Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance" (Hertford, UK)

Among Thieves: A Tale of the Kin (Tale of the Kin 1)
Among Thieves: A Tale of the Kin (Tale of the Kin 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly excellent, 6 Jun 2013
I have never read a book that makes you work quite so hard. The author never really takes the time to sit down and explain the world to you, but you are always told just enough to keep up with him. The story races ahead and twists constantly and you always feel just about on top of it but just as bewildered as the main character. I am thrilled to be able to say I genuinely never managed to anticipate the next twist, a rare feat in a genre that tends to be so full of cliches! An excellent read and one I would recommend unreservedly!

The Blinding Knife: Book 2 of Lightbringer
The Blinding Knife: Book 2 of Lightbringer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Jun 2013
Absolutely fantastic book. May never have been more hooked on a series than I have been on this one. Cannot wait for the sequel!

The Desert Spear
The Desert Spear

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe ease up on the woman hating..., 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Desert Spear (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed the book, great build on the first one. The only think that I struggled with was the mysogyny rampant through the first half of the book. I know it fits with the story and with the background but detailed descriptions of how women are being treated as sub-human objects still seemed rather unnecessary. It just seems to me that given the fact that in a world where women are actually treated this way it might not always be okay to write about it, in such vivid detail, even in fiction.

Otherwise great book though, would very much recommend it!