Profile for Mrs. Carolyn Ching > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Carolyn Ching

Mrs. Carolyn Ching "Carolyn Ching" (Bradford-on-Avon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Confessions of Robert Crumb [DVD] [1987] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Confessions of Robert Crumb [DVD] [1987] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Robert Armstrong
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars The book arrived very promptly and in excellent condition., 13 Dec. 2014
My husband is a Robert Crumb fan so this was for him. He loves it, of course. The book arrived very promptly and in excellent condition.

The Wine Diet
The Wine Diet
by Professor Roger Corder PhD MRPharmS

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd recommend this book — am still reading through it, 5 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Wine Diet (Paperback)
This is an interesting and informative book by a doctor. Also heartening to read of the research he has done into wine drinkers and their health. I'd recommend this book — am still reading through it. The service from awesome books was exemplary, as usual

The Invisible Woman: The Story of Nelly Ternan and Charles Dickens
The Invisible Woman: The Story of Nelly Ternan and Charles Dickens
by Claire Tomalin

3.0 out of 5 stars A well researched book — made a great movie., 11 Aug. 2014
Can't say I enjoyed this book nearly as much as Clair Tomalin's wonderful biography of Charles Dickens. Obviously, Tomalin had to do an enormous amount of digging to get the facts of Nelly's life, which had been hidden in her lifetime. The biography suffers from this, but as the basis of the movie of the same name, it is excellent. Buy the book and please see the movie, which really brings it to life.

Marie Stopes: And the Sexual Revolution
Marie Stopes: And the Sexual Revolution
by June Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 11 Aug. 2014
Fascinating real-life account of a larger-than-life woman. Highly recommended.

Trick of the Tale (Collectors Classics) (Collectors Classics)
Trick of the Tale (Collectors Classics) (Collectors Classics)
by John Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars He says it's a very good book. It also arrived well before the deadline, 11 Aug. 2014
Bought this for my husband, an artist, who is always interested in other artist's work. He says it's a very good book. It also arrived well before the deadline, in perfect condition.

The Forbidden City: Heart of Imperial China (New Horizons)
The Forbidden City: Heart of Imperial China (New Horizons)
by Gilles Béguin

5.0 out of 5 stars and valued for the wonderful illustrations and fascinating information, 11 Aug. 2014
In a recent flood, I lost this much valued copy of The Forbidden City, which I have had for many years, and valued for the wonderful illustrations and fascinating information. I'm not Chinese — the name Ching is of Cornish origin — but I've always been very interested in China, ever since I was young. Losing this book was heartbreaking. So I was thrilled to see that it was still available. I ordered it one day and it arrived the next — in perfect condition. Wonderful service from this seller, for a book that anyone interested in the magnificent history and architecture of this fascinating country, will enjoy.

Advertising for Dummies 2nd Edition
Advertising for Dummies 2nd Edition
by Gary Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars A textbook of the advertising industry, 30 Jun. 2014
If you've never been employed in advertising but wanna be, you really need to read this book to find out the basics. If you're slogging away in advertising and don't really understand it — this will make it all clear. Lots of excellent advice. A book you need close at hand to refer to when others give you the wrong advice!

Writing Copy For Dummies
Writing Copy For Dummies
by Kranz

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously great advice for dummies and clever clogs, 30 Jun. 2014
I was a copywriter in advertising, rising to a Creative Head at McCann Erickson. This book is an excellent guide to the basics of writing copy and I would recommend it to anyone wishing to enter the exciting world of advertising.

Sex, Politics and Society: The Regulation of Sexuality Since 1800 (Themes In British Social History)
by J. Weeks

4.0 out of 5 stars The title of the book says it all., 15 Jun. 2014
We are all, whether we like it or not, involved in sex, politics and society. In the end, they are all one and the same. A serious academic work on a very broad subject .

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very effective., 19 April 2014
I have had constipation since I was a child. I've taken all sorts of laxatives, many of which are addictive. Finally stopped taking anything except Epsom salts (on recommendation of a senior gastroenterologist) but recently I was given this to take before a hospital scan and found it so excellent that I was grateful to be able to buy it over the counter. It works without any pain or strain, a and I would recommend it to anyone with chronic constipation. You do have to drink plenty of water before and after. But this is true with any laxative.

I will not necessarily take it regularly but when I am going through a bad patch, I know I can rely on Picolax.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3