Profile for stuart > Reviews

Content by stuart

stuart (london)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars poor, 10 May 2008
I won't ever buy Henri lloyd again I bought a pair of tp ocean boots, after two years the soles are dangerously slippery. Henri Lloyd won't reply to emails. I reckon I have worn the boots for 40 days

TomTom Rider v2 Satellite Navigation System - Great Britain
TomTom Rider v2 Satellite Navigation System - Great Britain

3.0 out of 5 stars TTR V2, 23 April 2008
I was disapointed with the TomTom Rider V2. Yes it navigates well and the scala rider earpiece works well, i like being able to receive mobile calls.

I have used a TomTom one V3 in a car. The tomtom one is half the price and much quicker at picking up satellites and calculating routes.I was very impressed with the "Safety" camera alerts on the One. This was the main reason I bought the rider.

I was dismayed to discover that I can't change the proximity (for safety cameras) alerts on the rider. Neither can I change or select the audible warnings. I prefer different sounds for traffic light cameras and speed cameras.
The unit itself seems excessively bulky, this isn't a problem on the bike but when you park and put the unit in a jacket pocket it can be.
The on/off switch is a nightmare, there is no positive click and it can take some time to operate.
The rider feels like old technology compared to the one, it is sometimes a bit slow with its directions in central London.

I know the scala rider and Ram kit inflate the cost and the alternatives for a bike are more expensive but it seems pricey compared to the car versions.
Value for money? does what it says, would be great if tomtom could sort out proximity alerts
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2008 3:36 PM BST