Profile for Zelda > Reviews

WM Bartleet & Sons Souffle Dish 18cm
WM Bartleet & Sons Souffle Dish 18cm
Offered by Good Thymes

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for your souffles, 8 Aug. 2014
Wonderful dishes that I use not just for soufflés but as serving dishes. Love them.

Aidapt Foam Bed Wedge
Aidapt Foam Bed Wedge
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping well, 8 Aug. 2014
i suffer from acid reflux and found sleeping - difficult. When I got this pillow, my sleep pattern improved immensely. Would highly recommend

Vidal: The Autobiography
Vidal: The Autobiography
by Vidal Sassoon

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts to Make you Feel Fantistic, 8 Aug. 2014
Loved, loved this book. I thought he wrote from the heart but didn't gloss over the difficult parts of his life. In the seventies when I first lived in NYC, went to one of his saloons as I didn't know where else to go. They cut my hair with panache and I remained faithful while I lived there.

Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 2)
Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars The Tudor Saga in Fiction, 8 Aug. 2014
I read all the reviews on this book and they were all glowing. I also knew it was fiction based around fact. I love history and particularly the Tudors so thought I would give this book a try. I didn't enjoy it, kept thinking which is fiction and which is fact.

Absolute Beginner: The Autobiography
Absolute Beginner: The Autobiography
by Patsy Kensit

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend, 18 Jun. 2014
Enjoyed the book very much. Her stories were very interesting and she came across as someone I would love to go and have a drink and a laugh with. Her work ethic is very strong and I admire how she handled herself in adverse situations. An excellent read.

Love Life
Love Life
by Rob Lowe

2.0 out of 5 stars A huge disappointment, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Love Life (Hardcover)
I was looking forward to reading this book as I thought his previous book was excellent. I found his stories in this book self serving and all in all a boring read.

The Lemon Grove
The Lemon Grove

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't live up to the Reviews, 8 April 2014
This review is from: The Lemon Grove (Kindle Edition)
The reason I bought this book wa due to the various reviews in the papers. They reviewed it well but did state that is was a short book at two hundred pages. I enjoyed the story but thought is ended abruptly and didn't explain what happened to the main characters.

A Story Lately Told: Coming of Age in London, Ireland and New York
A Story Lately Told: Coming of Age in London, Ireland and New York
by Anjelica Huston

5.0 out of 5 stars She lead a very interesting life, 18 Feb. 2014
I enjoyed reading this book very much. She is a great writer and her descriptions of places is excellent as is her memory. I found myself saying I will just read one more chapter but that proved impossible so I just kept reading. When she wrote about her mother’s death is was heartbreaking in it’s honesty. I am looking forward to the continuation of her story.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The resulting Meals are Totally Worth the Time Invested In the Preparation, 13 Feb. 2014
A beautiful book, the quality of the paper and the photographs were outstanding. I really liked how Heston described how to make the stocks, sous vide, etc. The recipes seemed to take days to prepare so I started by cooking the crab lasagna. It took me almost three hours to prepare. I have never spent so much time preparing a dish before. The result was outstanding and worth the preparation time. My best lasagna ever. Look forward to cooking all the recipes. Perhaps for the next time I will choose an easier dish and alternate between easy and less easy dishes as I try to cook them all,

The Light Years (The Cazalet Chronicle Book 1)
The Light Years (The Cazalet Chronicle Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Alright -Maybe My Expectations weren't Realised, 12 Feb. 2014
I had read so much about Elizabeth Jane Howard that I had to satisfy my curiosity by reading one of her books. I knew she was beautiful and had been married for some years to Kingsley Amis, that she was a wonderful cook and an encouraging step mother to Martin Amis. The writing was fluid and the descriptions of food incredible. When I read the book I did get the sense of Britain in the pre-second war era. My criticism is, when she wrote about the conversations that took place between the children of the families in the story, I thought I was reading Enid Blyton’s Famous Five again. I will read the second book in the series to ascertain if I still get this eerie feeling that I am ten again and reading my favourite author Enid Blyton.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7