Profile for JB > Reviews

Content by JB
Top Reviewer Ranking: 115

JB (Chudleigh, Devon)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
1Byone 7" Digital TFT-LCD Color Screen Wired Video Door Phone Doorbell Entry Intercom System Home Security - Surface touch function- Waterproof, Anti-oxidation and Anti-vandal Outdoor Pinhole Camera -16 Polyphonic Melodies-Flush Mount
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind (for all concerned), 21 Nov 2014
I have had this video door system for about three weeks' now and it has proved to be a very good product indeed. At its simplest the device will allow you to see who is at the door and talk to them if you wish. The system as supplied does not open the door, but it is capable of doing so if an electronic door lock is fitted (need to purchase separately). It is also able to act as a baby monitor (with additional purchases). Also one should note that the door bell will need to be mounted at around 155 -165 cm from the ground to provide a reasonable view of a caller's face.

Anyway; I have installed the system in my Parents' house. They are in a quiet spot and this set up gives all concerned (that included me) a little extra peace of mind. If one is interested in a video door system one should take in account getting it installed. It can be fitted by a competent DIYer, but depending on one's circumstances and building layout it may require fitting by the local handyman / woman.

There are several review discussing different systems ... mine is coded OUKVP-0362. This has a screen with buttons on the right-hand-side and a rectangular brushed aluminium door panel (approx: 18 x 12 cm). My door unit is designed to be flush fitting and requires a cavity (or hole) into which a plastic enclosure box (supplied) is fitted and then the front panel is screwed on.

There is a version of this system that has a surface mounting bracket with a hooded enclosure that can be screwed straight to the wall (so no hole or cavity needed) but one will still require a hole in the wall to feed the cable through.

So! Firstly I pulled all of the kit out of the packaging and connected it together. It's really quite straightforward but the instructions could be better (and the diagrams bigger).

There is a 15 metre 5-core cable (good quality ... nice and flexible) and on one end is a 5 pin flat moulded connector that pushes into a socket on the back of the monitor; it can only be inserted one way, so no worries here. The power supply is connected to the 2-pin socket that sits right next to the 5 pin socket. The supply itself is a small power adapter with a 1.5 metre lead (possibly on the short side for some).

The other end of the cable terminates with about 80mm of the outer sheath removed exposing the five coloured cores. The last 5mm of wire has been stripped to expose the copper (which has been thoughtfully tinned to make it easier to insert into the terminals on the back of the door push).

On the back of the door push is 7 pin socket; one needs a small electrical screwdriver (or similar) to push down small spring-loaded plungers so that the wire can be pushed into the terminal (one at a time). It was at this point that I felt the instructions / diagrams could be better; I could not decide / fathom which wires went into which terminals. Looking closely at the printed circuit board (PCB) on the back of screen I could see a series of printed characters that matched the markings on the door push ... bingo!

The correct connection on the push is:

A: Brown
G: Black
B: Blue
V: Green
The next 2 (DO) are for the door opener; so in my case left empty.
12V: Yellow

Once connected and the power supply switched on it worked a treat. If testing before installing (sensible), keep the units apart otherwise there will be feedback (high pitched squeal) between the units when they are tested.

Anyway; pressing the door push button results in a ding-dong (or other melody from the pre-sets) from the monitor and the screen switches on. The caller's face is illuminated by a series of super-bright (yes SUPER bright) LEDs that are either side of the camera.

At this point the person indoors can see clearly the caller and then decide what to do. If one is happy with the caller a conversation can be had. The user can press a button to open the door (if an electronic door lock is fitted) or decide to open the door in the usual manner. The system can also be set to silent should one not want to be disturbed.

The quality of the image is fine and can easily be adjusted for brightness and contrast. The sound quality is perfectly acceptable and the volume can be adjusted on either unit.

OK then! It all works so let's install it. The monitor needs a metal bracket to be screwed to the wall (wall plugs and screws supplied) and the screen drops easily into the bracket. The suggest height is 155 - 160 cm from the ground, but it really doesn't matter; I installed it next to the settee at sitting height!

The door push was installed in a plywood panel that sits beside the front door, so I did not need a hammer / chisel / masonry drill to create a recess in the brick wall (as mentioned earlier, if it's going on a wall consider getting the version of this system that has a surface mounting bracket with a hooded enclosure that can be screwed straight to the wall).

