Profile for wighthelen > Reviews

Angel Tarot Cards
by Doreen Virtue PhD
Price: 9.79

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like syrupy things, you'll love this, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
Cards are of good quality, stick to tarot theme, but as tarot connects to your sub-conscious via common archetypes, the pictures lack depth of detail, although very pretty. Tarot cards, like life are neither positive or negative, each card contains both. However this pack focusses only on the positive, and whilst it is always good to use positive affirmations, it misses the point, we need to be aware of negative energies too, or how can we use them to create positive? Very syrupy, but I am a professional reader and some of my clients like these. Not my personal choice. If you're learning stick to Rider-Waite, they may look dull but have great depth of image and significance.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2013 7:14 AM BST

Set of EIGHT pink/pale green/grey (you choose mixed or one colour!) polka dot spot/stripe ceramic KNOB handle pull for furniture (drawers, cupboard doors etc) exclusively sold by Vintage Pink (TM)
Offered by Vintage Pink Gifts & Crafts
Price: 19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars great product Shame about the lack of communication, 24 May 2013
I was really impressed with the quality and price of this product. It was really good value when compared to similar items. It was delivered within 48 hours too. The company held good on their promise to send the style you chose, so I received exactly what I requested.
Unfortunately by then I had spent 2 days wondering if I would have to return the product, because this company just don't acknowledge your e:mails at all. I sent two, one requesting only green stripy knobs and asking for a confirmation, and the other on receiving dispatch notification asking them to confirm they had sent only what I had requested.
I have since sent feedback to the firm, and still no communication. Great product, as promised, better communication would make it perfect.

ALM Manufacturing FL049 30cm/ 12-inch Metal Blade to Suit Flymo
ALM Manufacturing FL049 30cm/ 12-inch Metal Blade to Suit Flymo
Offered by Suds-Online
Price: 9.70

2.0 out of 5 stars The product is fine, but the packaging whoa!, 24 May 2013
I suppose it was inevitable that this product would turn up the day after I went back to work. I was somewhat mystified why the postie had not put it through my quite large letterbox, it is only a mower blade. The answer greeted me when I drove to the post depot to pick it up. I was given a box measuring 400mm x 320mm x 10mm. For one 12" metal blade! The box was full of paper and right at the bottom was the mower blade,(so not safely encased in paper then, but at the bottom) WHICH WAS ALREADY IN A ROBUST PLASTIC AND CARD CONTAINER. I understand that H & S is an issue with sharp items despatched through the post, but buffer wrapping in paper and a jiffy bag would have sufficed. I'm not happy about the fuel costs incurred (not to mention the time) visiting the Parcel depot 5 miles away. Thanks Amazon!

Hinge and Bracket Supplies Metal Mirror Pivot Fittings 2 Sets E41-181 Brass No88 52Mmx20Mm
Offered by Suki Hardware
Price: 3.75

2.0 out of 5 stars It may seem cheap, but.............., 24 May 2013
be warned this product comes WITHOUT SCREWS. If you live in the country, as I do, this necessitates getting into your car (time and petrol), finding a parking space and then finding the right size screws. A very expensive cheap buy. It should be mentions, plus sellers are missing an opportunity to sell some screws at the same time. Frankly I'd rather pay 50p more and have 4 screws included!

Healing with the Angels Oracle Cards
Healing with the Angels Oracle Cards
by Doreen Virtue PhD
Price: 9.79

4.0 out of 5 stars The pack you need if you are an intuitive reader, 24 Feb 2011
I am a professional tarot reader and psychic party entertainer. I have two other packs of angel cards but have been looking for a pack that I could use for a 'proper' reading. I looked on several sites at several reviews and this pack came highly reccomended by professionals. It is realy good if you want to develop a spread, the key words act as memory prompts and the book has good key words to help.
As with all Doreen Virtue angel cards I find the full explanation really American, happy ever after' but working with this pack enabled me to connect and work with the cards to get a real insight. I really wish someone would bring out a pack with insightful pictures. The pictures on these as, as on all Doreen's packs are very lavish and beutiful, but to me they don't put additional layers of insight into the cards like Tarot packs do.
In summary a good pack if you want to develop your own insight and path which helps you avoid the horrible American sentimentality.
Can anyone tell me why she is so obsessed with putting Ph'd everywhere? She doesn't respond if you ask her on Twitter!

The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards)
The Druid Craft Tarot Deck (Tarot Cards)
by Philip Carr-Gomm
Price: 10.39

4.0 out of 5 stars review mark 2, 22 Jan 2011
I reviewed these cards when I first received them, but for some reason it was not posted. There was no swearing or anything! I am very drawn to the artwork on these cards, in fact I just love it. I find some of the definitions in the little book 'interesting' but also enlightening. I mainly use my intuitive definition. I have several packs of cards and find that clients are often drawn to this set too. I think it's because they are so 'English' Everytime I use them I'm thinking of Dorset!They are brilliant to meditate with, or try sleeping with one under your pillow! However I agree they are on the big side and because the card is of a high quality they are quite stiff. This causes problems if you ask a client to shuffle the cards, and they are not too good at shuffling. (I never fail to be amazed by the number of people who cannot shuffle. Oh well perhaps I had a mis-spent youth playing cards!)I certainly would not be without them in my collection and they are a favourite. Hopefully this review will get posted this time.

Legacy of the Divine Tarot
Legacy of the Divine Tarot
by Ciro Marchetti
Price: 14.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Divine tarot, 10 Aug 2010
This review is from: Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Cards)
I chose this pack because it was the most popular pack on the Acecletic tarot site, which is a site I would recommend to anyone even remotely interested in tarot. I was not disappointed! Beautifully illustrated and yet it retains links to the Rider Waite pack which I began with. I liked it and could relate to it. Not a beginners pack, you need some little understanding of traditional tarot. I have a collection of cards and offer querrents a choice. Again this new trend for offering books with the cards, I find unnecessary. I wish there was an option of with or without books! There are some good spreads in the back of the book and if you like fantasy fiction, then the book is good too. It is not my taste in fiction and therefore I found the additional cost of the book a bit galling.
A beautifully illustrated pack of cards, that are easy to read if you have a basic knowledge. Cards are good, the book should be optional.

The Fairy Tale Tarot (Cards & Book)
The Fairy Tale Tarot (Cards & Book)
by Lisa Hunt
Price: 26.55

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairy Tale tarot, 10 Aug 2010
This pack has beautiful illustrations, which makes it a good contemplative or meditative pack. The fairy tales in the accompanying book are very abridged, but are worth reading if you are interested. I think some of the choices are strange. For example why Red Riding Hood for the fool? I would have thought that Goldilocks was better. The court cards differ from the traditional Rider Waite as do some of the major arcana. I would say that this pack would be confusing with conflicting meanings for those that are new to tarot. I think the packaging is excessive and the book is unnecessary.
Great illustrations which, when offered a choice of packs, some querrants are immediately drawn to as they are familiar. I love the illustrations, but the rest is unnessary. A pack for those with some understanding already of card meanings.