Profile for Oli > Reviews

Oli

Mizuno Wave Rider 16 Running Shoes - 10
Mizuno Wave Rider 16 Running Shoes - 10

5.0 out of 5 stars best running shoes yet, 2 Dec 2013
I've tried many brands of running shoe and these have been my favorite so far (300km to date).

very comfortable from first outing and feel lighter than previous shoes (mainly nike)

Dealgadgets® Black Adjustable Strap Jogging Walking Sports Armband Case Cover for New Apple iPhone 5 5G
Offered by FlyArt

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 5 Sep 2013
The arm band does what I want it to do.
keeps my iphone 5 firmly strapped to arm for running.
Velcro has lasted longer than on other models I've tried in the past which is obviously a good thing.
phone fits with a protective plastic case around it which is a bonus (never found a armband that did this for iphone 4).

no complaints so far.

Sub Sports COLD Men's Thermal Compression Baselayer Long Sleeve Top - Large, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars warm layer for very cold runs, 17 April 2013
I use this as a base layer for runs on very cold days (sub zero only) usually with a loose top over it.
the top is very tight so may need to go for larger size.

keeps the cold air out and keeps me warm and dry so can't complain.

ASICS Men's Hermes Split Short - Black, Medium
ASICS Men's Hermes Split Short - Black, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars short running shorts, 17 April 2013
these are light shorts and are short. I have short legs so they suit me well. Longer shorts make me look like a short basketball player when running. :)

Bodymax CF412 Folding Personal Trainer Bench
Bodymax CF412 Folding Personal Trainer Bench

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 8 Mar 2013
I bought this for weight training at home. I don't have much space so was keen to get a bench that I could fold down and store under the bed. this does the trick. No fancy features just a sturdy bench that folds pretty flat.
I'm pleased with my purchase.

GU Energy Gel, 24-Pack Jet Blackberry
GU Energy Gel, 24-Pack Jet Blackberry
Offered by Harris Active Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars seems to help, 8 Mar 2013
I only use these on long runs (15km +) and they seem to help. I don't know whether it is just psychological but I look forward to the sweet kick every 45 minutes or so and it helps keep me going. nice and compact to store in a belt/pocket as well so don't get in the way. flavour is personal preference of course but these are sweet and taste ok once you get used to the texture.

Sub Sports COLD Men's Thermal Compression Baselayer Leggings / Tights - Medium, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars nice and warm, 8 Mar 2013
Good for cold winter morning runs in sub 0 temperatures... I have the non COLD version as well for warmer days and they are great too. no zips but stay in place nicely.
No small pocket which is a slight shame but I think these are great value for money.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars nice and warm, 8 Mar 2013
warm gloves for cold winter morning runs. I only use them when temperature is below freezing or I get too hot...

Yaktrax Run Md
Yaktrax Run Md
Offered by Caulfield Industrial

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, 21 Jan 2013
I bought these as I did not want to miss any of my long runs during marathon training and we got a fair amount of snow.
These really do the trick on compacted snow and ice but are not much help in fresh snow or slush (they don't claim to be and I don't think anything would help much in slush).

The grip they provide is really good and I hardly noticed they were there. I managed to run 26km the first time I used them at just a slightly slower pace than usual.

Dumbbell weights set / dumbell kit / dumbell pair 30 kg / muscle training / bodybuilding / workout / gym
Offered by JAGO24 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars large but good for price, 25 Sep 2012
these are quite large dumbbells but for price i can't really complain... make sure you have room to store them.