Profile for Emer Henry > Reviews

Content by Emer Henry

Emer Henry "Bluecurlygirl" (Ireland)

Supernatural - The Complete Third Season [DVD]
Supernatural - The Complete Third Season [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jared Padalecki
Offered by Helen's Goodies
Price: 10.55

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment, 1 Sep 2008
My entire family are huge supernatural fans and couldn't wait to get our hands on season three (already owning seasons 1 & 2 which we have almost worn out watching over and over). We sat down to watch this with great excitement which I'm afraid didn't last too long. There are very few good episodes in this. The Christmas one - please, why? Such tripe. The only episode that scared me was the prison one and even that didn't scare too much. The final episode we thought would redeem it but I'm afraid the ending is a complete let down. Obviously the writers wrote this in a tremendous hurry to make up for lost time with the strike but in all fairness I think they should just forget this version of season 3 exists and remake it again from the start. And what happened to the cool music that the boys always listen to in the car? The only music in the car this time round was in the last episode and it was Bon Jovi which is totally out of character for Dean. Please, you have insulted the true fans. Put things right. Oh yeah, the one star is for the prison episode and Ruby.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2008 1:11 PM GMT

Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 3.90

5.0 out of 5 stars MAMMA MIA Indeed!!, 14 Aug 2008
If you enjoy smiling, if you enjoy laughing, if you like to have fun (and who doesn't) then this IS the movie for you. I did all the above. Such a feel good movie. Kinda restores faith in human kindness. Never saw so many people leaving a cinema genuinely laughing and grinning away. Whether you like ABBA or not why not "Take a Chance" on it - you might just be converted! Enjoy.

Doghouse Music
Doghouse Music
Price: 10.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 25 Jan 2008
This review is from: Doghouse Music (Audio CD)
I have to say this guy blew me away on Jool's Hollands radio show. Missed him on the hootenanny and KT Tunstall was to do duet with him. Did that happen? But I am proud to say that I have bought 2 albums of this guys and we are going to see him in Dublin on 23rd February. Can't wait. He is one amazing musician.

Eye To The Telescope
Eye To The Telescope
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 3.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this lady and her fairytale start in music, 25 Jan 2008
This review is from: Eye To The Telescope (Audio CD)
Just imagine busking on a street in Glasgow and next thing Rod Stewart stops and listens to you, takes your hand and says "Girl, you're coming on stage with me tonight". That's what happened to KT. I remember watching that show on telly and she was so nervous it was unreal but she got through it. I love this album. I love KT - end of story! She brings a real freshness to music and challenges everything we accept as norm. Great voice. Great music. Actually, when you're listening to this album, think of the story she tells of her father:
He used to work in an observatory and any night that something amazing was happening in the skies he took KT and her brother up to the observatory. She recalls many a night watching comets, meteor storms etc. But the story she told on BBC2 was about her father putting her and her brother on a trolley and loading up the dry ice underneath the trolley and letting the dry ice go, pushing them down the corridor and shouting at them to keep their feet and hands in in case the dry ice froze them off! How cool would it be to be pushed down a corridor into the observatory to watch a meteor storm with dry ice floating all around you when you were only a kid? Love that story. Think of it every time I listen to this album. And a lot of her profits are spent on environmentally friendly projects so for this reason alone EVERYONE should buy her album. And hell, if she's good enough for Rod Stewart she's good enough for me!!!

Till The Sun Turns Black
Till The Sun Turns Black
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say?, 25 Jan 2008
Listen to this album and don't feel for him. I dare ya. This is a very public exorcism of some deep rooted hurt and deep feelings and for someone who suffers from extreme shyness THAT IS A BRAVE THING TO DO. I love his mastery of the music. I love his voice (probably because one of my friends sounds just like him!!) and I love the feeling he puts into every song. That's something that is missing from most new music and it's so refreshing to hear it. If you don't own this album yet - WHY NOT? It's the most amazing album that has been released in a long time. If you're seriously wondering about buying this album after all the reviews visit his myspace page and listen to 3 or 4 (I can't remember how many - sorry) of the songs from the album and let that decide for you.