Profile for K. Z. Sobol > Reviews

Content by K. Z. Sobol
Top Reviewer Ranking: 498

K. Z. Sobol (Bristol, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cellfade Skin Enhancement lightening Cream 50ml
Cellfade Skin Enhancement lightening Cream 50ml
Offered by Beauté Définie LONDON

3.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps works more slowly than I had hoped, 24 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This cream is fresh smelling, it absorbs as promised within 10 minutes and I have been using it twice a day (morning and night) to try and fade some hyperpigmentation/excess freckles which I suffer from particularly on my top lip.

I now wish I had taken a specific "before" photo as I think that I am seeing some fading, but it is hard to be sure - I certainly wouldn't say that the area is significantly lightened, but it looks as though it might be having a gradual effect.

I had been hoping for more significant/faster results, but at the end of the day, if this does work, even at a slower speed - I will be really impressed.
Should it prove effective, I will update my review (and change the rating), but as it is, the results aren't significant enough for me to be able to be whole-heartedly convinced that it is worth the price.

Rexel A4 Clear Ice Popper Wallet with Front Business Card Pocket (Pack of 50)
Rexel A4 Clear Ice Popper Wallet with Front Business Card Pocket (Pack of 50)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, multi-functional, reliable, reusable folders, which make organising home, work and school much easier!, 23 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using A4 Rexel folders for a number of years now and find them to be much more reliable than cheaper versions, which can have a tendency to split at the seams or have dodgy poppers, which don't always "pop".

These are reliable both in terms of the popper and also the seams and they are great to be able to use and reuse again and again.

Being able to order this in a bulk pack of 50 is excellent whether for home, school or office use, there are so many things that these can be used for.

At home, I am using these to archive old paperwork, like bank statements and correspondence, which I don't need to access regularly, so I don't need in my office in a lever-arch file to hand, but I do need to keep for future reference. Each folder can hold up to 150 pages at once (without being too full to close) and the business card slot can be used as an index or label. Being colourless, you can also see at a glance through the folder to the top document - so in some cases you might not need to label the folder - just put a clear front sheet inside.

At work I am using these for project folders - which can be easily colour-coded with different coloured front sheets - which means that I can never run out the colour of folder I require - only the paper to colour co-ordinate folders (which doesn't happen in my office as we always have plenty of coloured paper to hand! For presentations, the business card folder is useful - as the delegates can take the pack of documents with them, with your business card tucked into the front for easy reference.

For school - my children have already nabbed a couple for school projects to keep in their school drawer. They love to keep things organised and this is a great solution for them at school.

All in all - these are great, multi-functional, reliable, reusable folders, which make organising home, work and school much easier!

WD-40 400ml Specialist Motorbike Chain Lube
WD-40 400ml Specialist Motorbike Chain Lube

4.0 out of 5 stars Sprays on well, thickens up on the chain - but leave to dry well before use, 23 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband normally uses Wurth, but being very familiar with WD-40, which he uses for all sorts of other things (but not the bike), he explained that initially he was wary as he said that WD40 wasn't suitable for motorbike chains, but when he realised it was a specially designed product, he was happy to use it to see how it faired.

Having cleaned the chain beforehand, he set to work using the lube and said that there were some good points about it - it had a good spray, but he would rather have a long nozzle to help to reach into the chain more easily when you are also spinning the wheel as you coat (on a stand).

He said that it seemed to lubricate the chain well, giving it a good coating and it seemed to thicken on the chain. After spraying, he left it to dry for a good while before use. It doesn't say on the can how long (just until it is dry), but my husband said that as other people using it had experienced fling - he would leave it for longer to dry before using to be sure - at least 10 minutes, but longer if you can.

He said that he did experience some "fling" and that it was very sticky (where it had thickened), but that it seemed to penetrate the chain well and coat it well. I'm not sure whether it is enough to cause him to change from his usual product, but he said that it was pretty good.

