Profile for Dorothy > Reviews

Content by Dorothy

Dorothy

Page: 1 | 2
Quiz Party (Nintendo Wii)
Quiz Party (Nintendo Wii)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars New Year entertainment, 15 Jan. 2014
Wii Quiz Party had a good range of questions to suit from adult to 4 years old. Best done in teams, kept us all entertained while we waited for the bells. Well done Nintendo!

TOTAL RECALL: PERFECT RESPONSE TRAINING FOR PUPPIES AND ADULT DOGS
TOTAL RECALL: PERFECT RESPONSE TRAINING FOR PUPPIES AND ADULT DOGS

4.0 out of 5 stars Recall training and good insight into how your dog thinks., 4 Nov. 2013
Although I don't think anyone could follow this to the letter it's a great instruction manual as well as providing really in- depth understanding of how your dog works, whatever breed. I can't see me feeding chunks of still warm chicken to my hounds - I'd never be able to cook a chicken again without them drowning me in saliva! Nor is it possible for most people to free run in such a controlled environment, the local park is often all there is, and going at 5 am to avoid the distraction of other dogs until you're through that stage of training is not possible for many.

However even if you do only manage to follow half the advice you will be well on the way to a happy relationship with your dog, confident in getting it back. A good read from someone who knows how it feels. I only wish I'd bought paperback instead of kindle version so I can lend it to my neighbour.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2014 11:43 PM GMT

Sea-Band Wrist Band Drug Free Nausea Relief
Sea-Band Wrist Band Drug Free Nausea Relief

5.0 out of 5 stars carsick bands, 21 Sept. 2013
What can I say? They work! Grandson always had to travel in front of car and faced with a campervan trip, noiser, more vibration, was a very reluctant traveller. But he had a great holiday thankss to these bands.

Kong Squiggles, Large
Kong Squiggles, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Toys for two, 21 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Kong Squiggles, Large (Misc.)
Looking for a toy that would suit a new Lab pup and her big sisters, this toy fits the bill very well. Love the streeeetch :-)

Rentokil Fly Killer Pen
Rentokil Fly Killer Pen
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Kills fies not pets, 21 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Rentokil Fly Killer Pen
Ideal for pet and child-friendly homes as you can draw squiggles of fly kiiler at the top of the window where they can't reach, and hoover up the corpses each morning.

Tuffy's Ultimate Tug-O-War Leopard Dog Toy, Pink
Tuffy's Ultimate Tug-O-War Leopard Dog Toy, Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Tuffy Tug O'War, 21 Sept. 2013
It's HUGE but just right for our two Labs to fight over, so far has lasted well, squeakers in appropriate places. Would highly recommend it in spite of the price. Fed up buying cheaper toys that last 2 minutes.

Disney Princess Cinderella Fairytale Doll
Disney Princess Cinderella Fairytale Doll
Offered by E-Giochiamo

5.0 out of 5 stars fairytale come true, 14 Mar. 2013
Especially because it was on special offer! This pair completed the fairy tale for our 3 year old grand daughter - how can you complete the story with no Prince Charming? Good quality dolls, removeable clothes (very tasteful) fast service and excellent price, made her dreams come true.

The Smartest Giant in Town
The Smartest Giant in Town
by Julia Donaldson
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 7 Feb. 2013
Best bought with the CD of songs (when I first bought it for grandchildren years ago it came as a pack, shame they are separate now). A winner for young children, with enchanting illustrations, captivating story line and a really nice approach to phonics. Not only did the latest grandchild love it, I really enjoyed revisiting - and we now sing it in the car even without the CD!

THE GLASS GUARDIAN
THE GLASS GUARDIAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 7 Feb. 2013
Not her usual genre, but I thoroughly enjoyed the twists in the story and she had me looking behind me, it was so believeable. Won't be a spoiler but although you knew it couldn't end otherwise it left you wishing... This was a thoroughly spell-binding read, with Linda's gift of drawing you into the depths of her surroundings, so well-described and so well-written. I couldn't read another book for a few days, my mind was so drawn back into the setting and the story. Will definitely read again soon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2013 8:15 PM GMT

The Half-Life Of Hannah (Hannah series Book 1)
The Half-Life Of Hannah (Hannah series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, 7 Feb. 2013
Not sure if I would jjump at more of Nick's titles. It was well thought-through and well- written but maybe just not for me.

Page: 1 | 2