Profile for Jane Wolfe Ta Press > Reviews

Content by Jane Wolfe Ta ...

Jane Wolfe Ta Press "Jane the Bookseller" (Chester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Sloggi Basic Maxi (4 pack) - Black (UK 26)
Sloggi Basic Maxi (4 pack) - Black (UK 26)
Offered by sandras-online

5.0 out of 5 stars The quality standard in ladies lingerie, 17 Mar 2014
Not the most glamorous or the finest fabric, but exactly what's required in everyday wearability. Excellent quality, does not fade, looks acceptable.

Hard Candy Christmas
Hard Candy Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars a star love song from the queen of countrry, in this case the soundtrack of best little whorehouse, 10 Mar 2014
a star love song from the queen of countrry, in this case the soundtrack of best little whorehouse- pure doly gold.

The Days of Anna Madrigal
The Days of Anna Madrigal
by Armistead Maupin

5.0 out of 5 stars Maupin's delicate touch end's an epic journey, 10 Mar 2014
For the many readers whose life experience has shadowed Maupin's characters the ending cannot help but raise a tear. Perfectly appropriapte that the saga of Anna drives the book from desert to desert. thanks Mrs.M.

REVLON COLORSTAY MAKEUP NORMAL/DRY - 180 SAND BEIGE
REVLON COLORSTAY MAKEUP NORMAL/DRY - 180 SAND BEIGE
Offered by Miss Sunshine Boutique

5.0 out of 5 stars In fashion, out of fashion - they're still make excellent cosmetics., 24 Jan 2014
My skin has always thrived with Revlon and Pears. Expect to be using it 'til I die. Best polish on the market too!

Asterix and the Picts
Asterix and the Picts
by Jean-Yves Ferri

4.0 out of 5 stars Asterix is in safe hands, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Asterix and the Picts (Hardcover)
After the much publicised switch to new writer and illustrator, I felt I had to check that the same daffy, sometimes useful, historical thrust of the books that helped with my Latin in translation was still present.. I'm delighted to report that Asterix, Gettafix, et al. are thriving. Do buy it.

Finder
Finder
by Terri-Lynne Defino

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever new voice, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Finder (Paperback)
Bought entirely on speck, this turned out to be a very engaging read. The plot was well thought out and the characters, even the minor ones, kept me interested. I'll certainly look for books by this author again.

Colman's Four Cheese Sauce Mix 35G
Colman's Four Cheese Sauce Mix 35G
Offered by Leading Brands Worldwide

3.0 out of 5 stars error, 19 Nov 2013
They shipped Coleman's Cheese Sauce mix instead which I loathe. Discovered too late to return. always check what you receive

Dogsbody
Dogsbody
by Diana Wynne Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Diana Wynne Jones at her inventive best, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: Dogsbody (Paperback)
I ordered this book with its flashy cover and the minute it arrived I realized I'd read it before - so I read it again! It's lovely story in which Sirius, the Dog Star, who is a kind of cosmic nutter is exiled to earth in a dog's body forbidden to return until he locates a crucial magical object. His salvation comes by being adopted by a lonely girl whose own life being cared for by uncaring relatives is miserable. Together they learn about love and trust and meet the people human, canine and feline who can help Sirius return to his proper life in the heavens. It's a terrific book for readers from year and beyond and adults like me who will always miss the wonderful Wynne Jones.

The Royal Dragoneers: (The Dragoneers Saga Book One): 1 (Dragoneer Saga)
The Royal Dragoneers: (The Dragoneers Saga Book One): 1 (Dragoneer Saga)
by M. R. Mathias

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute tripe, 10 Aug 2013
Don't waste your money! All I can remember after reading it was being very irritated that I'd bought it at all!

Out of the Easy
Out of the Easy
by Ruta Sepetys

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Out of the Easy (Paperback)
Josie, a young woman in New Orleans, dreams that she can attend a famous Ivy League university: she's intelligent enough, her marks are good enough, even her part time job in a book shop would give her some credit to enable her to overcome her poverty. Unfortunately her mother who is a hooker is implicated in a murder, her fairy God-mother, a famous madam, wants her to stay in the Easy and her dear friends are anything but socially acceptable. Josie must hold tight to her own values and find a way to make her dream come true. Getting out of the Easy is anything but.

This is a fantastic book, I enjoyed every word. I finished reading it and read it again and I'm sorry I passed it on. I've been telling my friends about it - now I'm saying to you don't miss it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5