Profile for S. Ellis > Reviews

Content by S. Ellis

S. Ellis

Page: 1 | 2
The Beast Must Die (DVD) (1974) (Amicus Classics)
The Beast Must Die (DVD) (1974) (Amicus Classics)
Dvd ~ Calvin Lockhart

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the guests will turn into an Alsatian!!!, 19 Jan 2012
After the first 10 minutes I was bored. The opening scene went on for absolute ages and that set the tone for the majority of the movie. Scenes that went on for an age with absolutley nothing going on. One of the worst,longest ever and pointless car chases that I have ever seen!! And the star of the film sounding like he had been dubbed over by Burt Kwok (Kato).
But thats not all, the biggest shock of all was the Werewolf not the fact of who it was but what it was, a dog that was in dire need of some grooming!!!
This is by far the worst film I have seen with Peter Cushing in.I was so looking forward to watching it and ended up bored and dissapointed by it.

Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360)
Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Turbotrance

5.0 out of 5 stars Fenix Nights, 20 Sep 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Let's get 1 thing straight bad reviews because its more of the same??? Isn't that the case with most sequels !!! Call of duty differs in gameplay every year does it?? ( I like call of duty by the way )
Gears 3 is excellent its what you would expect from a gears game.I cannot understand some of the bad reviews on here what where people expecting?
Yes its cheesey yes its constant shooting hordes of bad guys but that's how the series has been.
If you enjoyed the last 2 games you will enjoy this if you didn't then there's no need to pick this up.ignore the microsoft haters because this is an excellent game. ( I'm lucky to have xbox and ps3 and I enjoy video games and do no take sides when it comes to reviewing console exclusive games)

Skyline [DVD]
Skyline [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eric Balfour

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont look up ... towards the tv when this is on!!!, 3 May 2011
This review is from: Skyline [DVD] (DVD)
The FX are good for a low budget film but unfortunatley that is the only thing that is good about this film. This film has an ending which makes you want to put your foot through your tv ! why that is? well it finishes on a diabolically crap cliffhanger which is more like they got 3/4 through making it and did`nt have anymore money left apart from spare change to slap on the end credits.
The acting is terrible the characters are unlikeable and apart from the FX there has been no thought gone into this film .Its like a really crap unfinished tv movie with good FX. I would`nt even class this a b-movie as that would be disrespectfull to films which fall into that category!
I ignored the bad reviews as I like my scifi movies old,new and naff ones but this one takes the biscuit!
I did go into watching this film not expecting much but I could`nt believe how poor it was with that ending that makes you think I went through all that pain for that!!!
Its really bad and not even bad its laughable its just bad.

Plastic Surgery 4
Plastic Surgery 4
Offered by Fulfillment Express

2.0 out of 5 stars not for me :-(, 8 Mar 2010
This review is from: Plastic Surgery 4 (Audio CD)
I usually like the stuff from hospital but apart from the tune by cyantific I found the rest of the track hadn't dated well and did not sound the high quality you would expect.

Killing Me Softly
Killing Me Softly
Offered by thebookcommunity

5.0 out of 5 stars No matter what kind of D&B your into BUY this!, 8 Mar 2010
This review is from: Killing Me Softly (Audio CD)
This is one superb album ! All the tracks are excellent and this album is unmixed with not a single radio edit in sight! I cannot stress how good this album is I'm annoyed I've not picked this up sooner.For me this album has the kind of tunes that would keep all d&b enthusiasts happy regardless of their favoured genre.

Babylon
Babylon

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled by unmixed disc 2, 25 Feb 2010
This review is from: Babylon (Audio CD)
I purchased this album mainly for the second disc as it is unmixed.There was me thinking fairplay they have 1 cd that is a mix cd and a second disc with ten tracks off the first disc unmixed.So that's ten tracks on 1 disc, so how massively dissapointed I was to find that only 1 of those tracks is around 6 minutes long! The rest WELL... There's a couple that are just over or around 4 mins long at a push while the rest just scrape over 3 mins!!! All the tracks sound like they start from either halfway thru or from the first break in the tune I cannot believe the cheek and the waste of time releasing this second disc in this way its only 10 tracks why no full versions?? Lazy? Money grabbin? Either way Its put me off purchasing any comp albums from renegade hardware in future which is a shame because the artists they have on their label are top notch.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2010 7:01 PM GMT

Diary of a Digital Soundboy
Diary of a Digital Soundboy
Offered by rbmbooks

3.0 out of 5 stars soundboy soundoff ???, 29 Jan 2010
I would give this album 2.5 stars if I could and that's not because of the quality of tunes either. Track 4 everyday is a wicked ragga drum and bass tune and is my favourite on the album by far.the production of the tunes on this album is very high quality and the tunes and the album is unmixed.Now here is the problem all the tunes are not really dj friendly if you like and seem to come across as slightly extended radio edits which fade out towards the end which such a shame.If your not bothered by this and you like high tempo vocal d&b then I would recommend but everyone else maybe try and pick up the tracks as mp3 single releases they might be longer.

10 Years of Technique Lp
10 Years of Technique Lp

5.0 out of 5 stars Stamina!, 24 Jan 2010
A wicked album of jump up, pure roof tearin drum and bass madness.All tracks unmixed and definatley a worthy companion to any d'n'b collection.some of the tunes do sound similar to the pendulum sound but don't worry its the sound before they went down the electric guitar route.

Form & Function Volume 2
Form & Function Volume 2
Offered by iAlpha Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars phantastek, 24 Jan 2010
Wicked album stand out tracks are 'full spectrum dominance' 'Ni ten ichi ryu' and 'baltimore'they are superb 'deadly technology' is a wicked hoover d'n'b tune all the other tunes on here are also top notch apart from track the 1st which is absolute rocknbass cack! And the remix of thunder is poor compared to the excellent original.Apart from those tunes a must buy album .Deadly drum and bass.

The Ultimate Drum And Bass Album
The Ultimate Drum And Bass Album
Offered by thebookcommunity

5.0 out of 5 stars bargain box, 9 Jan 2010
Just like the ultimate drum and bass anthems album this box set contains 3 cds of unmixed drum and bass.there is a mixture of old and new-ish tunes never gonna be the ultimate when it comes to the tracklisting even though there are good tunes on the album but the price is an absolute bargain.

Page: 1 | 2