Profile for Gemma > Reviews

Content by Gemma

Gemma

ROMAN BOY COSTUME FANCY DRESS SCHOOL CURRICULUM ROMAN, GREEK OR EGYPTIAN GOD WHITE TUNIC WITH GOLD SASH & GOLD HEADPIECE LARGE
Offered by I LOVE FANCY DRESS
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great oufit, 22 May 2014
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this outfit when it arrived. My son wore it for Greek Day at school and loved it. He added a brown leather belt instead of the white fabric tie it comes with, and wore the attached sash diagonally, belted. It looked great and authentic, what more can you ask?

The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD]
The Inbetweeners - Series 1-3 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Bird
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wickedly funny, 6 April 2011
Fantastic, original comedy series featuring geeky sixth-formers that will have you crying with laughter and bring back memories of awkward youth. It's very well-observed, true to life and brilliantly acted with a great script. It also has an edge to it that I loved. If you haven't discovered it yet, treat yourself to this box set.

One Day
One Day
by David Nicholls
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 16 Jun 2010
This review is from: One Day (Paperback)
Having read Starter for 10, which was just so funny, I expected great things from David Nicholls' next book, and I wasn't disappointed. It has very likeable characters and the alternate chapters from two different lives and viewpoints draw the reader in. It's moving and funny and if you want a great (and memorable) book to take on holiday you can't do better than this.

How To Train Your Dragon
How To Train Your Dragon
by Cressida Cowell
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 15 Jun 2010
Can't recommend this book highly enough! It's the best children's fiction I've read for a long time. My seven year old boys absolutely love it and so do I - unlike a previous reviewer I think it's perfect for reading aloud and night after night we collapse with laughter. The character of Toothless is fantastic and we're always pleased when he makes an appearance in a chapter. This is top quality, well-written, beautifully illustrated, imaginative children's literature and if you haven't discovered it yet, don't waste any further time! Also worth noting is that the plot is not the same as the film and in my opinion although the film was good, the books are much, much better.

How To Be Married
How To Be Married
by Polly Williams
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great holiday read, 15 Jun 2010
This review is from: How To Be Married (Paperback)
Read it on holiday in about two days and loved it. It's quite quirky and unusual,with a very engaging plot and a likeable main character, Sadie. I've read all her other books and this one does not disappoint! More intelligent than your average chick-lit.