Profile for Katherine > Reviews

Content by Katherine
Top Reviewer Ranking: 577

Katherine (Bristol, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Ekouaer Pajama Set Women's Lightweight Viscose Summer Lounging Wear Plus Size (Pink, XL)
Offered by avidlove

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely soft-feel pjs, good size, but not the most flattering style on me personally., 27 April 2016
These are really soft to the touch and my children often tell me how soft and smooth I am when i am wearing these. They are very comfortable to wear and are very stretchy. I particularly like the long length of the bottoms and the arms, which can be a bit short on some pjs.

There is pretty lace detail around the neck and the hem of the top, which are delicate and neither OTT not itchy or uncomfortable. They server as a nice detail without distracting from the simple design.

My only problem with these pyjamas, which is no fault of the design, is that they aren't particularly flattering to my particular shape. I don't have a flat stomach and I find that the way that this material drapes, it has a tendency to cling in the wrong ways, even though there is plenty of room in the pjs. I think that this would suit someone of a smaller frame better. Whilst these are very comfortable to wear - I wouldn't want to wear these in front of anyone other than my immediate family! I have tried other products from the company and they are very good quality - this just isn't my favourite. I received these pyjamas free of charge for review purposes.

Ekouaer Cozy Pjs Bottoms Womens Ladies Lounge Shorts Pyjama Pants Plus Size (Black, XL)
Offered by avidlove

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite pj bottoms, 27 April 2016
These are my favourite pyjama bottoms at the moment. They fit me really well and are true to size. They are made from a slightly thicker material that I had expected, but that's no bad thing. They feel like they are really well made and not from a cheap, thin material, but one that should last for years.

I love the black and white check with a highlight of a thin red check which just makes them look really stylish in a very comfortable and homely way!
The red tie running through the waistband allows you to loosen or tighten the fit to your waistline, which means that you can relax more comfortably, if like me you bloat a bit at certain times of the month and need a bit of extra room for comfort!

I love the pockets which are useful on a lazy weekend morning for carrying my phone in or a packet of tissues (when I have a cold like today!) These pj bottoms are great if, like me, there are days when you just want to get out of your office clothes and get into something comfortable. These are my perfect loungewear! I received this item free of charge for review purposes, but not attempt was made to influence my review and the opinion is my own.

Playmobil 6195 Space Rocket with Launch Site and Lights and Sound
Playmobil 6195 Space Rocket with Launch Site and Lights and Sound

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast off with Playmobil!, 27 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Playmobil are one of our family's favourite brands, as we know that they make great quality, long-lasting toys, which are both timeless and great for boys and girls alike.

This is a great space rocket and launch site, which when set up is about 70cm tall. As with most of the larger playmobil sets, there is a fair amount of set up construction and stickers to add to various parts. The set up would take quite a while as an adult alone, but with two ever-so helpful children, it takes just that little bit longer - so warning, not only do you need 2 AA batteries (which aren't included), you also need patience if you want to build this with your children!

If you find instructions on paper difficult to follow - playmobil have lots of video tutorials to help build sets - including this one, which can be found on their website. It can really help if you are struggling with a little bit as they put it together piece by piece, sticker by sticker.

There are so many details on this set and the launch site isn't just an after-thought but an integral part of the set. However the rocket is the star of the show, which (once you have put the batteries in) has great fire-like lights in the rocket boosters and sound effects, including the traditional countdown.

This set can be built upon, as it is compatible with the space shuttle from the same series, Playmobil 6196 Space Shuttle with Lights and Sound which can piggyback on the space rocket, ready to take off at the appropriate moment on any given space mission! This could mean that one could be a birthday and one could be a Christmas present or different family members could buy different complimentary sets. My girls both love this set having both studying about space at school, this allows them to enjoy imaginative play and include the things that they have learned into their play.

Tomy Zootropolis Nick Wilde Soft Toy with Sound (Multi-Colour)
Tomy Zootropolis Nick Wilde Soft Toy with Sound (Multi-Colour)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wilde-ly wonderful fox, 27 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Tomy and Disney have an established partnership when it comes to toys linked to new films - from Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur to this newest offering, Zootropolis.

If you have seen the film or even the trailers, you will recognise one of the main characters from the film, Nick Wilde. This toy is a really good likeness for the character and in my opinion, quite oddly, I think it is more realistic than Disney's own version Zootropolis 10-Inch Disney Nick Wilde soft plush toy!

The fox toy is made with really soft, strokeable plush fabric and his tail is really soft and fluffy and he is dressed in a good representation of what he wore in the film. It would have been nice if the tie has been a tie-like material rather than a stiffer felt-like material, but the shirt fabric is great. The battery with the speaker with the sounds is within his chest and squeeze him just under his tie and he trots out one of 7 phrases, all voiced by the actor from the film. The phrases are (in this order, on a loop) "Hey, it's Officer Toot-toot", "Popsicles, get your popsicles!", "Haa-ha", "Flash is the fastest guy in there. If you need something done, he's on it", "Well Officer Fluff I am impressed, you outfoxed a fox", "What do you call a three-humped camel?" and once again "Haa-ha".