I routed the cable (it's about 8mm diameter and white) along skirting boards where possible. I started at the monitor end. I had to dill a couple of holes through door frames (best to drill a small pilot hole and then dill in from both sides with the correct sized bit to prevent splitting). The kit does not have cable clips, but they're not too expensive to buy.

It may be necessary to shorten the cable (depending on circumstance and neatness) so again do consider one's kit and capability. If one is going to shorten the cable, it will be worth tinning the ends of the cable with solder to make the contact insertion easier (so one will need a soldering iron).

Phew! Well once it was all in and connected again, it has performed faultlessly.

Any downsides? Not really; not at this price. The LEDs on the door push are very bright so sometimes expect to see squinting callers. The instructions aren't the best but I've dealt with that. It takes a fair bit of DIY-ing (about 5 hours for me) but I did fuss and make a very neat job.

Do I recommend it? Yes, and so do my parents.

Veetop® HiFi AirMusic Box - AirPlay,DLNA WiFi Wireless Music Receiver Adapter for iOS(iPhones,iPads,iPod touch,Mac), Android (phones ,tablets) - Turns any existing Speakers Docks & Sound Systems B&W Zeppelin into Wireless Streaming Systems (Black)
Offered by Veetop

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes an old HiFi happy, 18 Nov 2014
I've been using this clever box, sent to me for review purposes, for almost two weeks now, and it is just excellent.

What does it do? Well at its simplest it uses one's WiFi network to allow music stored on a computer, tablet or Smartphone to played through any sound system that can be physically plugged into the box.

I have a decent (older) HiFi system and I hate the idea of cables trailing around (especially since my music is on a desktop PC); this kit is all that's needed (oh! and a phone charger to power the box).

The instructions are OK; I had the box working in around 10 minutes from start to finish. Here's what I did:

After unpacking connect a power supply to the box (not supplied ... I used a power bank to begin with) and select the desired cable from the three supplied and plug the box into (say) one's HiFi.

1: On the device where the music is stored (an iMac for me) find the box on the wireless network list ... mine appeared as Veetop_A03A2A and connect to it.

2: In one's browser type in http://192.168.22.254 ... One now has a window called AirMusicBox and four clickable boxes (and at the bottom there's a Firmware version; if its 1.0.04, there will be no firmware upgrade required any more).

3: Click on the Internet Connection box, find one's home network and enter the security key (which you'll need to have at hand!)

4: I then went to iTunes and clicked on a small rectangular box with a blue triangle (it's at the top on the right of the volume slider). In the drop-down menu I had the choice of Computer or MusicAirBox. I Clicked on the latter, pressed play and away it went!

Great sound with no drop-outs. My iMac was still happily connecting to the internet with no loss of speed.

Next I tried the box with my Galaxy Note 2:

As above I used the Note's Wifi manager to connect to the box. My home network was ready for use.

I downloaded from the Play Store an App called iMediaShare (suggested in the instructions).

I ran the app and was able to stream music (and video sound tracks) to my HiFi.

Finally I connected it with my daughter's iPad3. No problems at all. Only this time (as an experiment) I connected the box with a cable to a bluetooth speaker and a power bank. This time I went for a walk around the house and up the garden too! Absolutely no loss of connection at any point. Had I been using bluetooth to stream the music from my computer it certainly wouldn't have worked on the top floor (or at the top of my garden).

This will be great for Summer barbecues; great sound and better WiFi connection for our phones too.

So there we are; it worked very well for us and breathed new Life into my HiFi. I note some reviewers have suggested that WPA protection needs to be switched back on? I'm not quite sure what they are referring to; I did not need to switch my Network's security off, but perhaps I'm missing something? If anyone knows, please let me know.

Based on my experiences I can definitely recommend this product.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2014 10:37 AM GMT

Veetop® Dual USB High Speed (MFI Certified) Car Charger UPGRADE 3.4Amp 15.5W - 2.4A & 1.0A, Smart charging for all iPhones (6, 6 plus, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 3GS, 3G),iPad Air, iPad Mini, Apple iOS7, iPod,iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy S4/S3/Note 2/3, Nexus, Sony, Nokia, HTC, LG, Motorora,Huawei, Lenovo, ZTE, GPS,Smartphones & Tablets (Black/Green)
Offered by Veetop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, easy to use ... goodbye dedicated chargers, 18 Nov 2014
I've used this 2-port charger for over almost two weeks now and it has worked faultlessly. I have used it to charge an iPad3 and a smart phone (used as a GPS unit) at the same time and it has coped without any issues. The cables fit snugly into the device and it is a secure fit in the power socket. The unit has a helpful blue LED which lights up when the charger is correctly inserted.

