Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Mr. T. J. Evans > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. J. Evans

Mr. T. J. Evans "T J Evans" (Kyoto, Japan)

Colloquial Japanese (Colloquial Series)
Colloquial Japanese (Colloquial Series)
by H. D. B. Clarke
Edition: Audio CD

2.0 out of 5 stars Initial excitement, hopes quickly dashed., 7 Mar. 2010
This book appealed because it didn't seem shy to explain grammar. I soon found that it was a half-baked grammar interspersed with overly ambitious dialogues and very difficult exercises.

There are literally dozens of typos. When I wrote to the publisher about this, I was told that they are commissioning new authors to write a brand new book. I think that says all we need to know.

These things having been said, I enjoyed learning the kanji that are introduced bit by bit.

Colloquial Japanese: The Complete Course for Beginners (PB + CD)
Colloquial Japanese: The Complete Course for Beginners (PB + CD)
by H. D. B. Clarke