Profile for Mrs. Eleanor Perera > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Eleanor P...

Mrs. Eleanor Perera

Poems for Young Children
Poems for Young Children
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 8 Dec. 2012
My daughter has just started writing her own poems. This should be perfect to continue her interest and inspire. Perfect gift from grandparents for christmas.

A Woodland Christmas Advent Calendar
A Woodland Christmas Advent Calendar
by Bernadette Watts
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 8 Dec. 2012
So pleased I ordered this despite being a little pricey. Worth it though to avoid chocolate calendars that take away what advent is about. This is a beautiful calendar full of character and sparkle. Can't wait for my daughter to open doors 24 they are so large and special !

Secret Kingdom Special: Christmas Castle
Secret Kingdom Special: Christmas Castle
by Rosie Banks

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves this series, 8 Dec. 2012
My daughter will be over the moon to get this for christmas. She loved the first six books. I can't wait to get the next set in February. After reading these my daughter even produced her own book.

Auntie Keepsake Wooden Gift Plaque
Auntie Keepsake Wooden Gift Plaque
Offered by Craftworks Shabby Chic Wood & Wire Co UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly pink, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Auntie Keepsake Wooden Gift Plaque
Perfect for an arts and craft Auntie. My daughter was very pleased with how pink it was! Great for a present.

Serendip: My Sri Lankan Kitchen
Serendip: My Sri Lankan Kitchen
by Peter Kuruvita

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly beautiful cookbook, 8 Dec. 2012
Being married to a Sri Lankan my attempts of curry have rarely hit the spot! My first attempt using a recipe from this book was a huge hit. It really is a beautiful book to own and we have now bought more copies as gifts.

Nakd Cocoa Mint Gluten Free Bar 35 g (Pack of 18)
Nakd Cocoa Mint Gluten Free Bar 35 g (Pack of 18)
Offered by Blue Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 8 Nov. 2012
This is my favourite of all the flavours. These bars have got me through difficult times being the closest thing to chocolate as I can safely eat. With of course the added bonus of being very healthy. My daughter, who thankfully does not need to be gluten, dairy or sugar free loves these bars too. Perfect size for emergency rations in the handbag!

My Fairy Treehouse
My Fairy Treehouse
by Maggie Bateson

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as my fairy princess palace if not better, 13 Feb. 2012
This review is from: My Fairy Treehouse (Hardcover)
Usually I buy ' my fairy princess palace ' for presents, but unfortunately this time I could not get a copy as out of stock everywhere. So I ordered this one instead. I was not disappointed and my daughter was desperate to play with it herself. Needless to say it will now be on her next birthday list. This version also opens 360 degrees to reveal lots of different rooms, beds hiding places etc. The books in this series offer hours of fun and imagination. You won't be disappointed.

Vegetarian Cooking Without: Recipes free from added gluten, sugar, yeast, dairy products, meat, fish, saturated fat
by Barbara Cousins

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum yum yum!, 4 Jun. 2011
I borrowed this first from the library as I didn't want yet another cookery book sat on my shelf unused. After renewing it twice I could not not buy it! I'm not a great cook but my husband can't believe how tasty my cooking has become and best of all gluten free. This book has brought variety and flavor to our diet and food that we just can't stop eating. It is a brilliant book to add interest and hope to a fairly new gluten and dairy free household. Our favorites are the lasagna which i never thought I'd be able to have again ( made dairy free ) and the moist cashew and almond nut roast.

Spot the Differences: Brain-Teasing Picture Puzzles (Scholastic Spot the Differences)
by Steven Rosen

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fabulous fun book, 4 Jun. 2011
I bought this to take on holiday to entertain my not yet 3 Yr old daughter. She couldn't get enough of it! She loves spot the differences and this is definitely a book with a difference. The photos were so appealing and made the search so more fun. We haven't highlighted any differences in the book so have been able to look at it over and over again. It's had the whole family leaning over it to find the last missing difference. A great buy for a young and old spot the difference fan.

1001 Things to Spot in Fairyland
1001 Things to Spot in Fairyland
by Gill Doherty

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairytastic, 18 April 2011
My daughter already has the 1001 animals to spot and hasn't stopped counting things since having it. I decided to by the fairy one as a present. It is so beautiful. My daughter very reluctantly gave this away and we shall probably have to invest in one for her!!. It is more challenging as the pictures are more detailed which is part of the reason my daughter loved it. The pictures are just stunning . A must for any little girl who loves fairies and the colour pink. Fantastic for counting practice and number recognition. I also think it will be great for learning new vocabulary.