Profile for K. Z. Sobol > Reviews

Content by K. Z. Sobol
Top Reviewer Ranking: 475

K. Z. Sobol (Bristol, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sennheiser CX686G Ear Canal Sports Headset - Galaxy
Sennheiser CX686G Ear Canal Sports Headset - Galaxy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Android in-earphones, designed specifically for sport, 5 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a real Sennheiser fan and already have some of their over-ear headphones, but whilst they are perfect for listening to music in most situations, they would be too hot to wear whilst exercising.

These in-ear headphones are fantastic for a number of reasons:

1. They stay put, thanks to the angled ear bud, the optional sizes - small, medium and large (all of which are fairly standard features on even the lowest level earphones nowadays), but also due to the slide to fit device, it secures the earphone making it stable, so that unlike many other earbuds, they don't fall out when exercising more vigorously.

2. The sound quality is that which you would expect from Sennheiser, clear, crisp treble notes, with a warm bass with lovely clarity of sound

3. It blocks out ambient noises well, so that you aren't distracted by the machine you are using/annoying background music/chatter in the gym - you can stay focussed and listen to the music that helps you to train well.

4. The cord is tangle-resistant, so it doesn't form a chaotic mess in your bag and indeed it comes with a travel pouch, to keep them away from other bits and pieces in your bag - it's a breathable mesh pouch with Velcro to allow you to close and open quickly - nothing fancy, but practical.

5. The earphones have been designed with sport in mind, so they are water/sweat resistant - so you can be dripping with sweat and not have to worry that you are going to destroy your earphones

6. These are made for Android - which for me is perfect as I currently have an Android smartphone, so it works well for me and all of the inline smart remote features work perfectly.

I have a feeling that these will last for many years to come and they make my exercise regime a little less arduous!

Love and Treasure
Love and Treasure
by Ayelet Waldman

5.0 out of 5 stars A rich tapestry of human relationships and loss, woven through various periods of history around the world, 4 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Love and Treasure (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Love and Treasure is an intricately woven tapestry of world event, made up from scenes from the personal stories of various people, spanning a century and moving across the globe. From modern day, we are whisked back to the tail end of the Second World War to see the last vestiges of the Jewish Community in Europe trying to find one another and find their way to somewhere to call home.

We follow this period through the eyes of a Jew (by name, if not by actively practised faith) from the American Armed Forces and his relationship with a Hungarian Jew, Illona. This young American soldier is the same man who has grown old and become an aging Grandfather in the modern day tale with which we began the novel.

It is the peacock necklace which begins the dance of the stories, weaving in and out, in which we long for his granddaughter to find the owner of a necklace, one which he had "found" amongst the treasures from a train - a gold train, which contained treasures which the Jewish population were forced to take to the banks under Nazi occupation in exchange for receipts, which were often lost in the concentration camps or in the endless relocations and even then, the chance of being reunited with their belongings was virtually impossible, after so many things were looted by locals and soldiers or were "appropriated" by generals to furnish residences whilst they were stationed locally.

We are taken back to the early twentieth century, to hear the tale of a Freudian psychoanalyst, Dr Zobel and gives us the conclusion and ties up the final pieces of the puzzle - completing the rich tapestry.

Each element of the story is well-written, emotive and leaves you longing and feeling the love and loss that spans all times and all places when it comes to human relationships and suffering. The book has been meticulously researched, everything, right down to the Hungarian phrases (which as a Hungarian speaker I know are right!) to the details within the war and yet it feels like it has been elegantly drawn, both in the scene and the characters, effortlessly, yet heartfelt. The only thing that jarred for me was the abrupt change in language used between modern day and the war-time. The modern day language felt overly cluttered with words like Kleenex and lacked the ease of the later section, but perhaps the author wanted to be distinct with the timeframes and used the language to try and enforce that.

Overall, this is a delight of a novel and would recommend it to anyone!

Vitamin C Serum For Face 20% - With Hyaluronic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Rosehip Oil, Seabuckthorn Oil, Plant Stem Cells, Vitamin E & More - Great For Anti-Aging & Anti-Wrinkle Facial Regimen - Helps Diminish Appearance of Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Sun Spots, Age Spots, & Skin Discoloration
Offered by InstaNatural UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent results after 6 weeks, 3 Mar. 2015
I have been using this for about 6 weeks now and I feel that this is sufficient time to be able to give an honest review of the product.

The serum comes in a cute little bright blue glass bottle, with the distinctive orange label, making it hard to miss amongst my other bottles and serums! The serum is dispensed via a pipette, so that you can measure how much of the product you use easily and are much less likely to overuse the product - which is great.

