Profile for Michael V. Louis > Reviews

Henri Cartier-Bresson: Europeans
by Jean Clair
Price: 19.96

5.0 out of 5 stars HCB, 7 Jun 2014
Inspirational book and images from a master of his craft.
It is amazing to see the images he caught using just his trusted Leica.
I learnt that the eye and mind come first in this craft.
Great book

Beyond Portraiture: Creative People Photography
Beyond Portraiture: Creative People Photography
by Bryan Peterson
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 7 Jun 2014
I love Bryan Peterson's books, this one is no exception.
I did not expect a discussion on the psychology of human behaviour as applied to portrait photography and yet it all made perfect sense. This book along with Bryan's other books has completely made learning photography an enjoyable process for me. Along with his very colourful and inspirational images, his writing style is easy to digest, understand and encouraging to implement with camera in hand.
Highly recommended.

Card Magic for Amateurs and Professionals (Dover Magic Books)
Card Magic for Amateurs and Professionals (Dover Magic Books)
by William Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Book on card Magic, 14 Jan 2014
I met the authour of this book when I was 18 years old, and he fooled me badly with many of the effects from his book.
The opening chapter is required reading for anyone interested in becoming a better magician let alone a card expert - the advice Mr Simon shares is as valid today as when it was first written.
The book is full of wonderful routines with engaging plots, and enough technical information for the serious student to get to work.
I would not recommend this book for the beginner, this is an intermediate to advanced book on cardmanship.
I love this book, and it comes with my highest recommendation.

Clarity: Clear Mind, Better Performance, Bigger Results
Clarity: Clear Mind, Better Performance, Bigger Results
Price: 6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 23 May 2013
A big thanks to Jamie Smart for writing this wonderful book.

I have recommended it to all my friends.

The title of the book reflects the style of the writing, the value of the message and the promise it intends to fulfil for the reader.

This book is your handbook for returning to your natural state of mind.

Michael Vincent

The Inside-Out Revolution: The Only Thing You Need to Know to Change Your Life Forever
Price: 1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 May 2013
In the field of personal development, Michael Neill has become one of my favourite authors. Having read all of his previous books, purchasing this book was a no-brainer and I wasn't disappointed.

The Inside-Out Revolution represents a return to basics, are natural default God inspired, nature driven response to life.

Easy to read, easy to digests and so easy to understand, why? because it's who we are at the source.

Highly recommended.

The Secrets of Conjuring and Magic or How to Become a Wizard
The Secrets of Conjuring and Magic or How to Become a Wizard
Price: 2.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic Book for all Magicians, 25 Dec 2012
This is a book I return to time and time again. It is simply wonderful, the grand master Robert Houdin shares his secrets with elegance and simplicity. The tricks and secrets within have survived for 200 years, many of the mysteries feature in my show to the delight of my audience. If you aspire to technical and artistic mastery in the craft of magic, you MUST read this book. It will provide inspiration, guidance and you will have the father of modern magic as mentor covering your back every step of the way.

LinkedIn Makeover: Professional Secrets to a POWERFUL LinkedIn Profile
LinkedIn Makeover: Professional Secrets to a POWERFUL LinkedIn Profile
Price: 5.73

4.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Book, 25 Dec 2012
LinkedIn is the Social Network for People in business. This book helped me to understand the implications of completing my profile, (which I did after reading the first chapter) and for networking online within my sphere of interest and influence. I recommend this book to anyone who runs an online business and sees online networking as the first step or virtual knock on the door to building trusted relationships with authenticity and congruency.

Getting Real: 10 Truth Skills You Need to Live an Authentic Life: The Ten Truth Skills You Need to Live an Authentic Life
Price: 6.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Confronting and Superb, 25 Dec 2012
Telling the truth is a confronting possibility.
This book opens up a conversation about being authentic and expressing oneself with authenticity, especially being authentic about when we haven't been authentic. This requires the courage to be real. I enjoyed this book because it opened up the possibility for me to transforming my relationship to being vulnerable and real with the people that matter in my life. I believe it can do the same for you. Highly recommended.

The Expert At The Card Table - The Classic Treatise On Card Manipulation
The Expert At The Card Table - The Classic Treatise On Card Manipulation
Price: 7.71

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Important Book on The Science and Manipulation of Playing Cards., 25 Dec 2012
This book has stood the test of time, it inspired the legendary Dai Vernon, who championed its contents throughout his life. Darwin Ortiz took eight years to write "The Annotated Erdnase," this alone should put the significance of the book into context for all would card magicians. As for myself, The Expert at The Card Table has brought me back to a point of simplicity, elegance, grace, exacting technique and the psychology of deception and advantage play. This is a book to be studied over a lifetime, absorbed and wrestled with. In doing so, each man will develop a personal relationship with the subject matter. Each man can then bring his interpretation to the subject of sleight of hand mastery. I highly recommend this book to all students of card magic.

Confidence Explosion: Destroy Your Fears & Explode Your Confidence Through the Roof!
by Peta Heskell
Price: 18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent addition to the library of self-help books., 20 Nov 2012
I have read many books on personal development over the years and this book is an excellent read. I find it fascinating how different people approach their own development and find what works for them. Life is about creation - creating oneself from the inside out. This book does an excellent job in supporting the reader to look inward and answer their own questions. I am a firm believer that there is no one out there in the world that can tell you how you should live your life or 'BE' in the world. Books like this can offer up valuable suggestions which can be of support on your journey. Ultimately, every man and woman must find there own way and do what works for them.

Page: 1 | 2