It's a good looking device with a matt-finish aluminium ring. The plug section (that fits into the car's charger socket) is a high-gloss black injection moulded unit with no flash-marks or sharp edges. The contacts are properly spring-loaded ensuring a good contact at all times. It will operate on 12 - 18 volts and can provide a maximum output of 2.4 amps from the first USB port. The second port is rated at 1A and can therefore provide a total output of 3.4 Amps.

The port rated at 2.4 Amps is for higher-charge capacity units such as Apple devices; the charger has MFi certification (Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad) ... excellent; and the 1 amp port is for pretty well everything else.

I particularly like the fact that this is a socket without cables. I have a bag of dedicated car chargers ranging from the old large and small single pin Nokia connectors, even older multipin chargers and of course two sizes of mini and micro USB connector and lastly Apple connectors. Charging cables fit snugly into the unit and any movement on the cable doesn't affect the USB connection at all (unlike some brands).

With this socket, if I've got the correct separate cable I can charge the device; I won't be buying a dedicated charger ever again and with this Veetop car charger I know it'll be future proof if another connector standard appears. It also saves space in the glove compartment!

As well as the MFi certification, this charger has over heat, current and charge protection and meets United States and European standards as well as meeting standards for use of hazardous chemicals; what more could one want?

This product was sent to me for review purposes and after using it for around two weeks I'd say it's a very useful addition for any driver needing to charge electronic devices. Recommended.

Hoover Smart Upright Vacuum Cleaner with 5 m Cord, 3 Litre, 700 Watt - White and Red
Offered by Happiness At Home.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's really quite good but the dust re-emission rating lets it down, 17 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a rather mixed bag of a bagless vacuum cleaner. It does perform quite well and it's easy to use. As others have mentioned it has a relatively short mains lead (6m) and depending on one's spacing of sockets this could be irritating for some.

I take an interest in the energy ratings labels on appliances, and in the UK from September 2014, all vacuum cleaners must display an energy label.

Energy efficiency class: this machine is rated at A, although a lower Wattage (700W in this case) motor will help the machine obtain an A rating. There are also five other ratings that helps one compare performance:

Average annual energy consumption: (This calculation is based on an average household with 87 sq m who vacuum about once a week). Another 700W cleaner I have reviewed is rated at 24.1 kW hours per annum. This machine is rated at 27, so it's a little (just a little) more expensive to run.

Dust re-emission class: This tells you how clean the exhaust air is; clean exhaust air is important for people with allergies. Unfortunately (for some) this machine is rated at G (the lowest rating); the comparable machine was awarded B.

Sound power level: The sound level is given in decibels. If the level is below 70dB, you'll still be able to hear music, your phone or a baby crying. The average vacuum cleaner is 78dB. This cleaner pops in at 89dB ... the other one at 86. Both are rather loud in my opinion.

Carpet cleaning performance class: This measures the dust pick-up on a standard test carpet. The vacuums that pick up the most dust will be rated A. Higher dust pick-up reduces allergies and will sucks up dirt which is deep down in the carpet. For a clean and hygienic carpet one should choose a C rating (or above). The Hoover was rated at C and that's not bad for a lower Wattage motor.

Hard floor cleaning performance class: This measures dust pick-up (from a crevice) and scores the amount of dust that is removed. For a clean and hygienic floor one is advised to choose C or above. The Hoover was rated at C and again, that's not bad for a lower Wattage motor.

Well how does all this data compare to actual performance? Well! Despite the dust emission (which I can't see but now know it's there), I rather like the machine. It doesn't have the highest quality mouldings I've ever seen but neither could one expect it if one wants a vacuum at this price point.

The hose and attachments work very well and the machine really does seem to be able to lift a fair amount of rubbish from our carpets. On the stairs it is quite manageable and the 2.5 meter hose is pretty flexible. Our house has several short flights of stairs (over three floors), so given the cable length it does involve a fair bit of 'up and down' to do top to bottom.

