Profile for Ali Jarman > Reviews

Ash
Ash
Price: 0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Just dreadful, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: Ash (Kindle Edition)
I haven't read any James Herbert in a while, and probably won't again. Rubbish story, too overblown and ridiculous for its own good; yards of superfluous detail but poor characterisation. I'm sure there are many fans who love it but I won't be joining them.

ABC of Emergency Radiology (ABC Series)
ABC of Emergency Radiology (ABC Series)
by Otto Chan
Price: 25.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for any radiology/radiography student, 27 May 2014
Gives systematic guides to interpretting radiological images, including CT head. Thoroughly recommend this to any student approaching exams. I think I'll be getting lots of use from this as a qualified too.

The Hairy Dieters Eat for Life: How to Love Food, Lose Weight and Keep it Off for Good! (Hairy Bikers)
by Hairy Bikers
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars More excellent recipes, 25 Mar 2014
Another book for those of us who are carrying around a bit too much weight. As with the last book, some cracking recipes which are delicious and easy. And it's also useful to pick up ways of making my own recipes lower in fat. Great!

My Alarm Clock - Wake up to the digital alarm clock app with sleep timer and current weather conditions
Price: 1.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, 25 Mar 2014
Just what I needed. I've got lots of control and the sounds it makes are enough to wake me up, but not enough to frighten me out of my skin!

The Big Over Easy (Nursery crimes)
The Big Over Easy (Nursery crimes)
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, 25 Mar 2014
I've read other Jasper Fforde books, but this was the best so far. I love the wit and working in of the nursery rhymes. Good fun!

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
Price: 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Somewhat predictable. I only finished it because I don't like to leave things unfinished. I don't think I'll be bothering with any more.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Extended Edition [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Martin Freeman
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 25 Mar 2014
I truly wish I'd seen this at the cinema, but life gets in the way. Now looking back this film has embedded itself in my memory as if I did and I think that's a testament to the quality of the blu ray. A great film.

Flow Mania : Connect the Colors
Flow Mania : Connect the Colors

3.0 out of 5 stars Bot boring, 25 Mar 2014
Surprisingly easy to do, even when they look like they're getting more complex. Have deleted it cos I got bored.

Booze: River Cottage Handbook No.12
Booze: River Cottage Handbook No.12
by John Wright
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, 25 Mar 2014
Not only does this have fabulous recipes that are easy to reproduce, it's written with a wry sense of humour. Looking forward to our first rhubarb vodka in the spring!

Nothing: From absolute zero to cosmic oblivion - amazing insights into nothingness
by New Scientist
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, reading myself, 25 Mar 2014
What an idea! Giving my father Nothing for Christmas. It started out as a bit of a joke, but I've rarely seen him so enthused over a book. Now I'm reading it and I have to say I love it too. Brilliantly written with the right balance of science and layman's language. You need to have an interest to read it, but if you watch Horizon on BBC it's nothing you can't handle. Excellent!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5