ARRAY(0xa69b7060)

Etta James Rocks the House
Etta James Rocks the House
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a listen ..., 17 Feb 2014
I hadn't listened to a great deal of Etta James before buying a couple of cd's recently. This album comes highly recommended and it's not hard to see why. Great atmosphere and punchy singing. Sound could do with a polish though. And I'd prefer to have Etta's voice coming through the middle of the stereo sound.

The Early Years at RKO
The Early Years at RKO

5.0 out of 5 stars For those that can dance and those that just dream ..., 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Early Years at RKO (Audio CD)
I first watched those marvellous Fred and Ginger movies in my teens and eventually owned a double cassette tape that brought together all of the songs (and a few more). Twenty five + years later it's great to finally reintroduce most of those songs back into my music collection. Classic.

Batavia's Graveyard
Batavia's Graveyard

5.0 out of 5 stars Note to self - new idea for reality television series ..., 8 Feb 2014
A very detailed and absorbing account of the events that took place before, during and after the Dutch East Indiaman 'Batavia' set sail for Java. Totally gripping from start to finish. Just glad I wasn't there. Would highly recommend.

The Forever War
The Forever War

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Forever War (Kindle Edition)
A lot of technical detail and descriptive passages that were difficult to visualise. The main characters were also rather hard to connect with. They seemed very distant and lacking emotional complexity. I think the vast periods of time involved made it difficult to care about what happened.

Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais
Cafe De Paris- 50 Grands Succes Francais

4.0 out of 5 stars Deux cafés s'il vous plaît ..., 8 Feb 2014
Je ne regrette rien - although sadly that song isn't included in this anthology. Have greatly enjoyed listening to the many voices that are new to me. Language is no barrier when the music is so full of Gallic charm, passion and wit. Lovely stuff.

Unisex Magic Stretch Gloves Various Colours One Size Fits All (Black)
Unisex Magic Stretch Gloves Various Colours One Size Fits All (Black)
Offered by Raintopia

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit like a ..., 14 Jan 2014
A really good pair of gloves for general wear (not thermal). They're designed to stretch to the size of your hand, which in my case they do perfectly. And they're cheap to buy - so bought some more. Would recommend.

The Nina Simone Anthology
The Nina Simone Anthology

4.0 out of 5 stars Somehow made for Sunday mornings ..., 3 Jan 2014
I really enjoy listening to this compilation on a Sunday morning - usually when I'm ironing! It turns a tedious task into 20 minutes (I can't bear to iron for any longer than that) of musical pleasure. I think I prefer to hear Nina Simone singing her own songs, but I suspect that the more I listen to the covers the more they'll grow on me.

Blow-Up
Blow-Up

4.0 out of 5 stars Switch off the film and listen ..., 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Blow-Up (Audio CD)
A lot more enjoyable to listen to than the film was to watch. It's more Urban American blues and jazz than the sounds of 1960's London to my mind, but that doesn't make it a less enjoyable experience. Let's just call it transatlantic and get with the groove.

Lovely Day
Lovely Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific 'best of' ..., 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lovely Day (Audio CD)
I used to own a Bill Withers greatest hits album on cassette many years ago and it's great to have them all (and a few more) on cd. No complaints about the track listing or the sound. A really good buy.

Definitive Pop: Dr. John
Definitive Pop: Dr. John

5.0 out of 5 stars Infectious ..., 3 Jan 2014
I really didn't know Dr John's music very well at all before buying this compilation cd. But it has a great review on All Music so it seemed like a good place to start. And I haven't heard a track I don't like. The music bites like the coolest mosquito in the swamp.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3