Profile for M. R. C > Reviews

Content by M. R. C

M. R. C "Strange Convention" (London, UK.)

Great North Road
Great North Road

5.0 out of 5 stars He does it again, 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Great North Road (Kindle Edition)
Hamilton creates yet another future vision for mankind, eminently believable, a place you can imagine living one day if only??

Cannon for Hire (Tom Cannon Book 1)
Cannon for Hire (Tom Cannon Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 11 Dec. 2014
Like reading a 1960's western film.
Enjoyable without straining your brain
Worth a read for the money.
Three more words

Splinter (Songs from a Broken Mind)
Splinter (Songs from a Broken Mind)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Masterful Work, 4 Nov. 2013
A Great collection of tracks - Clear evidence of his continued movement forward moulding & mutating what has gone before into something new & engaging

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

4.0 out of 5 stars Changing my Life, 31 Oct. 2010
I finally decided to buy a Kindle and then the stock dried up. This annoyed me slightly and I put off ordering one and kept watching for the delivery times to change but they just kept getting longer. in the end I resigned myself to the wait and placed my order. It turned up quicker than I expected so plus points for that.I have been a book worm since my early teens and my book collection has now outgrown the space in my little flat. I saw in the Kindle a chance to solve my problems,I downloaded several free books at first to see what the reading experiance was like on the screen. It is fine, no complaints on that score. Now my task is to sell my physical books as I replace them with the Kindle versions. PROBLEM:: Very few of the books I want are available on Kindle yet, I do realise that all the publishers are working through thier back catalogue, though it does seem that the sci fi firms are a bit slow on the uptake.
All in all I am more than happy with my purchase, and hopefully time will fix the supply problem!

Oh, cant get the wifi to work with any of my local hubs, but i just download on my PC and transfer so not the end of the world
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2010 1:07 AM GMT

Jagged
Jagged

4.0 out of 5 stars 97 percent, 13 April 2006
This review is from: Jagged (Audio CD)
Firstly let me say that I am a Numan Fan,I make no bones about it. "JAGGED" is a worthy successor to "PURE" no question, But I think where some people are having trouble is that they were expecting another "PURE", A "Pure part 2" so to speak. But if you look at Garys last 4-5 albums you can see that each time hes taken his past added his new toys & influences and moved a step or two further. Just not always in a straight line!.

Hes fallen in with Ade Fenton and the boys from Sulpher and you can hear & feel it. Just think of it as a master painter being given some brand new colors to use for his newest work. Take " JAGGED" as it is and enjoy they sweep of it. Let it grab corners of your pyche you didnt know you had & wallow.

HAVE earfuls of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!