Emptying the dust container is easy and it holds a fair amount (3 litres)and the HEPA filter can be washed (great).

Overall then? Well I rather think that a G rating for dust re-emission lets it down somewhat. If I hadn't found out about that I'd have said four stars; unfortunately I have found out and that's why I think it's 3 stars even though I think the machine performs very well and is great value for money.

Paul Lamond The Story Telling Game
Paul Lamond The Story Telling Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Great with younger children ... (rules? ... what rules?), 17 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've been playing this game with our daughters (aged 4 and 7) for a couple of weeks now and they both rather enjoy it. The game comprises a series of cards and a battery-powered timer. My youngest was able to play the game, especially if we made sure she was given the cards aimed at younger children; these have yellow-highlighted phonetic words and pictures.

The object of the game is to get rid of all one's cards. Should one still be speaking whilst the timer sounds then that player has to pick up 'used' cards. Each player has to use one of the words from their current card and tell a story ... its amazing where 'Once upon a time' can go!

My girls aren't the greatest good-losers, so we had to engineer victory for them most of the time, by either not using the timer, or by surreptitious use of the timer's stop button!

In terms of fun and playability it's only limited by the the creativity of the players' minds; in our house it has reminded me just how funny kids can be.

So there we are; great with kids and adults alike, but especially good with younger children even if it does mean bending the rules.

Foxnovo F-4S 4-Slots Li-ion Ni-MH Ni-CD Sound Prompt Battery Capacity Testing LCD Intelligent Battery Charger with UK-plug Adapter 12V Car Adapter for 26650, 22650, 18650, 18500, 18490, 17670, 17650, 17500, 16340, 14500, 10440 Ni-MH and Ni-CD A, AA, AAA, C, SC Rechargeable Batteries (Black)
Offered by FoxnovoStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile intelligent charging, 17 Nov 2014
I have been using this charger supplied to me for review purposes, for around two weeks now and I have to say it is a very good product indeed.

Firstly one should note that this charger does not have rechargeable batteries supplied. Also, please note it does not charge 9v batteries. I have a host of rechargeable batteries and already have one 'intelligent' charger that is sits regularly with a queue of batteries waiting to be recharged (mostly from my daughters' toys!).

The intelligent feature is very useful. The charger is able to automatically detect the type (Li-ion, Ni-MH and Ni-Cd) of battery and selects the appropriate voltage and charge mode. I have found this is very useful for charging batteries that are not completely flat (Ni-Mh batteries give out the same voltage until just before they go flat, so it is difficult to know when they need charging).

The charger accepts a whole host of round batteries, (up to and including C cells) and a range of Li-ion cells that are used in less common applications, for example I own a torch that has a 3.7 volt 2200 mAh 18650 cell. Until I received this charger it could only be recharged in situ with the torch's dedicated charger; I can now use a second battery and still have full use of the torch ... excellent!

Physically this charger is a little larger than some, not least because it can accommodate the C cell; it measures approximately 13 x 10 x 3.5 cm and has a large blue backlit LCD panel that displays the current charge and voltage for each battery. The charge rate can be set at either 500mA of 1000mA; I prefer the lower setting ... it takes longer but stresses the batteries a little less. It is handy to be able to charge more quickly if one needs a battery charged more quickly (my daughters!).

Incidentally it might be useful to have approximate charging times for batteries:

At a 500mA charge rate a 750 mAh NiMH size AAA needs 1.6 hours to be fully recharged.

An AA 2000 mAh NiMH needs 4.8 hours to be fully recharged.

A 3000 mAh NiMH size C rechargeable battery needs 7.5 hours to be fully recharged.

When a battery is charged the device beeps to let one know; I find this useful, but it cannot be disabled.

The charger also has a very useful charge / discharge function which is very good for refreshing Ni-Cds when they seem not to last as long as they used to.

The power is supplied to the charger either with the wall adapter (100-240V) or with the very useful car charger lead; an excellent idea and very useful for us when we go camping without a hook-up.

So in conclusion; this is a great charger, in particular because it can accommodate a good range of standard and non-standard batteries and automatically looks after the charge and voltage, (sub-text; it's looking after my beloved rechargeable batteries).

There is no instruction manual supplied, rather some useful info' is printed on the box (but I hate keeping boxes). I looked on the Foxnovo website for a manual but one could not be found. I'd also liked to have seen a bag to hold it all together, but I can sort that out!