The phrases work much better if your child has seen the film and then they reimagine it and might even reenact the scene with their toy. My girls (aged 8 and 9) loved the film and particularly enjoyed the scene with Officer Flash and Nick Wilde telling him telling the joke, "What do you call a three-humped camel?" (btw it's not Humphrey, as I had assumed!) and then Officer Flash telling the lady sloth next to him the same joke again..... very slowly!

Open the back of Nick's shirt and you can flick a switch to change from phrases to sound effects only - there are just 4 of these and one is of him laughing (which you have twice on the phrases) - it's fine to have a break from the phrases, but not all that exciting.

As with any toy with sounds, (we have a number of Inside Out toys, which my girls love), the toys have to be cuddly and loveable to stand the test of time as 7 phrases on a loop won't keep them enthralled forever! This sly fox is very sweet and his extremely fluffy tail will mean he will remain a favourite for some time to come, even if the batteries fail. Personally, as with any of these toys, I think that the technology exists for randomising the quotes and/or having a wider selection, so that it remains fun and fresh for longer.

Hawaiian Tropic 150 ml SPF 30 Pump Air Soft Sun Lotion
Hawaiian Tropic 150 ml SPF 30 Pump Air Soft Sun Lotion

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but it smells amazing, moisturises brilliantly without leaving any stickiness and protects my skin - best of all worlds!, 27 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is both a really lovely moisturiser and a really good sun cream all in one easy-to-use, pretty little package.

The scent is summery and warm, with sweet coconut and tropical hints in it - it doesn't smell like common all garden sun-cream, but hints at warmer climates. The pump dispenser works really well, just giving you control over the amount that you want to get at once. The cream spreads and sinks in like a high quality moisturiser - quickly and easily, but I can feel on my skin as I rub it in, which areas I have applied it to, for enough time before is becomes a virtually weightless layer on my skin to ensure that I have complete coverage.

In the summer months, I will be spending money I would usually spend on body lotions on this instead. It's pretty pricey, but to smell good, have really well moisturised and protected skin, I think this is definitely good value for money

BEST Grip Strengthener - Adjustable 10-40kg Resistance Hand Exerciser - Includes *FREE* Bonus Grip Strength Workout eBook Bundle (worth £29.95) - Perfect Gripper For Finger, Hands and Forearm Strengthening, Injury Rehabilitation, MMA Training, Weight Lifting and Fitness - 100% Better Than Money Back Guarantee
Offered by Senshi Fitness

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good for rebuilding strength following injury, 26 April 2016
My husband has been using this to strengthen his grip following an injury to his wrist earlier in the year. He started off with the lowest weight setting and has been gradually increasing as his muscles have rebuilt their strength. The grip strengthener is very easy to hold and grip and the adjustments are made by a simple turn of the red wheel at the end.

The only issue we have had with the item, is that when using it, sometimes it makes a little "ping" noise. It doesn't appear to affect the performance of the grip strengthener, but it is a little off-putting. I checked with the seller whether or not this is usual and he said that it isn't usual, but not unheard of, but that of those people that reported the noise, no-one had had any issues with the item and no requests for refunds. I am therefore reassured that this is just a quirk and not common or dangerous. Should there be any issues, I will update my review, but so far we are very impressed. I was provided with this item free of charge for my honest review.

Playmobil 6857 Sports and Action Take Along Football Match with 2 Players and 2 Goalies Playset (Large)

5.0 out of 5 stars Playmobil meets Subbuteo - utter genius!, 26 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a brilliant football set which is really fun to play and wonderfully neat to tidy away!

So once you take off the outer cardboard, you reveal the entire product in its handy carry case. Unclip the case and there is everything you need for a game of Playmobil football. The handle and base of the case are removed and then the sides of the case meet together in the middle and with a little push, they click together and don't come apart unless you want them to.

With the set you get 4 players, two of whom are goalkeepers and two of whom are players, so it's quite a slim team - 2-a-side in fact! . There are different fittings for the different kinds of player - the players have two different parts to clip into their feet and this allows them to kick the ball. The goalkeepers have goalie gloves to clip on and a piece to clip to their feet and this then connects to a pivotting piece, which allows the goalie to come in and out of the goal and to dive to the left or right.

The kicking action of the players is impressive. The pieces are free standing, but when you want to make the player kick the ball, you can do this with one hand - pulling back the level with your finger - the further you pull, the harder the kick. It's powerful enough to be able to smash a goal in from one end of the pitch to the other.

The pitch has a flocked covering, which makes the ball roll really well without skittering around. The pitch is striped light green and dark green and one goal area is dark green and one light green. This begins to make more sense when you realise that the bases on the players are slightly different greens - so one team is the dark green team and one the light green team. There are rules of the game available on the Playmobil website, which help you to understand, but it is basically that when the ball lands on the light green area, then the ball is in play for the light green team and when it is on the dark green area, it is for the dark green player.

