Profile for Amstar > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ezy-Aid HSE Compliant Travel and Workplace First Aid Kit for 1 - 10 Persons
Ezy-Aid HSE Compliant Travel and Workplace First Aid Kit for 1 - 10 Persons

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 26 Jun. 2016
This is an ok first aid box but I will need to add to it.
Contents:
6 sterile saline wipes
2 sterile eye pads
20 plasters various sizes
First aid guidance leaflet

Safety pins should have been included but they were missing from the box. The products will expire in 2020 so I feel that a 4 year shelf life is a good length of time.
The box is sturdy and it appears to be well made for the money.
As I've said I will need to add to the box so that's why the 4 stars but I think for a starter box it's good value for money.
Some reviewers have mentioned other items that are included in this box but I think this may have been an older version or the wrong product has been reviewed so check the product description carefully.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Girls lycra gymnastics leotard with foil stripes - pink or purple GYM19 (Purple, 6-8 years)
Offered by Premier Dancewear

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really nice leotard, and lots of people have complemented my ..., 2 Mar. 2016
This is a really nice leotard, and lots of people have complemented my daughter on it. I would buy again

Spigen Rugged Tough Armor Extreme Protection Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - Champagne Gold

1.0 out of 5 stars It didn't protect my phone, 22 Feb. 2016
I had a spigen case for my s4 and I could not have been happier with it.
This case however has not been great. It looked shabby within a month of light use and a week ago I dropped my phone on a carpeted floor and the screen has cracked. It appears that the Crack came from the volume buttons.
I have always looked after my phones and spending this amount on a case to protect them makes sense to me especially when they've worked in the past. I am now looking elsewhere for when my phone is fixed

Cupcake World Fondant Sugarpaste Cake Icing Claret Ruby Red 1 Kg
Cupcake World Fondant Sugarpaste Cake Icing Claret Ruby Red 1 Kg

4.0 out of 5 stars My first choice fondant now, 10 Feb. 2015
I was very pleased with this fondant the first time I used it it Tiffany blue so it was an obvious choice when I needed a strong red for another cake. The reason for 4 stars is a minor issue for me but others may find it more of a problem, due to a really high pigmentation in the fondant it very easily transfers to other things, it does clean off easily enough but for this reason I can't give it 5 stars.
I have found that it doesnt need much kneading and it also doesn't need much corn flour/ icing sugar for dusting as it doesn't stick to the surface like some other fondants, and I have foind that it doesn't crack. Due to the high pigmentation it doesn't lighten by much when rolled out so what you see in the packet is what you get, I've just bought emerald green and I'm hoping it's as good as the red

Cupcake World Fondant Sugarpaste Cake Icing Gift Parcel Tiffany Blue 1 Kg
Cupcake World Fondant Sugarpaste Cake Icing Gift Parcel Tiffany Blue 1 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed, 24 Oct. 2014
I was really pleased with this fondant. I found it much easier to use than other brands, I hardly needed any cornflour to stop it sticking to the counter, the colour hardly changed when kneaded, and best of all it could be rolled quite thin and it didn't show signs of cracking on the cake.
I will definitely be buying this brand again as I would really like to try out some of the other colours in their range

Freaks Eat Too
Freaks Eat Too

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that good to be honest, 17 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Freaks Eat Too (Kindle Edition)
I found this a bit patronising to be honest and the recipes mediocre. It has been written by someone who thought it was a good idea to go gluten free as they knew someone who was coeliac. .All his recipes are ones that are very easily adapted family favourites and if you have to have a gluten free diet to be honest you will have already tried them i would have thought. It was worth a read as it was free but if i had paid money for this i would have been very disappointed at the lack of substance.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2013 6:03 PM GMT

Little Tikes Cozy Pumper
Little Tikes Cozy Pumper

4.0 out of 5 stars Good addition to our little tikes toys, 30 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Little Tikes Cozy Pumper (Toy)
We have always been impressed with the build quality of little tikes products and this is no exception. Yes as other reviewers have said it is light weight and it does fall over all the time, but our daughter couldn't care less about that, and to be honest i prefer it to be light weight so she can move it to where she wants it during play. She is 26mths old and loves copying mummy and daddy so she was delighted when she got this for Christmas with her cozy truck. She not only uses it to put petrol in her cozy truck but all her cars big and small i would have thought that it would have come with a credit card as it has a credit card slot but she has one from another toy so this wasn't a problem for us. The buttons are also hard to press for little fingers but she soon worked out to use both hands. I would recommend for any child who is car mad and likes to copy what mummy and daddy do.

Patio Centre The Brightly Coloured Plastic Playhouse (Green/ Red)
Patio Centre The Brightly Coloured Plastic Playhouse (Green/ Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 29 Dec. 2012
This is an excellent value children's patio set and my daughter loves it. The negative reviews really should be removed as they are not reviewing the product they are reviewing a mistake which is unfair. The set is brightly coloured and very durable i bought this in the amazon sale but after receiving it i would happily paid the full price. I would say the maximum age for this set would be a 5yr old but we have had older children play with it. We are very pleased with it and we would highly recommend it.

Yale Locks 8K103 PVCu Window Stop White
Yale Locks 8K103 PVCu Window Stop White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for baby proofing, 20 Sept. 2012
We have a Houdini baby and our upstairs windows don't have locks. This then became a big problem when our child got out of her cot and started playing with her window. We ordered this lock as the ones designed for baby proofing had mixed reviews, and we have found that if there is any possibility a child can find a weakness in a product ours will find it I am so pleased that I made that choice. It took my husband 5 minutes to fit the lock to the frame and that included drilling the pilot holes, he was very impressed with how easy it was to fit and it gives us piece of mind that our child wont be falling from the window. I would highly recommend this lock as it is a sturdy well built item that is made of metal (it is quite heavy for how small it is), it looks like it is a cast piece and there are no plastic parts. After seeing the product we are considering buying some for the downstairs windows for extra security, it is an excellent product and I would highly recommend for baby proofing or extra security.

Philips AVENT SCF147/82 Toddler Spouts
Philips AVENT SCF147/82 Toddler Spouts

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to the avent family, 20 Sept. 2012
We purchased these as normal teats are no longer an option for us as our child just chews through them and we really wanted to move her onto training cups. However our avent bottles still had loads of use in them and every training cup we could find that we liked had a soft spout which is no good for someone who likes to chew. These are the perfect solution, because avent can think ahead and have realised that we don't want to be throwing away a perfectly good bottle. The spout fits nicely on the classic bottle and does not leak as long as you put the blue and white adaptor on the bottle (I didn't the first time I used it and it created a huge mess). Now if your child doesn't drink everything out of the spout there will be a slight spillage and it is only a couple of drops so nothing to worry about. It is made of sturdy plastic and i am very happy with it so happy i bought a second pack straight away. These spouts can be used with all avent bottles and cups as all the parts are interchangeable. Well worth the money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3