Rechargeables are the way forward and if you've not yet converted do have a go and consider buying a proper smart charger; this one is great and it'll pay you back in no time. If you're already using rechargeables then this is a great additional or replacement charger; recommended.

Ispeed Mirror Pro Swim Goggle (Black)
Ispeed Mirror Pro Swim Goggle (Black)
Offered by New New Inc LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Work well, but no instructions supplied., 17 Nov 2014
I have two daughters (aged 4 and 7) who are both having lessons to learn how to swim properly and the instructor is very keen that the students wear goggles. Both girls have been wearing these Ispeed goggles for two lessons each now and I can report no problems at all.

The strap is easy to tighten and loosen with adjusters each side; once set they have stayed in place. The fit around the girls' eyes seems fine and they have not leaked or fogged-up in use. I think they key to getting a good fit is not to tighten the strap too much. The tinted lenses look good and will help protect the eyes when worn on sunny days splashing around in the sea. The light transmission is not reduced too much and the girls can see well enough when swimming under water.

The goggles are supplied with three nose pieces, the largest already fitted. My goggles did not have any instructions supplied with them and I would have liked to see an indication of the age range for the two smaller nose pieces and instructions on how to change them.

I opted for the middle size of bridge and had a look at end of the spares to see how the fitted bridge is held in. Each side of the bridge has two small plastic bayonets which clip into rectangular slots on the frame of the lenses. Initially I used a small screwdriver, but eventually elected to use brute force and a twisting motion to release each end. It worked fine and now I know how to do it I'd say it was easy; I just wish I'd had the instructions.

The goggles are supplied in a useful and stylish case that will accommodate two pairs of goggles with a squeeze. Overall I can recommend these Ispeed goggles.

These were supplied to me in exchange for an honest review.

Lumsing® 4000mAh Ultrathin Portable Power Bank External Battery Pack Backup Charger for Apple: iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, 4, 3gs, iPad 4, iPad Air, the New iPad, iPad Mini; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 2, Note 3, HTC One, Evo, Droid Dna, Motorola Atrix, Droid, Google Glass, Nexus 4, Lg Optimus and Other Usb-charged Devices (Black)
Offered by ATekCity

5.0 out of 5 stars Very compact with a really neat cable, 17 Nov 2014
I have used this power bank supplied to me for review, for around two weeks now; it's really very good. Its key feature for me is the small size (approximately 95 x 65 x 8 mm, weighing in at around 88g). The device will fit in almost any pocket.

Its case is smart-looking matt-finished aluminium with smoothly rounded sides. Its charge level is displayed by two small blue LEDs, each representing 50% of remaining power. The unit powers up automatically when a device is plugged in for charging. There is also a super-bright LED torch feature which is activated by pressing the power button twice ... it's certainly bright enough to find one's dropped keys!

It has a relatively small-capacity 40000 mAh lithium-ion polymer battery but is capable of charging an iPhone 5s twice from a fully-charged power bank and will take just over three hours to fully charge the powerbank from completely flat if using a 1.5 Amp charging source* Happily the bank is supplied with around a 75% charge, so it can be used straight out of the box. Oh! The box ... this product is very neatly packaged and would make a great gift.

The power bank has 1 USB output port (rated at an impressive 2.1A) and a micro USB charging port. The power bank is supplied with a rather smart spring (curly) lead that easily extends to 50cm and then retracts back to its shorter length ... a great idea! Obviously one can use one's own cables, indeed, the supplied cable might be a little short if one wants to use a phone whilst it's charging; but it's a great addition in my opinion.

As mentioned at the beginning of the review I've had this product for around a fortnight and it retains its charge exceptionally well. It can be charged from a computer's USB port, or a phone charger; however, to get the power bank fully charged as quickly as possible it's worth connecting it to a higher capacity charger rated at 1.5 Amps.

So ... overall I am very pleased with this Lumsing power bank due to its compact size. The fact that it holds its charge for a good length of time means it'll still be able to charge one's phone even if I've forgotten to recharge the power bank. From a safety point of view the device has over heat, current and charge protection. It meets United States and European standards as well as meeting standards for use of hazardous chemicals; very reassuring.

Definitely worthy of one's consideration.

*The maths! ...

One might imagine that a 40000 mAh power bank could recharge a Smartphone's 2000 mAh battery twice (well that's what I thought anyway!) Here's the answer ...

