Profile for Mr. P. J. Sloan > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. J. Sloan

Mr. P. J. Sloan "Phil the Fluter" (Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
The Sweeney [DVD]
The Sweeney [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Winstone
Price: 4.00

2.0 out of 5 stars The Sweeney, but not as we knew it......., 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Sweeney [DVD] (DVD)
The first thing to say is this isn't a remake of the original Sweeney, how could it be, the style of policing back in the seventies has long gone, and so have most of the archaic characters like Regan. No, this film must be taken at face value, same title, different world. Ray Winstone does his usual east end tough guy act as well as he always does, Plan B was just dire, please someone tell him he should stick to....well not quite sure about that either. The plot was thin, almost see-through, so was the love interest for Regan(shocker he was bedding the Internal Affairs missus, who comes after the team with as much enthusiasm as a turkey waking up on Christmas Eve).
Some other reviewers have noted the excellent camera work especially the aerial work over London, totally agree. Overall a damp squib of a film, wont be getting it on DVD anytime soon, there are much better shoot 'em up cop films(you wont believe how many shots are loosed off in Trafalgar Square and how many innocent bystanders are slaughtered, it will make your eyes water...with laughter).
I can not recommend this film to be totally fair, it didn't remind me of Regan and Carter, more Frank Drebin of Police Squad, seriously.
Watch at your peril.

Thin Air
Thin Air
by George E. Simpson

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book Never to Forget, 28 Feb 2012
This review is from: Thin Air (Paperback)
I read this back in the early eighties, in fact I read it three times and enjoyed it more every time. I am one amongst many who did not understand why this was never made into a movie, maybe the "Philadelphia Experiment" beat it to it. No point doing it now though, would be difficult to match some of the sci-fi movies out now. Good read though, take it on holiday with you, you'll not put it down.

Minder - Series 2 [DVD]
Minder - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dennis Waterman
Offered by GX-ENTERTAINMENT UK
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just gets better, 25 Jun 2010
This review is from: Minder - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Have now bought the complete series of Minder(only those with Dennis Waterman though), excellent entertainment, highly recommended.

Toshiba 20VL63 20" LCD TV - Silver
Toshiba 20VL63 20" LCD TV - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems, 25 Jun 2010
Bought this for my mum a couple of years ago, she's had no problem with it whatsoever, cant complain.

Movon MK-10 Visor Mount Car Kit
Movon MK-10 Visor Mount Car Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars Out dated now, 25 Jun 2010
Bought this for the wife as she does a lot of travelling and her handsfree broke, this seemed the ideal replacement, but it wasn't. Sound quality was very poor, connection hit and miss, difficultly when changing phones. buy with caution.

ROADMASTER TYRE TREAD DESIGN BLACK CAR SEAT COVERS - REAR COVERS WITH ZIPS TO ALLOW FOLDING REAR SEATS
Offered by MP 1st Class Supplies
Price: 27.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 25 Jun 2010
We bought these for my wifes new car and for a couple of days looked really good, but when we put the dog on the back seat, we couldn't shift the hairs, no matter what. The front seat covers are fine, but they look out of place now, so we've ditched them all. Dont buy if you want them to stop dog hairs on the car seats, just not worth it, get a decent vac instead!!!

Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home)
Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 25 Jun 2010
I'm not a Paul Young fan but when I recently lost my dog I wanted to do a compilation of images we had of him on dvd, and we used this track as the backing, fits in perfectly, everyone cried.

Kitchen Craft Let's Make Christmas Tree Three Dimensional Cookie Cutter, Silicone
Price: 3.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 25 Jun 2010
Bought this for my wife so she could use it for work, she's only used it once, found it didn't cut the mustard!! Dont buy, its rubbish.

Tefal Toast N' Egg TT550015 Toaster - 2 Slice - Black
Tefal Toast N' Egg TT550015 Toaster - 2 Slice - Black
Price: 34.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Blimey, got this one right!!, 22 Feb 2010
I buy a lot of "gadgets", some from Amazon, some from elsewhere. This has proved to be very popular with the missus. She has actually thrown the old toaster away the same weekend she used this for the first time, I was gobsmacked. She has even recommended it to her sister and her niece, so "tick vg". We've only had poached eggs on toast, but they were very good, and quick too, no waiting round for the pan of water to boil, just use the measuring device provided, the toaster does the rest.

Sony BDPS360B Profile 2.0 Blu-ray Player with BD Live
Sony BDPS360B Profile 2.0 Blu-ray Player with BD Live

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu-ray blows the blues away, 29 Jan 2010
I took my time deciding which player to buy, wanted to get it right first time. Hey presto, this is the one. Makes every disc an enjoyable experience, even if your choice of disc isn't exactly what the wife likes(she likes The Bank Job, I like The Hurt Locker!). Easy to set up, attach the amplifier and speakers and away you go. Remote is a bit naff, but does what it needs to(no eject button).

Its a done deal, buy it and prove me wrong.

Page: 1 | 2