Profile for James kay > Reviews

Content by James kay

James kay "jameskay_98" (UK London)

Lego Storage Brick 8 Green
Lego Storage Brick 8 Green
Offered by CuteBitz Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge design floor but great looking, 14 April 2014
They are not as deep as they appear. They also have three thin circular holes in the base. This is a huge design floor as all the small pieces of lego gets buried and stuck deep within. I have uploaded some photos to show how irritating this is. I do not understand why someone has got away with designing a storage box for varying size of bits with these deep troughs within the base, it does not make any sense. I was going to purchase a few more, but thinking twice until this fault is corrected.
That said they do look great and my son loves it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2014 1:12 PM BST

Saucony ProGrid Stabil CS Running Shoes
Saucony ProGrid Stabil CS Running Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars A great trainer, 19 Jan 2012
Im running the London marathon 2012 this year and never really bought a decent running shoe before, but these are great.
I have been out for 2x 5 mile runs in them so far and they are very comfortable.
The firm heal and supported arch has straighten my legs up stopping my feet roll.
It is causing me slight pain on my knees but probably due to the correction these trainers are sorting out.
So far so good, fit comfortably with no rubbing or blisters as of yet.
Im usually a size 7 and the 7.5 fits comfortably I wouldnt have gone any smaller.

I would highly recommend, they look great, feel great and fit perfectly.
Fingers crossed they stand the test of time for the Marathon.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar [Board Book]
The Very Hungry Caterpillar [Board Book]
by Eric Carle
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars A great short story, 8 July 2011
Stunning book with bright colours and a story to remember form your childhood. I read it to my baby son several times a week.
He likes to make the munching noise of the caterpillar along the way.
I would highly recommend this book as its a bargain price or for a great gift.

Extending Metal Safety Gate
Extending Metal Safety Gate
Offered by BabySecurity

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 11 April 2011
very strong and robust - great value for the money.

Its not really suited for victorian house stair sizes but I managed to fit it.

Be careful of the wall fixing dims, says 6mm when the raw plus are really 5-5.5

Also is quite fiddly opening it up and takes to hands to lift and open.

KitSound BoomDock Docking Station Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4S, iPod Nano 6th Gen and iPod Touch 4th Gen - Black
Offered by TotallyGadgets

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and sound - Issues with remote, 4 Mar 2011
I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a dock for around £100. I based my purchase on the glowing amazon reviews. The sound quality is great and it looks amazing. If base is a problem it can be lowered.

I am having a few issues with the remote as it takes several attempts pushing hard on each button to work correctly, but could be down to a fault.

Breaking Ground: Adventures in Life and Architecture
Breaking Ground: Adventures in Life and Architecture
by Daniel Libeskind

5.0 out of 5 stars Top book for anyone! Must read!, 24 Feb 2007
Dont listen to anyone who says a bad word about this book! I am a final year archietcture student writing my thesis on symbolism and the memorial. This is a must read book for anyone thats planning to visit the Jewish museum, Berlin, or the the WTC. Its a great insite into Libeksinds mind of the way he depicts his symbolism. However I wouldnt take everything to heart! But this is what modern architecture needs, some great narratives to important monumental buildings. If you have any slight interest in architecture and symbolism you have to buy this! Dont be afraid its and easy read story book, took me 2 days to read!

Learning from Las Vegas: The Forgotten Symbolism of Architectural Form
Learning from Las Vegas: The Forgotten Symbolism of Architectural Form
by Robert Venturi

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 24 Feb 2007
Currently writing my final year architecture thesis on symbolism, and this book has come in great use!

Its orientation around vegas is easily related to other symbolism!

Its a must read if your on the plane to vegas! It doesnt revolve completely around architecture I would recommend anyone who plans to visit! Also great illustrations and lots of pictures!

Epson Stylus R1800 A3+ Colour Inkjet Photo Printer
Epson Stylus R1800 A3+ Colour Inkjet Photo Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Oct 2005
Quality printer. So easy to set up! Just plug it in, wack the ink cartridges in and away you go..... The print quality is amazing. I am yet to use the paper roll option. I am an architecture student and this printer has answered my prayers.
The only sad thring is that it doesnt come with a usb printer cable. You would expect it to for the money!

Experience: Challenging Visual Indifference through New Sensory Experience
Experience: Challenging Visual Indifference through New Sensory Experience
by Sean Perkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing!!!, 23 Nov 2001
This book is amazing! Iam studying architecture at the moment and if iam stuck for ideas i just flick through the book and it instantly inspires me!