Profile for Manders > Reviews

Manders (UK)

Spearmark Housewares E-Z Freeze Square Drinks Cooler, 3.785 Litre
Spearmark Housewares E-Z Freeze Square Drinks Cooler, 3.785 Litre

3.0 out of 5 stars please update description, 21 April 2011
I bought two of these for a barbecue party- only to find that the tags say they aren't suitable for alcoholic, fizzy or fermented drinks. They seem to be meant for water really, I used them for kids drinks (& they're great for this purpose) but to be honest I had wanted them for punch and if the product description had made it clear they weren't suitable I wouldn't have bought them.

Kitchen Craft Colourworks Silicone Cupcake Cases, Pack of 12
Kitchen Craft Colourworks Silicone Cupcake Cases, Pack of 12
Price: 2.62

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely bright cases, 18 April 2011
Bought a set of two and I'm really pleased with them, I wish the box they come in was a bit sturdier so I could use it for storage but it's no big deal I suppose... they stack fine on their own. And I'm glad I now don't need a muffin pan to take up more precious cupboard space.

Proteam Ho1931 Cup Cake Stand
Proteam Ho1931 Cup Cake Stand
Offered by One Click Wonder
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap & cheerful!, 18 April 2011
I wasn't expecting much after reading some of the other reviews but decided to take the chance given the price. I have to say I am very pleased I did & I'm considering getting a second one. It's quite stable & I love that you can take it apart to save on storage space. Also I don't know if they stopped packing them in the plain boxes after the reviews or whether it's simply hit & miss, but mine came in the pink box as advertised.

Talking Tables Cake Central Party People Banner, 3m
Talking Tables Cake Central Party People Banner, 3m
Offered by Caleys of Norwich Ltd.
Price: 1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars The last birthday banner I'll ever have to buy, 18 April 2011
This is the only birthday banner that I haven't had to chuck in the bin after the party. I bought it because I wanted something different & I was not disappointed. It looks great, seems to be made of sturdier cardboard than other banners I've purchased in the past (I have three kids so we've been through quite a few) and the "people" are held together with ric rac threaded through holes rather than your usual flimsy stapled elastic. After the party I folded it back up & fitted it back in the little plastic holder it comes in & it's been put away for the next birthday party. Yes, it's a bit pricier than others but you get what you pay for at the end of the day!

Ciroa Miniamo Space 27cm x 21.5cm Lipped Tray
Ciroa Miniamo Space 27cm x 21.5cm Lipped Tray

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 18 April 2011
I bought a few of these for my son's first birthday & I have to say they look great. We've been using them as snack trays ever since & they wash really easily & we've had no problems with the pattern scratching or fading, plus they stack very nicely for easy storage.

My Buggy Buddy Pram Clip
My Buggy Buddy Pram Clip
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars my new best friend, 10 Feb 2011
I bought one of these to test on my Phil & Ted's sport & loved it so much I bought a second one. I've had them for about a month now and I've never taken them off - they're just so handy and make shopping a breeze! Would definitely recommend

Nicky Clarke DesiRED Professional Salon Hair Straightener, NSS028
Nicky Clarke DesiRED Professional Salon Hair Straightener, NSS028
Offered by ALL MAX SHOPPING
Price: 58.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, 10 Dec 2009
After reading up on these I decided to give them a go as I can't really afford to replace mybeloved GHDs right now. Got them at about 50% off but to be honest they're so good I would happily pay full price. They heat up in no time at all & the great thing is you can control the temperature, so I use them on the highest setting for most of my hair & then turn them low to do my fringe, where my hair is finer for some reason. I also only had to run through my hair once, to get it poker straight, and it STAYS straight throughout the day. For reference I'm mixed race & so have thick coarse hair. Oh, & curling hair is a dream with these as the whole red shiny outer bit is so sleek it doesn't drag on your hair. These are excellent straighteners, at an affordable price & I'm so glad I gave them a chance - money well spent!