Firstly, how long will it take to charge a power bank from completely empty to full? The re-charging time depends on the capacity of the power bank, its remaining power and the power supply used.

For example, in the case of the Lumsing unit: Power bank= 4000mAh (0% remaining). Power supply input = 1500mAh , although this value is reduced by 20% due to power loss in the charge / discharge process.

The calculation therefore is 4000mAh / 1200mAh = 3.3 hours.

How many times can a power bank charge a phone?

A similar formula applies to calculate number of times a power bank can charge a phone.

For the Lumsing: Power bank: 4000mAh, phone battery: 1500mAh (an iPhone 5s has a 1560mAh battery)

The calculation is (4000mAh x 90% x 80%) / 1500mAh
= 2880 / 1500
= 1.92

So roughly 2 times (assuming the phone's battery is completely drained).

Why the 90%? This assumes the power bank can conserve up to 90% of its power. 80% was explained earlier.

I found it interesting anyway !

EC Technology® 18000mAh Portable High Capacity 2 USB Output Ports(5V/2.1A&1A)power bank Charger For iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Most Smartphones, Tablets-Black
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very slim and powerful, 17 Nov 2014
I have used this power bank supplied to me for review, for around a week now. It's one of the best one I've used so far. It has a huge-capacity 18000 mAh lithium-polymer battery and is capable of charging smart phones several times from a fully-charged power bank. *see below*

The device will fit in a coat pocket, but would be better carried in a bag; it measures approximately 17 x 12 x 1 cm,(apparently the thinnest high capacity power bank in the world) and it weighs in at just over 500 grammes. It has a matte-finished aluminium case with very smart radiused sides. Its 'thinness' has been particularly useful because it slides easily into a pouch on my daughter's iPad case.

Its charge level is displayed by four small white LEDs, each representing 25% of remaining power. There is also a useful 3-mode torch feature (not mentioned in the instructions)... activated by pressing the power button.

The power bank has 2 USB output ports and a micro USB charging port. The outputs are rated at 2.1 Amps and 1.0 Amp, the former for tablets. The power bank will charge two devices at the same time and it is supplied with a 50 cm micro-USB cable which can be used to charge the powerbank. Some reviewers mention a lead with multiple adapters (shown in one of the photos), however the description clearly states '1 Micro USB charging cable' and that's what I received.

As mentioned at the beginning of the review I've had this product for around a week and it retains its charge exceptionally well. It can be charged from a computer's USB port, or a phone charger; however, to get the power bank fully charged as quickly as possible it's worth connecting it to a higher capacity charger rated at 1.2 Amps.

So ... overall I am very pleased with this power bank due to its large-capacity battery and über-slim design. The fact that it holds its charge for a good length of time means it'll still be able to charge one's phone even if I've forgotten to recharge the power bank; I'd definitely recommend it. Oh! and the packaging is very smart if this were to be a gift and the instructions are well-written too!

*Here's the maths* ...

One might imagine that a 18000 mAh power bank could recharge a Smartphone's 2000 mAh battery nine times (well that's what I thought anyway!) Here's the answer ...

For example: Power bank= 18000mAh (0% remaining). Power supply input = 1000mAh (phone charger), although this value is reduced by 20% due to power loss in the charge / discharge process.

The calculation therefore is 18000mAh / 800mAh = minimum 22 hours (from completely flat)

For example: Power bank: 18000mAh, phone battery: 1500mAh

The calculation is (18000mAh x 90% x 80%) / 1500mAh
= 12960 / 1500
= 8.6

So roughly 9 times (assuming the phone's battery is completely drained).

An iPad3 has a battery rated at 11560 mAh ... this charger will easily have the capacity to fully recharge an iPad3 from completely drained ... excellent.

I found it interesting anyway !

EC Technology® 18000mAh Ultra Slim (12mm thin) Dual-Port Power Bank Aluminum Alloy External Battery Charger for iPhone 6 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Nexus, HTC One, most other Phones and Tablets-Black
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very slim and powerful, 17 Nov 2014

*Here's the maths* ...

For example: Power bank: 18000mAh, phone battery: 1500mAh

The calculation is (18000mAh x 90% x 80%) / 1500mAh
= 12960 / 1500
= 8.6

So roughly 9 times (assuming the phone's battery is completely drained).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20