;
one dimensional
uncreative
short
with all the great bits of the first game removed
a disappointing sequel I'm glad I have the Witcher 2 and there is still hope for Skyrim so I can forget about the wasted money on this title.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Xbox 360)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Games Heaven
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars PES is back and fighting strong, 9 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I would have written a review sooner as I got the game when it first came out but been to busy playing it.
Great game play that allows you to play in the style that suits you and your team.

If you want a game that feels like playing real football, and relies on having tactical knowledge rather than button bashing this is the game for you.

Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques of Milton H. Erickson, MD: Volume 1
Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques of Milton H. Erickson, MD: Volume 1
by John Grinder

1.0 out of 5 stars It's unfortunate that people have been exposed to this book., 24 Oct 2010
As a qualified Psychologist and Hypnotherapist, I initially purchased this book several years ago to gain an incite into the exciting world or indirect hypnosis. After several pages I started asking myself why have the authors created an text that stops just short of being an indecipherable text.

My overwhelming impression after finishing the book with the help of my own self created glossary (cheaper than a course in NLP), I was left with the unanswerable question why would you create a code that needs further training in order to understand it, if the aim of the book is to further inform the readers about a particular therapeutic modality, rather than strengthening the brand that is NLP.

If you are looking for a more informative text then I suggest reading in order of preference 'Uncommon therapy', 'My voice will go with you', 'The seminars, workshops and lectures of Milton Erickson vol 1', and 'Taproots underlying principles of Milton Erickson's therapy and hypnosis', all of which have enabled me bring Ericksonian principles to my own practice.

I wouldn't recommend this book to anybody except the most ardent fan of NLP and even then expect to be disappointed. The principles of Ericksonian therapy aren't that confusing in reality, however it does take a lot of time to develop the observation skills, and confidence to use confusion and metaphor to facilitate change. I don't think this book builds on either of these essential requirements, so save yourself the trouble and read something more informative.

Russell Hobbs 12683 Breadman Breadmaker
Russell Hobbs 12683 Breadman Breadmaker

2.0 out of 5 stars makes good bread but don't expect to last longer than a year, 4 Sep 2009
This bread maker makes good bread but is designed badly and customer services are less than helpful. my bread makers paddle stopped rotating when experiencing resistance of kneading dough after 13months of regular use of once a week. On inspection I discovered that the large cog under the machine that rotates the paddle was slipping due to it being made of a soft plastic which has resulted on the center of this cog being worn out, I contacted russell hobbes directly who said this part is not considered consumable and so do not make replacement parts. This of course makes good financial sense for them as they expect the customer to purchase a new bread maker for the sake of an easily replaceable and inexpensive part. I strongly recommend steering clear of this product unless you wish to replace this product every couple of years. If anybody does know where you can get replacement parts for this product it would be greatly appreciated.

The Definitive Book of Body Language: How to Read Others' Attitudes by Their Gestures
by Allan Pease
Price: 8.18

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Pease's first book, 16 Feb 2009
I bought this book as a replacement to my well thumbed Allen Pease Body language book which I found a useful and insightful tool, unfortunately while a lot of the original content is there, I felt this book undid a lot of the good work conducted by Allen Pease in understanding body language, through Barbara Pease's contributions which often felt biased and unfounded. I would recommend any body interested in this book to try obtaining the original Allen Pease book as it is a much better book without the pseudo psycho babel which has no scientific foundations.

Mount & Blade (PC CD)
Mount & Blade (PC CD)
Offered by GeeksWholesaler
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An execellent game, 16 Feb 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mount & Blade (PC CD) (DVD-ROM)
An excellent game that makes you realize that great games can still be made. Has the free roaming elements of Elite and the engaging game play. The fighting on horses is done better than any other game of this kind.
I only hope that this encourages more games with this formula to be made. A game that gives us space to use our imagination.

2.4" TFT Ricco Touch Control Sensitive MP3 MP4 Player FM REC GAME eBook Photo Viewer AVI Xvid Divx FM JPG micro SD card expandable to 8GB 24T2

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the limitations of this product, 12 Jan 2008
This product does have an excellent sized display which allows you to watch media files with ease, however you should be aware that this product also suffers from a very short battery life compared to similar product. The battery life is four hours for video files or six hours for audio play even on power saver.

I have also had difficulty with the ebook facility as the bookmarks get deleted every time you charge the product or turn it off by the standby button.