Profile for Julia Jackson > Reviews

Honestly Healthy for Life: Healthy Alternatives for Everyday Eating
Honestly Healthy for Life: Healthy Alternatives for Everyday Eating
by Natasha Corrett

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing!, 3 April 2014
As and advocate of the first book, I pre ordered the second from Amazon. In hindsight, I wish that I had waited and thumbed through it before coughing up £25.00. Its very pretty yes but I am disappointed. As a cookery book, it lacks true substance. Theres a distinct absence of proper meal recipes, instead is filled up with an enormous amount of cakes, puddings, sweet snacks and such like. There's little in the way of great salads, grains, pasta and pulses recipes, instead a lot of side vegetables. If you're deciding on which to buy, all the great ideas are in the first book!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2014 1:48 PM BST

Manduka pro®, 66 x 180 cm - Standard
Manduka pro®, 66 x 180 cm - Standard
Offered by Yogamatters Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Manduka Black Yoga Mat, 8 Aug 2011
Buying the best of the best I was hoping that the Manduka Black Mat would be the answer to my problems. Sadly it isnt! At my much loved Vinyasa yoga flow class, my hands and feet have no grip what so ever and therefore still have to use a towel just like when I used my £15 yoga mat. I hope that within time, with wear and use that the grip will get better but right now I am unable to enjoy a class as much as I should. After reading many reviews I was convinced this was the 'king of yoga mats' and that its grip is 'second to none' and that it will 'revolutionise my yoga practise', understandably I am extremely disappointed having spent £70 that Ive found it isnt so. Yes its quality is undoubtedly good and therefore will be a durable mat, however its extremely heavy to carry around!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2012 11:59 PM GMT