It's an orange colour and it smells really citrusy - initially I thought that this might be from the Sea Buckthorn Oil, which I know is quite citrusy and is listed on the front of the bottle as one of the key ingredients, but on the back, I notice Pink Grapefruit Oil is listed too - so a nice blend of citrus scents, which are fitting with a Vitamin C serum. When you look at all of the wonderful ingredients, you realise that this really is a very complex serum, which will have all manner of bases covered in terms of skin health.

I have always had freckles, but I have noticed in recent years that I have developed some sunspots and so I am using this in the hopes that this will combat this issue over time.

I have already noticed the change in the softness of my skin in the areas I have used it on and the nourished plumpness of my skin. I am pre-wrinkles, but I can begin to see where they will develop, so again, I think that this is going to ward them off for a little longer! I love the fact that this can be used under make-up, so I use a little in the morning, before applying my make-up and then again at night after removing my make-up, before a little moisturiser. The results after 6 weeks are impressive and I only expect them to continue.

AquaAudio™ Cubo - Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with Strong Suction Cup for Showers, Bathroom, Pool, Boat, Car, Beach, Outdoor etc. / Optimized Buttons for Easy Control / Amazingly Powerful & Crystal Clear Sound / Compatible with All Devices with Bluetooth Capability + Siri Compatible - 10 hours Playtime Rechargeable Battery / with Built-in Mic for use as a Powerful Hands-free Speakerphone [100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - WE GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE IT!] (Silver)
Offered by Gideon Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, means that I can let the music play, whilst I lay back in the bath!, 3 Mar. 2015
This is a really useful Bluetooth-able waterproof speak set, which you can stick to your walls/cupboards using the suction cup on the back. It allows you to listen to music/audio books in the bath or shower without fear of water or steam getting into whatever bit of gagetry you store your audio files.

For me, this has been really liberating - I have always wanted to listen to music in the bath, but the bathroom gets so steamed up, even if I were to position my smartphone or tablet away from the bath, I was too afraid that the steam would penetrate the device, so I would bathe in silence! Now I can leave my device just outside the bathroom and let the music play.........

I have also used this in the kitchen, placing the speaker right next to the cooker, where it gets quite steamy, but I know I don't need to worry about it, because it really doesn't mind getting moisture in it.

The reason for the lost star? Well it's a great piece of kit, but personally, I would like just a little more bass available. I don't think it is really the fault of the gadget - but I think in time that this will be improved as Bluetooth speakers are getting more and more sophisticated all of the time.

Braun SE80 Hair Removal Pads
Braun SE80 Hair Removal Pads

5.0 out of 5 stars Tailor-made replacement facial cleansing heads for the SE810, SE820, SE830 and SE831 Braun Face Brushes, 3 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have the Braun SE820 Face Epilator and Facial Cleansing Brush and these are the replacement brush heads for this device (and the SE810, SE830 and SE831 models).

If you already have one of these devices, then you will be familiar with the process of using the facial cleansing brush and also know that the heads are supposed to be changed every 3 months - so this pack gives you half a year's worth of use. The SE820 model already comes with a spare head and the original head, so the original machine together with this pack will last you for a whole year.

The brush feels very soft, just like the ones which comes with the original devices, but the effect is really impressive - very soft and gentle, but cleans your skins beautifully

Ultrasport Tennis Tape Grip - Black
Ultrasport Tennis Tape Grip - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Non-tacky overgrip tape - feels secure and improves my grip, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This pack of 3 overgrips from Ultrasport comes with minimal instructions on the back of the packet - but has more on the purchase page in terms of tips on how to apply (to a right-handed player's racquet anyway). Each roll of tape grip is about 112cm/44 inches long and is not tacky at all. There is a shiny protective cover over the grip tape and there is a red tab to pull to remove this before you start to apply it. There is a tapered end, with a small sticky tab on the end to allow you to secure it in place before wrapping around the racquet handle. Each layer as it turns holds down the previous layer, until you reach the end when you have a separate strip of black tape to wrap around to security it in place.

It didn't take long to master the technique and I will be more confident in applying it next time. I can feel that my grip on my racquet is much improved and hopefully it is better for my wrist too. I really like the fact that when I need to remove it, I won't be left with a sticky/gunky mess from the previous tape. The tape feels secure, but only time will tell how long it lasts before needing replacing.

Braun Silk Epil 9 9561 Wet/Dry Cordless Epilator with 6 Attachments and Charge Station

5.0 out of 5 stars Wider head than the Silk Epil 7 for more hair removal with each stroke, 1 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used Braun Silk Epil 7s for years and years and this is a superior model - the Silk Epil 9, which is almost identical to the Silk Epil 7561 in terms of the attachments and the amazing tweezers which pluck out even the shortest hairs. The main difference is the width of the head, allowing you to epilate faster and as you can cover larger areas, you reduce the amount of time that you need to experience the pain as well as saving you time.

