Profile for Mrs. Sonja Hackett > Reviews

Daughters of the Witching Hill
Daughters of the Witching Hill
by Mary Sharratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughters of the Witching Hill, 17 May 2010
The best and most powerful book about the Pendle Witches I have ever read. Living just across the Lancashire Border I am familiar with the story of Chattox and Demdike and the history of the Pendle Witches. But this book has taken me to places I could never have imagined. I was very graphically and realistically drawn into their century, into the brooding landscape of Pendle Hill, into the lives and circumstances of those women, and I felt every one of their emotion and pain and anguish right to the bitter end.
If you only ever read one book about the Pendle Witches - let it be this one. You will not be disappointed.

Home Comforts: The Art & Science of Keeping House: The Art and Science of Keeping House
by Cheryl Mendelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Home Comforts Book, 9 Jan 2010
Excellent service from the supplier. Item arrived earlier than expected. Very good quality for the price, exactly as advertised. Had seen the book before and I am very happy with it. It is exactly what I expected. Thanks again for the brilliant service.

Die Pestglocke: Kelten-Thriller
Die Pestglocke: Kelten-Thriller
by Patrick Dunne

5.0 out of 5 stars Patrick Dunne DIE PESTGLOCKE, 29 Oct 2009
Very gripping. Read the entire book in one sitting. Could not put it down. Brilliant.

Mrs Sharp's Traditions: Reviving Victorian Family Celebrations of Comfort and Joy
by Sarah Ban Breathnach

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Sharp's Traditions, 13 Sep 2009
This is a great book for the traditionalist in us who hankers back to a more nostalgic time. For the older generation of us it is a wonderful way to re-connect to our childhood and the ways of our grandmothers. To be recommended.

Alte böhmische Küche
Alte böhmische Küche
by Klaus Teuber

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Alte boehmische Kueche' Cookbook, 19 July 2009
This review is from: Alte böhmische Küche (Hardcover)
A wonderful traditional german language cookbook. Tried and tested easy to follow recipes with mouthwatering results, just as my grandmother used to make. To be recommended.