There are 4 balls included with the set, which means that if one or two get lost, then you will still be able to use the set. Once or twice in a match one of my children will manage to ping the ball out of the stadium and onto the floor, but so far we've always managed to find the ball. There are four ball-shaped dips around the edge of the stadium where you can keep the spare balls during the match.

The set contains stickers to create the traditional stadium hordings around the pitch. There are also number stickers in both black and white - tiny ones for the front of their shorts and larger ones for the backs of their shirts.

When you have finished playing with the set, you don't have to dissemble it to the level that it arrives in (you don't need to split the footballs into two halves, or take the football players off their fixings. You just need to detach the goals from the ends and the pivot parts from underneath (leave the goalies on the ends) and gather everything up on one end. Put the handle in the place of the goal on the half wit all the stuff and then put the empty half on top and they fit together perfectly and secure the briefcase style clips by the handle. Finally clip the long yellow strip in place and you have your case back together. (Warning, if you forget the yellow strip, everything falls out of the case onto the floor!)

It takes a few minutes to set up or put away (if that!) and there is so much fun to be hand from this game. We laugh hysterically at missed kicks and the goalies and the players frequently high-five each other after scoring a goal. Such fun that we might even invest in a few more players for our teams!

AMELIORATE Skin Smoothing Body Polish 150 ml
AMELIORATE Skin Smoothing Body Polish 150 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars The body lotion has already helped so much, but combined with this it is even better! Amazing products, giving amazing results!, 25 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I must confess that I have tried this product, already a converted fan of the Body Lotion from the same company, which I discovered last year when googling KP, otherwise known as 'Chicken Skin', which I have sufferred with all my life and a friend told me what it was when I was complaining about it and when something has a name you suddenly feel empowered to do something about it!

The original body lotion is amazing and has already significantly reduced the bumps and redness of my KP, but this body polish is a fantastic accompaniment, as it exfoliates my skin, but not roughly leaving it red raw like some other polishes. This is applied, interestingly, to dry skin, rubbed in and then left for a few minutes to allow the AHA to do its stuff and then you rinse it off. My skin feels softer and smoother than it did before and compared to last year, it is a massive improvement. Whilst I know that I can never be cured of my chicken skin, I can at least do something to lessen it and hopefully this year I will be braver about exposing my arms in the summer. It doesn't come cheap, but Ameliorate's products have really helped my chicken skin and therefore have boosted my confidence - which is priceless!

Avery ColorStak Self-Stackable Office Set, 3 Trays and Accessories, 260 x 55 x 320 mm - Green
Offered by Indigo Ink Home & Office

4.0 out of 5 stars Colour co-ordinated home office set - ideal for maximising space in a small home office, 24 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Compared to other letter trays and stackable systems I have used in my office and at home, this is thicker and more solid than most, some of which bend and flex when lifted - this is very stable. Unlike other systems, it doesn't use metal posts between different sections, they just rest upon one another.

The stackable tray section is made up of three trays of decreasing sizes. The bottom section is the letter tray, the middle section is for notebooks and other larger stationary items, such as stapler, ruler etc. Finally, there is a small top tray, for a pad of square post-it notes and somewhere to keep your paperclips and push pins. This can easily be grabbed and taken away - to your noticeboard for example, without having to grab a handful of pins, which is handy.

The lime green set I have comes with a green pair of stainless steel scissors, which cut well, a pack of green, square post-it notes, a pack of green large paperclips and a box of pins for a pin board, which have smooth, green rounded plastic ends and are easy to insert and remove from a noticeboard. There isn't really anywhere in the set to hold the scissors, which is a shame, for these you need to have buy the matching pen pot (or choose a different colour for a mix and match scenario)

This is a nice set for a compact office, where you have limited space and want to make the most of a small desk space. it's not as extreme as the letter tray towers, which are more in keeping with a professional office environment.

Igenix Four-Burner Electric Hob Hotplate with Side Controls - 60 cm, White
Igenix Four-Burner Electric Hob Hotplate with Side Controls - 60 cm, White
Offered by Capital Stores

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple electric hob which need to be professionally fitted into your kitchen, 24 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an good, solid, basic electric hob. As it is one for fitting into a counter top, you need to have this professionally installed. Fortunately, we have such a person in our family, so he installed it for us as our previous hob was old and pretty manky. He ensured that it was fitted safely for us and he didn't mention there being anything surprising or difficult about it.

In terms of the end-user experience, this does exactly what you would expect it to do, but no more. There are much fancier hobs available, but if you are after a simple 4 burner hob hotplate, this fits the bill. It has two larger and two smaller plates and this allows me to choose the smaller plate for something like cooking peas or beans in a small pan or the larger pan for casserole dishes and frying pans etc. The highest heat level is 6 and the lowest is 1, giving you a good range of temperatures to choose from. There is a single red light indicating that the hob is in use, which is useful should you forget to switch it off.

This is a simple and effective hob, but there aren't any bells or whistles - but simple and reliable can sometimes be better than something complicated and baffling!

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30