Philips GC3810/20 Azur Performer Steam Iron with 150 g Steam Boost, 300 ml, 2400 Watt, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat and nippy, with surprisingly good steam action, 21 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really neat and nippy little iron, which glides easily over clothes as it has a special non-stick soleplate and has allowed me to get through my usual pile of ironing quickly. The steam is surprisingly powerful and can be used for vertical steaming too, which is really useful. The water chamber is easy to fill and as well as having an automatic steam option, you can also press for a steam boost if you want to take control!

The design of the iron is pretty standard, but I particularly like the pointed shape of the soleplate, which makes it a little easier to iron into tricky corners and between buttons on shirts and cardigans. Aesthetically speaking, it is a nice bright, clean blue and it looks much like most irons. I have a great deal of trust in Phillips products and this is another great product from Phillips.

Ultrasport Men's Rainbow Compression Capri Pants - Black, Large
Ultrasport Men's Rainbow Compression Capri Pants - Black, Large
Offered by Ultra24Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Snug, but with reason - these are great for jogging/running or even on an exercise bike/rowing machine., 21 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is hard to state easily whether these are a good fit or a slightly small fit for a large (the size I have) as they are designed to be snug - to compress in order to promote good circulation whilst also promoting better regeneration. I think that these probably do fit as expected as they are snug, but are not restrictive and they are comfortable to exercise in, although after putting on it takes a little while to forget that you are wearing them - but I think that's probably to be expected as they are compression shorts and if they weren't snug, then they wouldn't work!

These are great for exercising at home on the exercise bike or rowing machine as well as running/jogging. I like that these are made from quick dry material, which wicks the water/sweat away from your body quickly, but also means that you can wash them and they will be dry overnight and it means that if you want to exercise regularly using these you won't have the worry about them being dry in time.

There are reflective prints on the shorts - but I would like these to be more visible for jogging, particularly with black shorts - just a slightly more prominent design would have tipped me over to 5 stars. The mini zip up pocket might be useful, even though it is not massive and personally I haven't really used this much yet, I can see that it could be useful.

Charlie Merrick's Misfits in I'm a Nobody, Get Me Out of Here! (Charlie Merrick's Misfits 2)
by Dave Cousins

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, cheeky book about a football team who end up on a survival camp by mistake!, 21 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had seen the first book in this series, which seemed to be fairly squarely aimed at the boys' market (as a book about football), so I didn't look much further. Having read this second book about Charlie and his friends, the "Misfits" I wish I had given it a second look the first time round!

My 9 year-old daughter is a big fan of Tom Gates and when she heard that this was a book that would appeal to Tom Gates fans, she was eager to read it. My daughter loved the illustrations, which have their own unique style and are funny and interesting in equal measure. She also really liked the survival tips that cropped up throughout the book and has learned picked up a few bits of new survival-related vocabulary along the way.

The story is funny and carries you along nicely - silly mistakes and funny incidents which are interspersed with the drawings and survival tips mentioned above. The premise of the book is a simple one - the football team (minus a few of the players who couldn't come) are going on a football camp for a week - but sadly a mistake is made and they end up going to a survival camp instead! Competing to beat another team to avoid the "Leap of Doom" becomes Charlie's driving force for the week - but he hasn't let his friends in on the penalty for being beaten!

This is a story which captured my adventurers spirits - they are getting ready to "GO WILD" as soon as I let them! I think we will keep it to the back garden for now - but they have certainly been inspired and they now want to get the first book in the series!

Rexel A3 Active Folders - Blue (Pack of 50)
Rexel A3 Active Folders - Blue (Pack of 50)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for home or work - e.g. for artwork, plans or whatever you need between A4 and A3, 19 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using the A4 Rexel folders for a number of years now and find them to be more reliable than cheaper versions, which can have a tendency to split at the seams or have dodgy poppers, which don't always "pop".

The A3 version is new to me, but really, really useful, as it allows you to store anything larger than average without folding it.

At home, I am using these to store many of my children's precious artistic creations (certainly precious to me!) as they often work on A3 paper at school. At work I use this for plans and other documents which are "oversized" - which these folders hold comfortably and it is a relief not to have to wrestle them into a smaller pocket folder or indeed leave them out of a folder and vulnerable.

