Profile for HC > Reviews

iPhone 4S / iPhone 4 Yellow Brick Style Silicone Skin Case / Cover / Shell
iPhone 4S / iPhone 4 Yellow Brick Style Silicone Skin Case / Cover / Shell
Offered by E T. from HONGKONG

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego wins!, 28 Aug 2013
LOVE my iphone case although I recently lost the blue bit :( Everyone comments on it which is quite funny. Great price and delivery - definitely tell people where to buy.

Destiny Shoes DS-07 Womens PURPLE Round Toes Patent Mid Heels Mary Jane Court Shoes UK 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Great colour and look, 28 Aug 2013
Love these shoes, have a red pair too. Always add a gel foot to heels and you'll be fine! Good choice of colours available too.

Horze Pesaro Dressage Girth size 50 - Black - Saddlery
Horze Pesaro Dressage Girth size 50 - Black - Saddlery
Offered by Equestrian Performance

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality girth, 28 Aug 2013
A good quality girth for a good price. Special design and textile prevents pinching and rubbing on my chubby pony. Have told others about product and seller. Maybe should have bought 60cm but fits fine.

Jack Russell Terriers: Complete Owner's Guide (Complete Pet Owner's Manual)
Jack Russell Terriers: Complete Owner's Guide (Complete Pet Owner's Manual)
by D. Caroline Coile

4.0 out of 5 stars Add this to your bookshelf., 3 July 2010
I love this book, and read it several times before my little pup came home with me. It is useful, informative and well written, with good imagery.
The only thing I would disagree with is on the first page where it states that if you want a lap dog that will follow you everywhere and sit with you by the fire (words to that effect), then don't get a Jack russell - my dog does all those things!! However, as any terror (terrier) owner will know, these dogs are unique and individual in every way!

A great book for anyone who wants an insight into this breed. Nothing can make up for reality, but I use this book for advise on behaviour and so on....

A Humument: A Treated Victorian Novel
A Humument: A Treated Victorian Novel
by Tom Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this artist!, 3 July 2010
Tom Phillips is one of my favourite artists, and his work is really quite beautiful. His altered text is an inspiration to anyone.
I saw this book almost ten years ago, so I'm not sure if this is a different version or re-printed, as I know he made many volumes. His poetry is brilliant because it has been formed from somebody else's words, which to me makes it even more sophisticated. Don't worry though, this is abstract, sad and understandable poetry!!

This book inspires me in my own work, and in my teaching. I think more students should explore this book. Its handy little size means it can fit anywhere, and be read anytime! As far as I can remember, this book arrived very quickly, but even if it didn't, it would be worth the wait.

The Parson & Jack Russell Terriers
The Parson & Jack Russell Terriers
by Sheila Webster Boneham PhD & Wayne Hunthausen DVM

4.0 out of 5 stars Give this book a place on your bookshelf., 3 July 2010
This book was recommended to me by a breeder, so I instantly ordered it and received it very quickly. Along with another PRT book, I read this several times before my little pup came home with me, and I have referred to several times since. Obviously no book can make up for reality, but this made me feel safe having it as a reference. The hard cover means it is durable, and travels well, useful as I read it on the bus! Good imagery, and the author writes well, not confusing you or using terms only doggy professionals might use. I would like more on how to hand strip my dog, but perhaps this is not there as it's best to seek professional guidance in person before you start giving your pooch a makeover! Affordable and informative buy!

Books Unbound: 20 Innovative Bookmaking Projects
Books Unbound: 20 Innovative Bookmaking Projects
by Michael Jacobs

2.0 out of 5 stars The same thing, just over, and over, and over again!, 3 July 2010
Really sorry, but this book is over-rated and I will eventually get round to selling it. As a book artist, I was looking for something different that I could use in my teaching. However, I realise I should trust my own skills. I have several book binding books, but was looking for something inspirational and informative. However, it appears to be the same techniques for binding, just repeated. There are some good skills, but I was hoping for much more variety of bindings. Although other techniques are used, it seems that stitching is the main process. The designs seem to involve folding concertina 'extra' pages, or adding pages to the back of others.

I base 99% of my amazon purchases on customer reviews, and this had plenty of great reviews, so maybe it's just me, but I would not recommend this book to others. It actually makes me quite angry to open the book and look at page after page of the same old thing. The designs seem to involve many different folds and layering of pages, but they're predominately all stitched. I think the instructions seem clear (have never actually followed any), but I am confused by all the patterned papers used, and vast amounts of hanging stitch 'tails' or wire / bead features. This is probably my fault, and the artist is obviously very skilled at what they do, but this book is a big no no for me. Sorry!

In all honesty, if you're discovering book art, or already well into it, this book will not be suitable. A basic binding book will teach techniques that you can take in your own creative direction, and develop using your own style. Or if you already have techniques under your belt, just do what this book has done; use as many different papers as possible and re-hash it over, and over, and over again...

The Essential Joseph Cornell
The Essential Joseph Cornell
by Ingrid Schaffner

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic artist, 3 July 2010
This is a brilliant LITTLE book. I was going to give it 4 stars due to it being very small, however, pocket-sized is handy, and the illustrations are varied and in colour. The information is interesting and I believe it to be well researched. This artist is amazing, and actually, having a little book about him is fab if you want to carry it around (it is bigger than your pocket really!) Anyone can find pictures and facts on the internet, but this little book means you can refer to Cornell's work easily. It is a good quality source book.

Sources of Inspiration: For Ceramics and the Applied Arts
Sources of Inspiration: For Ceramics and the Applied Arts
by Carolyn Genders

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent visuals, 3 July 2010
I have loved this book for a long time, and finally bought my own copy this year. I think the visuals are brilliant, and show how you can take something real and break it down into sketches, pattern and final artwork ideas. It is a really good book to use when teaching, as pupils can see how imagery can be reinterpreted or turned into pattern. The visuals also show a good variety of media. This isn't just for ceramics as I use textiles and print.
I would recommend this book to teachers without a doubt, as I think the ideas are great for sketchbook studies and design / mood board experiments.