Profile for sazzle_2001 > Reviews

"sazzle_2001"

Scissor Sisters
Scissor Sisters

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say..., 7 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Scissor Sisters (Audio CD)
To be honest I dont normally buy albums! And I dont think I have actually bought one for about 3 years!! When I first heard Scissor Sisters first releases; Comfortably Numb, Take Your Mama Out, Laura and Mary I have to say I was seriously impressed, so I actually bought the album, cos i thought they deserve the money that we pay for the album!! This is the best music I have heard in years and I just love em!! The new release of Filthy/Gorgeous is one of my fave songs on the album!
Fair play if you dont like their first releases then im thinking you're not going to like the rest of the album! But if you're like me and you do then I would seriously recomend this album, it will probabaly be the best album you'll have bought in a long time!
And if you're from out of space or something and have never heard their music, but have heard the rave reviews about them, then just try it!! What have you got to lose?

The Day After Tomorrow - Two Disc Edition [DVD] [2004]
The Day After Tomorrow - Two Disc Edition [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Dennis Quaid

3.0 out of 5 stars i really dont know wot to think!!, 12 Nov. 2004
Ok this film starts off well, it's exciting the effects are good and all that! But the thing is that it just doesnt last long enuff, its pretty predictable and has one of them annoying things where someone falls over an edge of a cliff and oh yes with in half a second hes got one of them things out of his pocket and is hanging nicely off the edge! If u watch it ud totally know wot i mean!! I think that u should give it a watch! This film would be brilliant if it was longer and the fact that one minute the whole place is covered in snow and the weather is totally destroying the world and then the nxt minute all sunny and everything is happy happy! I just didnt get that!! Oh and the wolves! man they look fake!! When i watched it first time I really didnt know whether to think it was good or not! It was really weird! But anyway... u just watch it and see wot u think!

Shaun of the Dead [DVD] [2004]
Shaun of the Dead [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Simon Pegg

5.0 out of 5 stars Best British Comedy Ever!!!, 17 Sept. 2004
When i heard they were making a spoof of Dawn of the Dead i thought oh great its gonna be another one of those 'Not another teen movie' or 'Scary Movie' type things... only British which i thought made things even worse! (no offense, but lets get serious) Well anyway I went to see Shaun of the Dead in the cinema and from the first line I think I was laughing my ass of so bad it hurt! This film is one of THE best thriller/comedy/romantic(what more do you need in a film?!??!)film I have ever seen! I really honestly can't say how much I was laughing! It is hilarious! And everyone in the cinema were crying laughin!! Its just a class film! And with all the EXTRA special features it will be even better on dvd!! So please please please(come on im begging here!!) buy this dvd at £11.99 (thank-you amazon!)its nothing for what you get coz without a doubt in my mind it is a class film!!!! And I know you wont be dissapointed with your purchase!!

Wayne's World/Wayne's World 2 [DVD] [1992]
Wayne's World/Wayne's World 2 [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Mike Myers
Offered by alentertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Comedy at its best!, 20 Aug. 2004
This is with-out a doubt one of the funniest films I have ever seen, and there is no doubt in my mind it is a comedy classic.
With classic one liners of 'Shwiiiing!' And the unforgettable Queen scene in the car, that no-one could forget, and Wayne's on going romance with Cassandra! There is no other film like it and there never will be. This is a class film that should be seen by everyone!!!

Kill Bill 1 [DVD] [2003] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Kill Bill 1 [DVD] [2003] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by AbundaTrade

5.0 out of 5 stars class act, 8 July 2004
I only recently watched this film because I thought that it wouldnt be 'my kind of movie'. But NEVER judge a book by its cover or in this case a film by its cover! This film is an action packed blood bath, with great characters, and amazing stunts. Although you don't really get the backround of why this massacre happened in the wedding, or who the blonde haired bad-ass is, this really is one of the best films ive seen! The film also includes a bit of anime filming which is great for fans of this! And with and ending which leaves you gagging for more kill bill action, its great because Kill Bill Vol.2 is on its way! I suggest you buy it rent it woteva as long as u get to see it!

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Two Disc Widescreen Edition) [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe

1.0 out of 5 stars why?, 8 July 2004
Im not really the sort of person who reads books like this, involving 'wizards' and 'potions' and 'magical creatures'. I always thought as Harry Potter to be childish and only meant for 8 year olds. Until my friend persuaded me to read this book... and after i read it, it changed my whole view on these 'fantasy' books forever! Harry Potter is the best book i have ever read in my life, its everything you really need in a book and more, and once you've started, you just dont want to put it down. Although on the outside most of these books look scary because of how thick they are, that doesn't matter because seriously you'll get through it in no time because of how exciting and action packed these books actually are!! So I suggest to everyone out there to atleast attemp to read them. Now when I saw that the films were coming out I was excited and couldn't wait to go to the cinema to see them. I went, and I was seriously dissapointed the acting is dismal and some of the acters chosen for the characters just arent 'right'. Like proffessor snape what is with him?? He is totally wrong! And Harry Potter I don't even want to go there! The only one i thought that was a bit like the actual character in the book was Hermione. This film totally ruined my view on Harry Potter, and I cant believe that some people give this film 5 stars and say its 'excellent' or 'amazing'. If you've read the books then i seriously suggest you avoid seeing the films because they just ruin the whole Harry Potter thing. But if you havent read the books, sure go ahead and watch it, but I know after you've seen the films you will not want to read the books. Which is a shame! The Harry Potter films are dull, awful and just a waste of your time!! DO NOT GO AND SEE THEM!!!!

The Lion King [2 Disc Special Edition] [1994] [DVD]
The Lion King [2 Disc Special Edition] [1994] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Broderick
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars What a CLASSIC!, 2 May 2004
I know this review really won't help but I just wanted to say how glad I was when I heard the news that Lion King was coming to DVD!! Its a disney classic! With everyones favourite songs, and a storyline to make you laugh, cry and feel happy!!!
And the quality on the dvd is so good i noticed things you would never notice on video! I could only give this film 5 stars but if i could have given it more i would have!!!!!
THE LION KING IS A CLASSIC DISNEY OF OUR TIME!!