All Involved
All Involved
by Ryan Gattis

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb novel, which catapults you into the 5 days of the LA riots, 17 May 2015
This review is from: All Involved (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a powerful story, or rather a mesh of stories, each narrator weaving their part, to be interwoven with the tale of each subsequent voice, each developing another layer, revealing another aspect of gangland life and the lives touched by it, whether inside or outside of the gangs.

I haven't read anything like this before, but remember watching news coverage of the LA riots in 1992 and was gripped from the very first chapter. There are moments of extreme violence, moments of loyalty regardless of consequences, retribution fuelled by the desire to see justice served at any cost, loyalty, love, loss and betrayal. The sheer number of voices means that sometimes I recognised the reference in one narrators tale to something in a previous account, but I couldn't match them without re-reading the book, but most of the time, I was able to connect the dots without having to think too hard!

I think that this is a superb novel, however, I wish I had known about the glossary of terms before I started reading the book (rather than when I finished it!) as in some of the early chapters I made assumptions about the meaning of certain terms and phrases - which are contained in the glossary, but happily enough I got the meaning from the context (or something not a million miles from the actual meaning) and it did not interfere with the flow of the book or my enjoyment of it.

Medela Breast Milk Store and Feed Set
Medela Breast Milk Store and Feed Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Totally different kind of bottle feeding, 14 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have an electric Medela breast pump (having used a manual Phillips pump with my first - my world was revolutionised by the Medela when number two came around and I haven't looked back). If you have a Medela pump - this is a brilliant set to match - although I imagine that you could use it with other pumps, obviously it might be a bit more hassle if the bottle and pump aren't a match.

The set comes with two small bottles (150ml) and two larger (250ml) bottles, 5 pump and save bags and one Calma. The bottles are great, fitting onto my Medela pump perfectly and come with lids to close up the bottles before the milk is going to be used. The storage bags are good, although 5 bags won't last you very long - I think it is good as it gives you a good idea whether or not they work well for you and whether you want to invest in more. I'm a bit on the fence - I think that they work well, but I don't get on with pumping straight into them - I find pumping into one of the bottles and then transferring into the bag is less nerve-wracking, even if it means that there is a bit more washing up. All-in-all it's great to have something to be able to store milk easily in the freezer in, so they are definitely useful.

The Calma is great - a really well designed teat, which makes feeds with pumped breast milk much easier without causing any confusion for the baby as the way that milk is drawn from the teat requires the same process in the babies mouth as a nipple. My main problem with this set is that you get four bottles but only one teat - I personally like to have the next clean and sterile bottle at the ready at any given time - so one isn't really enough. Again, I can understand that this better for someone who just wants to try it out - in case they don't want to invest further in this system, if it doesn't suit them or their baby, but one teat is not going to be enough should this work for you and your baby. The Calma isn't cheap to buy, but once you have this set, you will probably want one or two more.

Rexel Advance A4 Stay Put Pocket and Prong Folder - Black (Pack of 5)
Rexel Advance A4 Stay Put Pocket and Prong Folder - Black (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal individual project folders, perfect for storing together in a lever-arch file, 13 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are clever little folders, which you can use as mini folders individually or you can use them within a larger folder - they work perfectly in a lever arch file or you could use 2 or 3 in a standard A4 file (but probably 5 would be too many).

Each folder opens up as a project folder - on the left hand side, you have two full length transparent dividers, creating three section, with a solidly coloured half-length pocket at the front. When you have your papers in place, you can tuck the top left hand corner of the paperwork under a sturdy corner-piece, which holds everything in place. The right hand side has just half-sized bottom pocket, but again with the top right-hand corner flap to secure your paperwork in place. On this side, there is also a small transparent envelope style pocket to keep small items, like business cards or receipts for expenses.

The multipack is good value and is a real asset for keeping organised - perfect for me in my role as a PA!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20