Profile for whereiskfr > Reviews

ACID
ACID
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Best UKYA novel I've read, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: ACID (Kindle Edition)
In fact, one of the best YA novels I've read in some time, period. The opening is polished and delivers just the right amount of information so that you can put everything in context, but packs in high drama and excitement - literally grabbing you by the shoulders and propelling you into a great near-future SF story. It's refreshing to read something so well written. I almost wish I could erase my memory and enjoy it all over again, for the first time. No doubt I'll re-read it in the future and find even more to love about the style, story and brilliant writing.

Timelines
Timelines
by Iris Feindt

5.0 out of 5 stars Variety with style, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Timelines (Paperback)
I have my favourites among the stories in this collection, but what I liked the most was the variety in style and content. Each story is set in a different time, features an illustration and showcases the talent of a new or established writer, so this is a great way to discover new authors to read. Something to appeal to everyone - if you're short on time and like funny stories, start with 'Diary of a T. Rex'. If you like things a little spooky, try 'The Passenger' or 'Key'. Plenty value for money in this fiction assortment.

Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)
Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)
Price: 2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vision of a dystopian future, 20 Jan 2014
I thought the concept for the world Tris lives in is quite original and Roth delivers an excellent blend of action, dialogue and description in a way that will appeal to avid readers and reluctant readers. I did find it a little slow to start, with the emphasis on (necessarily) explaining enough of Tris's world so the story will make sense, but the excitement of the rest of the book more than makes up for any slight slow start.

Upload Your Photo - Gift for You - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Upload Your Photo - Gift for You - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Price: 30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great personalised gift, 6 Jan 2014
An excellent option when giving a voucher, of any amount, as you can make it really special with your own photo.

Vader's Little Princess (Star Wars (Chronicle))
Vader's Little Princess (Star Wars (Chronicle))
by Jeffrey Brown
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 6 Jan 2014
Bought for my husband on behalf of our little girl. He loved it! A great gift for Dads of any age.

Early Learning Centre - Gingerbread Baking Set
Early Learning Centre - Gingerbread Baking Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift, 6 Jan 2014
Bought for a friend's 2 1/2 year old daughter and she loved it. She does a lot of kitchen play with her parents so this was an ideal gift.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Figure Set
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Figure Set

4.0 out of 5 stars As described, 6 Jan 2014
Bought as a Christmas gift for a friend's daughter who wanted dwarfs for her Snow White doll to interact with, very happy with the item and it was well liked.

Summer Infant Folding Bath Tub
Summer Infant Folding Bath Tub
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe, padded and easy to use, 29 Dec 2013
We bought this for our daughter and use it in our main bath (we did try it in her room, but emptying the bath was a pain). Once inflated, you can choose whether to have the bath flat at the bottom or to have one (or both) sides securely fastened on an angle to provide more support. We have one side fastened up when bathing our three month old and it does make holding her in the water safely with one hand so much easier than with conventional baby baths. I am able to hold one hand cupped under her neck and shoulders and have her relining in the bath (her bottom touching the base) and her head resting on the inflated cushion - this makes it easy for me to scoop and pour water over her head and body and she loves it. We could deflate and fold the bath away, but we found its fine to leave it upside down over our tub and it doesn't get in the way. I can't recommend this bath highly enough, particularly to any parent who might end up needing to bathe their child by themselves.

Nora Roberts The Donovan Legacy 4 Books Collection Pack Set RRP: 27.96 (Enchanted, Entranced , Captivated, Charmed)
by Nora Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Roberts, 16 Dec 2013
I love this quartet and go back to re-read the books often. Vintage Nora Roberts in style, with appealing central characters and a good take on the supernatural. Hard to pick a favourite.

344 Questions: The Creative Person's Do-It-Yourself Guide to Insight, Survival, and Artistic Fulfillment (Voices That Matter)
by Stefan G. Bucher
Edition: Flexibound
Price: 11.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 16 Dec 2013
I bought this for my husband who has had a lot of enjoyment out of it. It's easy to read and you can dip in and out of it at random.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3