Profile for Dave > Reviews

Content by Dave

Dave (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800  (Brown Box)
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 (Brown Box)
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Mouse scroll wheel does not work as expected for all software, 8 Feb 2013
Let me start by saying that this is a good keyboard and mouse combo, not too flashy but it looks good and does the job well... up to a point. I have since found out that there is a known problem with the scroll wheel on this mouse. It's important at this stage to mention that this is not an issue with the hardware, it is however dependant on what software you are using (and it could be many); for me I found that I couldn't scroll through my photos on Google's Picasa program. There are several solutions most of which are available, a quick Google search will prove to you the extent of the problem.

I really would expect a Microsoft product to just work straight out of the box. If you are not technically inclined or don't want to faff about, you may consider purchasing from a different brand. Be warned.

Lowepro 8 x 6cm Lens Case  - Black
Lowepro 8 x 6cm Lens Case - Black
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect of Micro Four Thirds Lenses, 7 Feb 2013
I bought this for my Panasonic 25mm f1.4 and Olympus kit 14-42mm MFT lenses. Personally I think these cases are the right balance between quality and price. They are well made and hold the lenses well. I would recommend.

Marksman 11Pc Precision Screwdriver Set
Marksman 11Pc Precision Screwdriver Set
Offered by Express Goods UK
Price: 1.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 7 Feb 2013
You get what you pay for with this screwdriver set. It's not high quality but neither is what I'm using them for. Unless you're a professional watchmaker, this is a great cheap kit for that "once every two year" requirement to tighten your glasses arm or replace a battery on a cheap watch. For the price, it has to get 5 stars.

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 (Retail Packaging)
Price: 21.26

3.0 out of 5 stars Mouse scroll wheel does not work as expected for all software, 7 Feb 2013
Let me start by saying that this is a good keyboard and mouse combo, not too flashy but it looks good and does the job well... up to a point. I have since found out that there is a known problem with the scroll wheel on this mouse. It's important at this stage to mention that this is not an issue with the hardware, it is however dependant on what software you are using (and it could be many); for me I found that I couldn't scroll through my photos on Google's Picasa program. There are several solutions most of which are available here, although a quick Google search will prove to you the extent of the problem:

[...]

JJC replacement Olympus LH-40 lens hood for Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II & M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II (R)
Offered by Galaxy Electronix
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., 3 Feb 2013
A great hood at a fraction of the price of the Olympus equivalent, it fits perfectly and works a treat removing the flares on my photographs in sunlight.

Euro to IEC (C7) "Figure of 8" Mains Power Cable - 1 Metre
Euro to IEC (C7) "Figure of 8" Mains Power Cable - 1 Metre
Offered by ECFACTOP
Price: 2.63

4.0 out of 5 stars No more chunky converter plugs when in Europe, 3 Feb 2013
I was fed up of having to take the large UK plug cable and chunky converter with me every time I went to Europe. This now means that I save on a load of space in my luggage.

Stainless Steel Conical Strainer 230mm | Sauce Strainer, Kitchen Strainer, Colanders, Sieves, Funnels
Offered by Amethyst Catering Equipment Ltd (prices inc vat)
Price: 11.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for making stocks, 3 Feb 2013
I've been looking for a big enough strainer to accommodate all the bits of chicken carcass when making stocks and this does the job nicely... all I need now is a larger bowl to put it all in!

Giottos GTAA1900 Rocket Air Blower - Black
Giottos GTAA1900 Rocket Air Blower - Black
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Saving the planet one compressed air canister at a time., 3 Feb 2013
This is one of the best air blowers I've used. It won't do if you dropped your camera body, without a lens on, in the sand but it's perfect for the tiny bits of fluff and dust that can find their way into your camera.

BestDealUK For Leica M 40.5mm 40.5 mm Metal Vented Lens Hood Shade Black
BestDealUK For Leica M 40.5mm 40.5 mm Metal Vented Lens Hood Shade Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Probably good for Leica M lens NOT the Olympus 14-42mm Mk1 MFT, 3 Feb 2013
I bought this for my Olympus 14-42mm Mk1 kit lens for my E-P1. Unfortunately at the wide focal length of 14mm (28mm) the sides of the hood are visible. So don't bother if you're thinking the same thing.

Tip blister Micro USB 180
Tip blister Micro USB 180
Offered by IDAPT
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame I had to buy this, 3 Feb 2013
This does what you need it to do. But it's just a shame that I had to buy it, this should have been included in the full product. I've had to throw away the majority of superfluous connectors that came with the idapt charger. Oh well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4