Profile for C Vald > Reviews

IOS Games by Tutorials
by Ray Wenderlich
Price: 24.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantstic book, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: IOS Games by Tutorials (Paperback)
I've read quite a few programming books in my time but never anything quite like this before.

They guys and gals who wrote this book are experts in their field but what makes this book so special is they also can write readable coding which they can explain as well.

The book consists of numerous different game tutorials, from a zombie game to the physics engine, to a space invaders using text (this one I must admit was hard going to understand) and a fantastic game teaching how to use tiles and more.

You need to an idea of objective C before reading this book and now I've conquered it, it I'm coding my first app using spritekit.

The forum and sample source code (that works) really makes life so much easier.

If you want to learn spritekit, the this is the definitive book.

iPhone iOS 6 Development Essentials
iPhone iOS 6 Development Essentials
Price: 8.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Reference, 7 Sep 2013
I'm just finishing off my first app and have found this book invaluable. There are many times where the other xcode books I own do not cover a subject area where this book has been my saviour.

Sams Teach Yourself iOS 6 Application Development in 24 Hours (Sams Teach Yourself...in 24 Hours)
by John Ray
Price: 22.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 July 2013
I must admit, the one hour chapters took a lot longer than an hour because the subject areas were so new to me, but it really did help me on th way coding my first app.

Make A Killing On Kindle (Without Blogging, Facebook Or Twitter).  The Guerilla Marketer's Guide To Selling Ebooks On Amazon
Make A Killing On Kindle (Without Blogging, Facebook Or Twitter). The Guerilla Marketer's Guide To Selling Ebooks On Amazon
Price: 3.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 Jan 2013
There is a lot of good information in this book. I know it has only been a few days since I purchased it, but one of the tips relating to the product description and formatting is really paying off in the form of a gentle increase in kindle sales (let's see what happens long term). A book I am sure I will come back to again and again, thanks.

Publishing with iBooks Author
Publishing with iBooks Author
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A must if you use iBook Author, 12 Oct 2012
There are not too many resources around on how to use iBook Author, and a lot of it is really trial and error. This doesn't answer every question, the main iBook Author forum can help in that area, but it covers a lot and it really does help in many areas. If you use iBook Author get this book, it will help.

The Great Blue Yonder (Unabridged)
The Great Blue Yonder (Unabridged)
Offered by Audible Ltd
Price: 10.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad but good, 23 Nov 2011
I listened to the audio book version. A very emotional story, please make sure you have a hanky about. It raises many topics and issues, I myself am an adult and will make sure my kids have a listen in their older teenage years.

Six Days
Six Days
by Philip Webb
Price: 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading!!!, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: Six Days (Paperback)
If you're a sci-fi fan like myself this book needs to go on your todo list. The first section of the book seems more of a mystery story than sci-fi but things soon change and some great original ideas appear with an ending that makes you want for more.

Wenko 17775100 Towel stand Style
Wenko 17775100 Towel stand Style
Price: 38.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A great slim towel rail, 4 Feb 2011
The dimensions on the box I received were a depth of 20cm width 46cm and height 82cm.

Assembly was very simple (5-10 minutes). It came with an alan key and we used a plastic mallet (not provided) to hammer in the metal intersections.

It has a decent weight on it, so hasn't as yet fallen over and we have rested it against the bathroom wall.

Our bathroom is very small hence the depth in our case was an issue and we didn't want to screw stuff into the tiles so this is a good solution.

It has enough room for a hand towel and a bath towel but obviously you will have to fold it if you don't want the towel dangling against the ground.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device, 4 Mar 2010
As someone who suffers from a condition called Charcot Marie Tooth (my calf muscles are always very tight) they need a small stretch in the morning. So I use it while watching a bit of TV (hand supported resting against a sofa) and this does the job great and doesn't slip.

Personalised Executive Pen ((Engraved Free)) Blue / Chrome, Black Ink, Birthday, Wedding, Anniversary Gift
Offered by Ajintheforest Trading Ltd
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Perfect, 27 Aug 2009
My Wifes birthday is coming up and I wanted to get a little present from the kids.

I thought an engraved pen would be a great idea but both my kids have rather long names and there is limitaton obviously to number of characters that would fit on it, after a quick email to AJ in the forest it seemed I could use a few symbols as well the most important was a love symbol, which basically meant I had 4 more characters spare and it looks nicer.

Anyway the pen has arrived, looks really great, I'm very happy with the service and the quality of pen and engraving (which is a bit hard to see in the photo) looks perfect.

Page: 1 | 2