Profile for shanerbn > Reviews

The Hateful Eight
The Hateful Eight
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Slack, Slow, Sans Substance, 8 May 2016
This review is from: The Hateful Eight (Amazon Video)
Very steady, plot flowed like molasses in winter, i really wanted to like it but at times almost turned it off, certainly wouldn't want to watch it again, a decidedly slack film for Tarantino, I expected something with more substance and weight from such a cast! Walton Goggins did a good job but his character was way below his capacity, same of Samuel L Jackson

Lucifer: Season 1
Lucifer: Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, Intriguing, Looking Forward To The Next One, 1 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Lucifer: Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Enjoyable Pilot episode, left one wanting to see more, how the characters will develop, looking forward to Tuesday evenings now to see more!

iPhone 6S Tempered Glass Screen Protector, TeckNet® Premium Anti-BlueLight Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 6S and iPhone 6 with 9H Hardness and 96% Transparency
Offered by Hippidion.Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen protector, easy to fit, very secure once fitted, 14 Jan. 2016
Excellent Screen Protector, easy to fit, very secure once fitted, looks good, feels good and works. I was a little concerned that the glass wouldn't feel like the original Apple screen does, (lovely and silky!) but it works awesomely well in every day use, I have it in daily use for around 2.5 months and it's just as clean and fixed as it was on the first day. Due to the way the iPhone 6 curves this screen protector doesn't go all the way to the edges but if in a bumper you don't notice it in daily use. (see pic below, two out of case, one in it.) The anti smudge coating/technology is excellent too, compared to what you pay for protectors half as good as this, this is a bargain.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Asus WL-330NUL USB All-In-One Wireless-N Pocket Router
Asus WL-330NUL USB All-In-One Wireless-N Pocket Router

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, very small and easy to travel with, 24 Dec. 2015
I bought this as seem to have had a run of hotels with 1 wifi connection being free but having to pay for any other to connect so this seemed a very versatile solution allowing multiple connections and having LAN port too for even older hotels with just LAN cables. it's very small and well made, takes only a little bit of setting up but was done in a few minutes (on a mac). The only annoying thing was that I closed the browser down, then opened it back up to change the network name, it said I was logged in but wouldn't let me have access so I then opened another browser and tried to login but said I had to log out of the other browser, which it wouldn't let me login via, so I was stuck in a logged in but not, loop, it seems to reset after about 10 minutes though so all good after that.

I've even used it in the house to boost the signal to the garage when using a cycle trainer that could get signal from the house broadband, it's not as fast as house broadband but still more than adequate for working online, even streaming a movie etc.

Choroka K1 Messenger. Black and green with red piping. Fits up to 17 inc.
Choroka K1 Messenger. Black and green with red piping. Fits up to 17 inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid bag still going strong 7 years after I bought it, very hardwearing and durable, 4 Dec. 2015
7 Years and still going strong! - I bought this bag to cart around a 17 inch macbook pro and used it extensively for travel, it's been with me from the UK to USA (coast to coast roadtrip) to China, Thailand, Hongkong as well as a dozen european countries, I've only recently replaced it with a backpack style design which was more down to having migrated from the macbook pro to a 13" air and deciding to pack more minimally. It's a hardwearing bag that puts up with plenty of abuse without looking tired, the pockets provide plenty of storage and the laptop protection is good without being too bulky

TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
Offered by Hippidion.Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Effective and Reliable Webcam, 22 Nov. 2015
We bought several of these for using in the office with one of our guys who works remotely. They have worked every time on a range of PC's of differing ages running different versions of windows so they seem pretty reliable and robust. I haven't had a single complaint about the quality or them in general use so am more than happy with them. The only reason The only negative is that they feel a bit cheap, although none of them have broken despite being fixed and moved in some cases, but then again I guess at £10 they are cheap so despite the feel they are 5 stars for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2015 3:31 PM GMT

Andrew James High Quality Grade 202 Stainless Steel Jug 600ml
Andrew James High Quality Grade 202 Stainless Steel Jug 600ml
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality item that holds more than enough milk, 22 Nov. 2015
A surprisingly capacious jug that holds more than it looks like it will. I started using it for frothing milk but soon found I was putting more in than I needed for just one cappuccino and as it's so big the frother on my machine didn't reach down to the single serving of milk level so I now mainly use it for filling up the water tank on my machine. It's a very well made just, looks good, has a quality feel to it and is easy to keep clean. it's perfect for machines with long frothing spouts on if just doing one drink or if you are doing two or more drinks.

I was very happy with the quality and the only negative for me was that the amount of milk I need for one drink combined with a short frothing spout on my machine rules out continuing to use it for frothing milk unless I'm doing two or more drinks.

Kitchen Craft KCMILKTH Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Thermometer - Silver
Kitchen Craft KCMILKTH Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Thermometer - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made product, has a quality feel to it., 22 Nov. 2015
Excellent thermometer for ensuring you get consistent temperature to your cappuccinos etc. It's a well made item and quite robust, mine felll from around 6 feet off a shelf onto a hardwood floor landing on it's dial, it didn't have a mark on it thankfully. The only negative point I noted was that the metal clip started to mark the jug I was using to heat milk in but it was a porcelain jug so may not mark other materials. You don't actually have to clip it on anyway as it will sit happily in a large mug or jug without the need to use the clip, which incidentally can be slid off the spike anyway for cleaning etc. I left it on but just put all the clip over the side of the jug so that it keeps the dial where I can see it and the numbers oriented correctly.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Cookies and Cream Protein Powder 2.27kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tasting and nutritionally superior protein power, 22 Nov. 2015
Awesome protein powder, definitely not the cheapest but after trying many types of protein powder I feel this is amongst the very best in terms of protein per gram of powder, taste and ease of mixing. I've had both Cookies and Cream and French Vanilla Crème and have to say both are amazing. I have usually used USN GF-1 but on the recommendation of a personal trainer I highly respect I tired this and loved it.

With the GF-1 I did sometimes feel the vanilla was a little chemical tasting. Optimum Nutrition vanilla is nothing like that, it's a clean almost too good tasting (fearing I'll crave sugary things later) sweetness of flavour but is nutritionally awesome.

The only thing that it didn't seem to do better than my normal go to of USN GF-1 for me was cooking with it, Protein pancakes or protein porridge wasn't anywhere nearly as nice as USN but in shakes Optimum more than made up for it so if you don't intend cooking with it then I'd recommend this over any other protein.

Topeak Presta Valve Extender 4.3cm - Black , 43mm
Topeak Presta Valve Extender 4.3cm - Black , 43mm
Offered by Leisure Lakes Bikes

3.0 out of 5 stars Great whilst they last, 22 Nov. 2015
Excellent product until they fail, I have bought several of these and they make having Zip 303/404's bearable however when they go wrong it's game over and a completely new one needs fitting. I would say I average around 10 months out of one before it fails which is doable I guess but it's annoying so you always need a spare

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10