Profile for rosie123 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
In The Darkness, That's Where I'll Know You: The Complete Black Room Story
In The Darkness, That's Where I'll Know You: The Complete Black Room Story

5.0 out of 5 stars my advice: get hooked on Luke's books., 22 April 2015
I love it when writers invent their own physics (check out Adam Roberts) Luke manages to invent new physics rules for each new world he invents. This world sometimes feels like being in one of those scary Victorian rooms of mirrors, looking into infinity but someone has stolen the exit! He says in his (usual) very long ramble after the end of the story that he has toned down the horror. Thank god for that! Another brilliant journey into and beyond.

A Taste of Tomorrow - The Dystopian Boxed Set (11 Book Collection)
A Taste of Tomorrow - The Dystopian Boxed Set (11 Book Collection)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 20 Mar. 2015
Tedious

The In-Betweener (Between Life and Death Book 1)
The In-Betweener (Between Life and Death Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars a gripping read, 20 Mar. 2015
This is a zombie story witha big, important difference because the rationale behind it is entirely plausible (even if not scientifically convincing) it is extremely well-written, with convincing, gory detail and conveying a very real desire to find out what will happen next. I will start book 2 the very second I've finished this review. NOW!

Silo 49: Flying Season for the Mis-Recorded
Silo 49: Flying Season for the Mis-Recorded

4.0 out of 5 stars more silo stories, please, 27 Feb. 2015
I love all these follow on stories set in Hugh Howey's Wool world. I wonder if he realised that, there being 50 silos, there was the opportunity for talented writers like Ann Christy to continue the saga. Massively enjoyable. I can't wait for the next.

54" wide 2oz Fire Retardant Wadding - per metre
54" wide 2oz Fire Retardant Wadding - per metre
Offered by Black Barn Upholstery Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars good but wider range of products needed, 21 Feb. 2015
This wadding is fine and just what I wanted. It's the right thickness and weight for the lightweight bedspread I was making. HOWEVER, I have since discovered that it is possible to get different LOFTS in the same weight. The 'loft' is the thickness or 'height'. The thinner lofts are better for such tasks as very light padding for quilted art work, etc. I think you could improve your sales by adding these different lofts. (which I will certainly be wanting to buy more of soon)
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller
The Stone Man - A Science Fiction Thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars original scifi, 18 Feb. 2015
An engrossing and most intriguing read. No sub-plot to talk of, but original and sufficiently mysterious to keep you guessing. I was definitely left with the feeling of wanting to know what happens next , but then again, maybe this is the perfect end point. I highly recommend you to find out for yourself.

Silo 49: Going Dark
Silo 49: Going Dark

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent read., 24 Jan. 2015
This is brilliant. Ann Christy has written in a very similar style to the Hugh Howey originals. The storyline and characters fit in perfectly and the technical detail meshes smoothly with the Silo scenario. There is a palpable atmosphere of danger in the hidden IT room and intriguing loose ends attached to the threat from Silo 1 and the mystery of Silo 40. An added bonus is that the story is a lot longer than I expected. I can't wait to start the next one in the series.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
So far so good. Haven't tried everything yet but I will update as I go along.

600 Hours of Edward
600 Hours of Edward

5.0 out of 5 stars you MUST read or listen to this!, 19 Dec. 2014
I can't praise this book enough. I listened to it in just two (long) sessions because i was enjoying it so much. This is a wonderful portrayal of a young man with 'developmental difficulties and Asperger's syndrome) It is moving, very funny and supremely engaging. The narration is brilliant and definitely adds to the enjoyment. I have just realised that there is a prequel to this so that's my next two days earmarked! I can't think of any criticism, except maybe there should be a very clear warning that a)this is book 2 and b) you need to keep your schedule clear!

More Than This
More Than This

5.0 out of 5 stars thank you Patrick Ness!, 18 July 2014
This review is from: More Than This (Kindle Edition)
this is a very moving, intriguing novel and one that left me with much food for thought. I always look forward to these post apocalypse stories and this one is especially inventive - almost incredibly so but also just about plausible. (the way in which Patrick Ness worked out the finer details is impressive) The characters are very engaging and I found myself sharing their fear in some of the bizarre events. I read this in two sittings and fully expect there to be a sequel, in which case I will read it again in order to get the whole story in one go. I can't wait!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5