Profile for K. Z. Sobol > Reviews

Content by K. Z. Sobol
Top Reviewer Ranking: 516

K. Z. Sobol (Bristol, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips Bluetooth Adapter Music Receiver
Philips Bluetooth Adapter Music Receiver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to be able to modernise good quality, but old-school speakers, 29 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really neat little gadget, which is surprisingly small - I had expected it to be the size of my whole hand, but it is small enough to fit easily onto the palm of your hand - so you can find somewhere next to your hi-fi to set it down without having to find a big space to house it.

In our household, we have both our original hi-fi system, with expensive speakers and the ability to play all of our cd collection, but we also have a collection of bluetooth speakers dotted around for listening to music any of our household want to stream primarily from our mobiles and tablets.

I love the sound produced from our hi-fi speakers, so being able to bring them right up to date with this pebble-like gizmo, brings a smile to my face and is literally music to my ears.

It's good to be able to pair more than one device, so that different family members can take their turn in play their tunes without the hassle of disconnecting and connecting different devices.

The NFC option is fantastic, as I can just touch my phone to the receiver and bingo - ready to go!

Connection is easy with the enclosed cable and this is simple to use for even the least technologically-minded - it's definitely worthwhile if you have decent speakers that a are too good to retire.

Hallmark Birthday Kids Star Wars Rebels Cards - Pack of 6
Hallmark Birthday Kids Star Wars Rebels Cards - Pack of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Great multipack for children's parties, 28 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great value 6-pack of birthday cards for kids, which contains 3 of each of the two different Star Wars Rebels designs.

I like to keep a stash of cards handy for the birthday parties my children are invited to and these cards are a really good addition. Most of the 7-9 year old boys my children are friends with are all Star Wars fans and so these are going to go down a treat, my girls prefer the orange-backed cards, showing the rebels, which wishes the Padwan Learner a Happy Birthday; my neighbour's boy prefers the Inquisitor and Stormtroopers card, which has a black background and is more imposing/dramatic and this wishes the Young Apprentice a Happy Birthday.

Considering the pack cost, each of these official Star Wars Rebels cards is great value and much kinder on the pocket, especially when there seem to be so many party invitations - this leaves more in the kitty for the present, but the card is good quality and looks more expensive than it is.

Hallmark Square Contemporary Star Wars Chewbacca Card - Medium
Hallmark Square Contemporary Star Wars Chewbacca Card - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely glossy card for any Star Wars fan - for any occasion that takes your fancy, 24 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A lovely card with a glossy close-up of a beloved Star Wars character (I got Chewbacca and his bowcaster) which has been left blank on the inside, so you aren't confined to a standard message and this card can be used for any occasion. The card is a good size and comes with a plain white envelope, sealed in the usual clear plastic wrap. Perfect for any Star Wars fan and a very reasonable price.

K-POP® Automatic travel umbrella - black - best auto open & close, for outdoor use - beach garden sports - sun rain + wind resistant / windproof umbrellas - folding compact umbrella not clear bubble or parasol - best for men women and kids
Offered by Kitchen Tools LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars An umbrella made for two!, 22 July 2015
This umbrella is better than my last compact umbrella because although my last umbrella fitted into my bag just as well as this K-POP umbrella, my previous brolly was both flimsy and small. This umbrella pops out with a simple press of a button and as it pops up it feel like it is sturdy both in the main pole and also the main "roof" both in the metal strands and the material.

The best feature of this umbrella is that despite the fact that it is a compact umbrella which fits in my handbag, it is wide enough to shelter me and one other person (usually it would be one of my children), whereas most standard umbrellas don't really manage more than one, unless you go for a golf umbrella - but that would hardly fit in my handbag!

The usual Velcro ended strap secures the body of the umbrella once it is closed and clicked down into its most compact length, all of which can then be pushed into the outer case, which is made from the same material as the umbrella itself.

Kuuk Vegetable Dicer Slicer
Kuuk Vegetable Dicer Slicer
Offered by iHeadphones UK

4.0 out of 5 stars No wastage with this little gadget, 21 July 2015
This review is from: Kuuk Vegetable Dicer Slicer
This is a clever device, which dices and slices with three different interchangeable bladed square inserts, which can be swapped in and out from the inside tray. Underneath the tray is the holding compartment, which means that all of the diced or sliced pieces are caught in one place and unlike conventional chopping, don't end up pinging off the end of the chopping board. It also means that you can chop items like onions in advance and leave them sealed with the lid down until you are ready to use them.

I have tried this with a number of vegetables, but for me the main appeal is for chopping onions as I find them fiddly to cut efficiently, without a fair amount of wastage or unevenly chopped pieces. In addition to this, I am pretty sensitive to the chemicals released from onions, so anything to reduce the time spent chopping them the better! I found that after peeling, the best diced results come if you chop the onion (depending on size) into halves or quarters to better fit into the dicer. Depending on the onion itself, you may need to exert a fair amount of pressure to push it through and it doesn't work as well on older, tougher outer skins - but it works much better on fresher onions or shallots. With the older onions, it still works with a bit more welly - or you could peel off one more layer of onion before dicing.

