Profile for Green Milo > Reviews

Content by Green Milo

Green Milo (Salmiya, Kuwait)

Starlight
Starlight
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Jazz Influenced Joan, 13 Oct 2012
This review is from: Starlight (MP3 Download)
The album I heard when Joan appeared on a BBC Radio programme and so the music was good but made so much better by the artist's personal contribution to the creativity. Did I really want a CD no so the mp3 download not only provides the desired product but in no time at all. OK so the quality could be better if it was to be the promise of the pure tones of the original recording but then we can't always get what we really, really want.

Leaving Home: Short Pieces (Kindle Single)
Leaving Home: Short Pieces (Kindle Single)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Way to be Introduced to an Author, 1 May 2012
I listened to a couple of radio interviews for Jodi and her latest book (Lone Wolf) and I was intrigued by her research with how much she could tell about Wolves in a short interview. I had not read anything of hers, so how to get a quick introduction I thought and I went back to the Kindle Short Pieces. This quickly gave me the introduction and even then I decided to start with some of her earlier books Sing You Home. So I strongly recommend these short stories and personally I am really enjoying her writing.

The Underground City (Kelpies: Dragonfire)
The Underground City (Kelpies: Dragonfire)
by Anne Forbes
Price: 5.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Edinburgh in the Light, 11 Jun 2009
I like reading and I like reading Anne's books. Anne Forbes paints a bright colourful picture of Scotland and Edinburgh in particular. You do not need to believe in Dragons or magic as long as your future plans take in to account any possibility of having one live nearby. There is a love element in this story but even a dragon should be allowed to get lucky once in a few hundred years.

Ian Rankin writes also of a city called Edinburgh a much darker and more sinister place, now you chose which you really want to believe. The Edinburgh of Ian Rankin and that of Anne Forbes are two very different cities which just happen to be in the same geographical place.

Dragonfire (Kelpies: Dragonfire)
Dragonfire (Kelpies: Dragonfire)
by Anne Forbes
Price: 5.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book and not a Good Cure for Insomnia, 31 Oct 2006
OK so I am biased because I have a copy signed by the author and I am a little over the recommended age range. But I am only old not dead and I really know a well written book when I read one. It does not read like this book was exclusively written for pre-teens but I guess that maybe they should be allowed to read it too. You could borrow my copy but I am not likely to finish with it any time soon.

Morning Breaks in the Elevator
Morning Breaks in the Elevator
by Lemn Sissay
Price: 8.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple elegance of poetic skill, 26 Sep 2000
I first heard Lemn Sissay reading his poetry on the radio and this book includes several of those poems. A highlight of the book (as with his readings) is his discussions about how he views poetry, and particularly the way in which poetry should be presented to an audience. Whilst these comments are at the end of the book I strongly recommend the reader to read this before starting the up-lifting experience of enjoying the poems themselves. They will bring you up they will take you down and I assure you that you will enjoy the travel.

Run Devil Run
Run Devil Run
Price: 6.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock and Roll the way it should be, 21 Nov 1999
This review is from: Run Devil Run (Audio CD)
I agree with reviews I have read here and add that having listened to Paul McCartney explaining the ideas behind the album and how it was produced I would definitely underline the comment "If you think today's pop is awful ... then listen to this". You may not like all the tracks but you can not sit down and listen to it ... So get up and clap your hands and stomp your feet.