I have tried lots of different epilators in the past, but I always come back to Braun Silk-epil, as the epilator that I know works best with the least pain - plucking the finest hairs efficiently and effectively albeit somewhat painfully - I am sorry to break the news, but all epilators come complete with a fair dose of discomfort, even if you are used to using them - the amount of pain/discomfort also varies on which area you are epilating.

I can't fault Braun for their epilator, for me being able to use in water feels more soothing than using it dry, perhaps because the hairs are easier to remove when your skin has warmed up in the water, but also the water feels a bit like a blanket over the pain somehow, just taking the edge off!

As usual, the epilator comes with a number of different heads for different uses and for me the shaver is always useful (as I will happily epilate my legs, but I can't bear to do my underarms!) and this is quick and easy and useful when you need to quickly tidy up your armpits before putting on something more revealing. There is a trimmer cap to trim hair in sensitive areas; a sensitive area cap, for epilating your bikini line or underarms; a facial cap, for removing facial hair and en efficiency cap which is the standard, basic epilation cap for larger, less sensitive areas, like your legs.

Most of the features are the same as previous Silk Epil 7 models, but the high frequency massage system included with this model seems to be quite a improvement. I think that this has a noticeable effect on how it feels to epilate - it does seem to divert the sensation of the pain somewhat, dissipating it a little, making the experience a little easier (although not pain-free!)

The epilator takes an hour to charge and that charge lasts for 40 mins - so several uses for your legs between recharging or if you are particularly brave this should give you enough time to do legs, bikini-line, underarms and face all in one sitting!

Braun Silk Epil 7 7561 Wet/Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments
Braun Silk Epil 7 7561 Wet/Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Attachments

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Silk Epil 7's 2015 model - every time it just gets better, 1 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I already have and use a previous model of the Braun Silk Epil 7 and this version has all of the best qualities of the previous versions, with a few little tweaks.

I have tried lots of different epilators, but I always come back to Braun Silk-epil as the epilator that I know works best with the least pain - plucking the finest hairs efficiently and effectively albeit somewhat painfully - I am sorry to break the news, but all epilators come complete with a fair dose of discomfort, even if you are used to using them - the amount of pain/discomfort also varies on which area you are epilating.

As usual, the epilator comes with a number of different heads for different uses and for me the shaver is always useful (as I will happily epilate my legs, but I can't bear to do my underarms!) and this is quick and easy and useful when you need to quickly tidy up your armpits before putting on something more revealing. There is a trimmer cap to trim hair in sensitive areas; a sensitive area cap, for epilating your bikini line or underarms; a facial cap, for removing facial hair and en efficiency cap which is the standard basic epilation cap for larger, less sensitive areas, like your legs.

Vidal Sassoon Salonist, Dark Neutral Brown Number 4/0
Vidal Sassoon Salonist, Dark Neutral Brown Number 4/0
Offered by Health in The Post

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely glossy brown, but difficult unless you have a trusty assistant to help!, 28 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This hair dye produces a really glossy rich brown, which has a really even, natural look. My hair feels soft and well-cared for after using and it really could have been dyed in the salon rather than at home.

There is a fair amount of faff involved in the process - which is more like the processes involved at a salon, than I am used to at home - but with my trusty assistant (my husband has always helped me to dye my hair at home, so that I get even coverage and don't miss any bits/get it all over my ears and forehead!) we followed the steps and first worked the product into the roots of my hair, then waited and after that had had time to work itself in, we added the serum to the unused hair dye mix and applied this to the ends and waited a bit longer.

Is it worth the extra hassle involved? Probably, but I really wouldn't try to do this on my own, as I know that it wouldn't end as well as it has with my trusty assistant's help! Lovely glossy brown locks - yes I would use this again, but for a quick fix, probably not!

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Razor Starter Kit with Flexball Technology--Pack of 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugs the contours of the face, for closer shave and less irritation, 27 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband has been using Gillette Fusion Manual and Power razors for years now and having tried Wilkinson's Sword and Electric shavers, he returns again and again to his trusted favourite. Knowing how good Gillette Fusion is normally, he tried out the now model with interest and tells me that there are several benefits:
It certainly does hug the contours of the face better, which means that less strokes are needed over each area of skin, which saves time and also is less irritating for sensitive skin.
This definitely is the closest shave he has experienced from any razor and the multi-pack of additional blades is useful in this pack. As usual, the cost of the replacement cartridges is high, but it's a cost we have decided is worth it for a more comfortable, more efficient shave.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20