I really like the cleaning comb tool - which you can comb through the grid on the inside of the lid (which pushes the vegetables down and through the blades) I found that this was useful in ensuring that you didn't get any bits stuck inside before cleaning - but also to prevent any wastage!

Kuuk Salad Spinner - Dry Salad, Vegetables, Pasta
Kuuk Salad Spinner - Dry Salad, Vegetables, Pasta
Offered by iHeadphones UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye soggy lettuce!, 21 July 2015
This is part of the Kuuk kitchen range which all come in this fresh looking green and white, which is really vibrant in my kitchen.

The whole design has been well thought through - it has been designed to be sturdy and long-lasting in more than one way. The rubber feet on the bottom of the outer bowl mean that it doesn't slip and slide around on the worktop, but stays really steady even when you are spinning the salad round quite fast. The lid fastens with a clip on one side, which secures the top and the handle to the main bowl - with the basket holding the salad in the centre, which is balanced on a central pivot. The handle is really easy to turn, but isn't flimsy at all and feels both smooth and robust as you turn it.

The proof of course is in the pudding - or rather in the salad! It really does what it is designed to do and after a few spins around, wet salad leaves are ready to put into salads or sandwiches without drowning everything in a puddle of water from washing. Goodbye soggy lettuce!

Ekouaer Seamless Comfort Stretch Sports Leisure Yoga Bra Top Removable Pads
Ekouaer Seamless Comfort Stretch Sports Leisure Yoga Bra Top Removable Pads
Offered by avidlove

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable sports bra for pilates, but would also be great as a night-time bra during pregnancy, 20 July 2015
I do pilates as part of my exercise regime and although I wouldn't necessarily use this for a high impact sport like running, it still requires a comfortable sports bra, which supports me well as I cannot exercise unsupported - nor can I wear my usual underwired bras, which are restrictive when exercising or feel uncomfortable.

I am at the larger end of the size range for L (with 40D measurement) and I would say that the fit was just as I would have expected, although I think that there is room for me to get smaller without having to change down a size (as I am in the process of loosing weight and I know that my bra size will change and I don't want to have to keep changing bras during the weight-loss process).

The material is soft on my skin, but it is also very supportive and so I can exercise with confidence. As a mother, I also use such bras when pregnant for comfort at night and this would certainly be perfect for such purposes as well as for sport.

MONDAYNOON Double Heart Austrian Rhinestone Pendant Necklace for Women(White)
MONDAYNOON Double Heart Austrian Rhinestone Pendant Necklace for Women(White)
Offered by MONDAYNOON

4.0 out of 5 stars A heart within a heart - could make a nice present for an expectant mother, 20 July 2015
I love this necklace - with the larger heart surrounding the smaller heart on a well-made and stylish chain. The rhinestones aren't too bling - they are sweet and give a subtle sparkle without being over-the-top - partly because they are around the outside - not on the top surface, glinting into the eyes of the person you are talking to.

This necklace is very wearable for day-to-day or you could wear it as a simple necklace with a classic outfit for an evening out - either way, it looks more expensive than it costs.

This would make a lovely gift for an expectant mother - with the symbol of a heart within a heart - it makes me think of my children when I wear it - partly because they think it is really pretty.

Igenix Pikapak HL9208 Edison Screw R63 Reflector Lamp 60 W - Pack of 5, Clear
Igenix Pikapak HL9208 Edison Screw R63 Reflector Lamp 60 W - Pack of 5, Clear

4.0 out of 5 stars No surprises here - 5 good standard Edison screw reflective lightbulbs, 19 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Edison Screw Reflective lightbulbs are securely packaged, as shown in the Amazon picture - individually wrapped in the slightly eighties-looking packs and then all 5 come packed well in a box, with no room for rattling around in the box, so no bulbs were damaged in transit.

Each bulb is as you would expect it to be - a standard Edison screw fitting - which fits my standard lamp perfectly and gives a good strong light - neither too brash not too soft and to be honest, they are probably just what you expect from the description - there weren't any surprises for me.

Eylure Firm Brow Pencil, Mid Brown
Eylure Firm Brow Pencil, Mid Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, but definiing pencil - good for mid to dark brown brows, 18 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have mid to dark brown hair and my eyebrows are the same. I have in the past made the mistake of buying too dark a shade, which against my pale skin looks awful. This mid-brown is a good deep colour, which isn't too orange or too black (again - previous colour mistakes) and it looks really natural in amongst my eyebrow hairs, which are a little sparse.

This really defines well, but it isn't a sharp scratchy pencil, but a lovely soft pencil, which is easy to apply. The brush is good to use to soften the effect if you have over applied to one spot and also to groom your brows into an even direction.

I really like this brow pencil and would order from Eylure again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20