Profile for Mr. S. C. Hillier > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. C. Hillier

Mr. S. C. Hillier "SChillier" (Glasgow, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Lakeland Sip & Pour Thermal Insulated Coffee Flask 350ml
Lakeland Sip & Pour Thermal Insulated Coffee Flask 350ml
Offered by Lakeland

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sized flask for hot drinks on the go, 18 Jan. 2015
Good sized flask for hot drinks on the go. Only downside is the orientation of the lip. Because of the clasp and lid I need to contort my face like Ed Milliband eating a bacon roll. Rotate the lip 90 degrees and problem solved! It's a minor niggle really - maybe I have a big nose?

The lid and bottle are easy to clean, keeps my coffee hot for a couple of hours, and the right size for my backpack pouch.

Kids Blue Adventure Time Jake And Finn T Shirt
Kids Blue Adventure Time Jake And Finn T Shirt
Offered by TruffleShuffleTShirts

4.0 out of 5 stars Mathematical!, 31 Aug. 2014
Quick dispatch. Fits as expected. Not high quality fabric, but good for pyjamas :)

Jasmine Silk 100% Pure Silk Filled Eye Mask / Sleeping Mask Sleep Mask - BLACK
Jasmine Silk 100% Pure Silk Filled Eye Mask / Sleeping Mask Sleep Mask - BLACK
Offered by Jasmine Silk

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after first night!, 31 Aug. 2014
Broke after first night! The band is connected to the mask by a cheap plastic loop. It snapped on first nights use. Have mended with a safety pin...

Visconti Leather Lockable Briefcase - Apollo - 16038 - Oil Brown
Visconti Leather Lockable Briefcase - Apollo - 16038 - Oil Brown
Offered by The Real Handbag Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag but poor quality fittings, 15 May 2014
Have had the bag for around 18 months but only used occasionally (6 months use?) as it wasn't the best for transporting my laptop - it has enough space, but laptop kept bouncing around inside along with everything else (okay it's a briefcase not a laptop case).

One of the shoulder strap fittings just gave way by shearing at the little stub connecting the strap to the bag. Unfortunately I don't see an easy way of repairing the connection and the handgrip puts too much strain on the clasp at the front. It's a real shame as it was starting to get supple and does look rather nice... back to my synthetic laptop case I guess...

X-Acto No.1 Precision Knife for Crafts, Models, Hobbies, Home and Garden and other activities - X3201
Offered by Airbrush Supply Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Precision knife, 14 Feb. 2014
Looking for a craft knife? Then get this! The blade is held secure but can be easily and safely swapped out.

Kitchen Craft 24cm Crepe / Pancake Pan
Kitchen Craft 24cm Crepe / Pancake Pan
Offered by Harts Of Stur

1.0 out of 5 stars Decorative item?, 14 Feb. 2014
Very poor quality. The handle snapped and the recipe on the base wore away. Maybe it's meant as a decorative item? Avoid!

James Martin Santoku Set 3-Piece
James Martin Santoku Set 3-Piece
Offered by U Stores

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice set of knives, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: James Martin Santoku Set 3-Piece
Solid, sturdy, and feel good in the hand. I probably use the larger two knives more than the smaller one, but it's a great set of knives.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent picnic set for four, 15 July 2011
This is a decent picnic set for four. Functional and robust at a reasonable price. Much better than flimsy disposable plates and cutlery.

Braun CruZer3 3-in-1 Foil Rechargeable Shaver with Beard Trimmer Attachment (2878)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many gadgets and gizmos, 18 Oct. 2008
I was looking for an electric shaver that would give me the stubble look and after some searching found the CruZer3. If you visit the products' website you can watch a featurette of the various styles you can try. In the hands of the stylists the CruZer3 can achieve some wonderful effects, unfortunately in my hands the magic didn't quite happen.

As a basic shaver the CruZer3 isn't bad, unfortunately there are too many gadgets and gizmos needed for the styling bit for me. I can't help feeling that it tries to offer too many things: if you want a shaver buy a shaver, if you want a trimmer buy a trimmer.

Having said all that, I do still use the CruZer3 as a shaver; I have just lowered my expectations of what else it can do.

Mum's Family Calendar
Mum's Family Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and simple, 18 Oct. 2008
We have been getting this calendar for a couple of years now and are totally hooked. The format lets us keep track of all of our work commitments and other activities and our daughter loves the stickers, going to town for everyones birthday. Nice simple calendar that kids love.

Page: 1 | 2