Profile for Victoria Love > Reviews

Content by Victoria Love

Victoria Love

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Dec. 2014
gave as a gift to a friend and she absolutely loves it!

De'Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier
De'Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier

5.0 out of 5 stars it's a sturdy, well made product that I trust to leave ..., 29 Dec. 2014
bought this as I have an old flat and a serious damp problem - this has definitely helped things. Rooms no longer get that 'damp' smell if the windows have been closed all day - and there is no more mould growing on the walls.

it's a sturdy, well made product that I trust to leave on during the day while everyone is out at work - plus it's easy to move around. It's a little noisy - so you wouldn't want it on in your bedroom when you want to sleep.

Overall - really happy with it and would recommend - there are probably cheaper options available but I think it's worth paying the extra money for something that really works and you can trust to leave on 24 hours a day.

Of Love and Other Demons (Marquez 2014)
Of Love and Other Demons (Marquez 2014)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 2 May 2014
this was the first book I read using my new kindle and i managed to finish it within 48 hours!

having read the better known Marquez books (Love in the time of Cholera, 100 years of solitude etc) I presumed I'd read the best of his work, but 'Of love and other demons' was a beautiful book; original, imaginative and wonderfully descriptive. As always his characters were elaborate and the story full of spirits, demons and fantasy (but not in a silly Harry Potter way).

I dont think Marquez's style is for everyone - people who prefer more 'down-to-earth' books would probably find his eccentric story-telling and fantastical quirks a little annoying and far-fetched. but i am definitely a fan.