Profile for PLSavage > Reviews

Content by PLSavage

PLSavage (Cambs)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kärcher Vario-Power Spray Lance - Pressure Washer Accessory For K2 Series Machines
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

5.0 out of 5 stars my Karcher p/w is over 20 years old and it fits - good to see they haven't changed the basic specs, 30 Dec. 2014
If you're replacing an older type fixed-pressure lance, you'll just keep this one on the maximum setting, but I realised that before buying and that's all I wanted. Furthermore, my Karcher p/w is over 20 years old and it fits - good to see they haven't changed the basic specs. All in all, this lance does the job perfectly for a reasonable price and no complaints from me!

Ghost Ship: NUMA Files #12 (The NUMA Files)
Ghost Ship: NUMA Files #12 (The NUMA Files)
by Clive Cussler

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this one, 20 Nov. 2014
Although CC's books can be a touch patchy nowadays (I think ANY author's earlier stuff is usually the best), I enjoyed this one. How much was actually written by CC I don't know, but Ghost Ship does the usual thing - pursuing a super-crook over various parts of the globe - pretty well, I think. It's not going to test anyone intellectually, but who cares?!

Greed :
Greed :
by Chris Ryan

2.0 out of 5 stars If you're a fan of Chris Ryan you'll probably like it. This was my first (and last), 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Greed : (Paperback)
If you're a fan of Chris Ryan you'll probably like it. This was my first (and last). The plot involves a group of ex-SAS stealing from AQ, then being pursued by an AQ hitman. It takes quite a long time to get around to the actual heist, by which time (by a process of elimination) it's very obvious who's grassing the team up to AQ. Without plot-spoiling, it's also fairly obvious which of the team saves the day. Although it seems to be trendy nowadays (on TV, film, street etc), I see no object in the constant foul language. The book moves along OK, but then so does Clive Cussler's stuff - without the swearing. Not a keeper for me, I'm afraid.

Prem-I-Air Stylish High Quality Tower Fan with Timer and Remote Control
Prem-I-Air Stylish High Quality Tower Fan with Timer and Remote Control
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a bit too noisy for me., 12 Aug. 2014
Firstly, let me say that I've had to regretfully (especially since it cost £13!) return this fan for a refund. The seller dispatched it quickly, though, and it was received in good condition - no complaints there.

Minimal self-assembly is required - just the base - and it all fires up fine. Pity about the lack of batteries for the remote, but most of us have a few lying around, so no problem.

The oscillation, timer, fan speed are all controlled by either the remote or on the top of the machine, and for a 18'x11' room I found the low speed adequate. It all worked perfectly, without the 'click' reported by another reviewer.

However, because I have a (hearing) problem with ambient noise, I found this fan just too noisy and distracting when trying to watch TV; speed-for-speed it was noisier than the 12" normal-type pedestal fan I usually use, and I was trying to improve on that. Certainly the room appearance was vastly improved, though - it's quite a smart unit! Perhaps all tower units are noisier...?

I would stress that the problem is almost certainly mine as opposed to the fan's, and I'm therefore grateful to the seller for allowing a return/refund.

Easyport Alternative Long Window Mount + Adhesive Dash Disc for TomTom ONE V4/V5/XL/XXL/XL2 (including IQ Routes) models
Offered by uksalesdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 9 July 2014
Robust, effective, cheap and rapidly delivered! Works as intended and just as good as genuine TomTom stuff - no complaints at all.

Philips SA3MXX04PA/02 Pink 4GB Portable MP3 Player
Philips SA3MXX04PA/02 Pink 4GB Portable MP3 Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Good (within limits), 9 July 2014
Works well with alternative headphones (I can't get on with the in-the-ear types). Battery life probably not as long as claimed but, going by the 'blobs', should do at least 8 hours before recharge.

Only real snag I can find is that songs loaded on in 'non-MP3' format don't play in order, whether you number them or not. I was partially intending to use this player for backing tracks recorded in WAV format. Loading them on is no problem, but they can't be made to play in the order I have them on my Tascam DR05 (which I use live), so I'm having to stick with CD's as back up.

This probably wouldn't bother most people, but if you have ordinary songs in WMA or WAV (and I have tons!) which you want to load, don't expect to be able to play them in any particular order (although they actually play perfectly). But MP3's are no problem, and I suppose that's what this player's intended for...!

Q-TV3 Compact Stereo SoundBar
Q-TV3 Compact Stereo SoundBar

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as they say!, 28 Jun. 2014
Firstly, thanks to the other buyers who advised me on the various features of this rather under-advertised box! Everything they say is right - plug the mains in, plug the supplied cable from the TV headphone socket to the Q-TV3, set the EQ how you want, and forget it! I'm sure a proper surround sound setup will be better, but for a good basic sound for an average TV viewer I see nothing wrong with it at all, especially for this price. And although it's hardly small, it's a much more convenient size than conventional sound-bars which wouldn't fit my TV stand.

Possible snags include the fact that - if you don't connect it as above and instead use one of the optional methods - you can't control the Q-TV3 from the TV remote. The optical connection may be a better sound, but I'm perfectly happy with the headphone socket method.

The other point is that - with my Samsung TV - once you stick a plug into the headphone socket you can't access the TV's 5-band EQ, so you can't alter the EQ from the TV remote. I intend to try the TV A/V 'out' (RCA) jacks into the Q-TV3's (RCA) inputs, just out of interest, and disable the Samsung's internal speaker independently. If the TV's EQ facility is then available I'll probably keep it that way.

But these are minor quibbles. When you look at the size and price of comparable sound-bars, this has to be a winner!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2014 9:23 AM BST

High Speed (Category 2) 1.2 Meter Gold Plated HDMI to HDMI cable with 3D, Ethernet and Audio Return Channel
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all round!, 16 Jun. 2014
I haven't had an HDMI cable before, but bearing in mind you can pay megabucks for one which I understand makes absolutely NO difference to picture quality, this looks great value. Appears well-made (better than the even cheaper ones!) and does the job just fine. Seller provides good comms and rapid delivery - no complaints at all!

G7th Performance 2 Steel String Guitar Capo for 6-String Electric/Acoustic Guitar

5.0 out of 5 stars All good!, 24 May 2014
Having used the same increasingly inefficient capo for 30 years, I decided to buy a new one, and what a good choice this was! Lightweight, VERY easy to use, as non-intrusive as possible, and bars the strings without buzzing (on my Strats and Martin). Can't fault it at the moment, except I would've hoped for a non-Far Eastern manufacturer at the price. Now to see whether it'll last 30 years - if so, it'll probably outlast me!

Cherry Blossom Renovating Cream - Olive Green
Cherry Blossom Renovating Cream - Olive Green
Offered by ecobbler

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably works as makers intended..., 9 April 2014
For shoes, I expect this is fine, but - as others have said - don't bother trying to use it for handbags. It comes off on clothes and no amount of polishing/buffing will stop it.

My wife specifically wanted it to 'even up' patchy sunlight fading on a couple of her handbags (she bought red and green colours). She tried the red and it did the job, but left the bag unusable. And it's not easy to get off again! She's not going to try the green because we can't see it'll be any different. Still, you live and learn!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3