Profile for gypsydreamer > Reviews

gypsydreamer "mazzie" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Awaken: New Bloods Trilogy
Awaken: New Bloods Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, great book.. sure winner in this genre, 30 Sep 2014
I was given a copy of this book for review.

This book fascinated me from first reading the preview on Amazon. I was drawn into the story because like many books in this genre it didn't feel stilted when i read it. It flowed with ease through the story and left me wanting, no needing to read more. (in fact until 3am one morning, which for me is always a sign of a good book)
The lead character was not as usually defined in this tipe of YA/ post apocalyptic story a damsel in distress, the author managed to create a believable and relatable main character in Tara who had a strong character and beliefs.
I loved the ending although it left me wanting more!!
If you havent already bought it, i would highly recommend it.

NYCTOPHILIA
NYCTOPHILIA

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over twilight... Vampires DON'T sparkle, but rock!!, 4 Sep 2014
This review is from: NYCTOPHILIA (Kindle Edition)
Firstly I have to say that this is not the typical genre of books I read, but I was intrigued by the story and I am glad that I gave it a go.

The opening scenes are dark and atmospheric and set the pace for the rest of the book. I loved the strong characters especially Brandon Masters the main character,who is dark and moody and a perfect lead for the story.
I don't want to give too much away about the story, I love the way it unfolds and keeps you turning the pages until the end. Well worth a read, a great new voice from K Hambly and I see very great things from this author!!

If You Go Into The Woods
If You Go Into The Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars Two great chilling mini stories, 2 Sep 2014
The first story in this book was good, it was as simple slightly chilling book that I feel could probably be a longer book (if the author wanted )
However
I loved the second story
The reset button!! wow was little, was short, but it packed a punch.. worth a read if you like a little scare before bed ;)

Flightradar24 Pro - Kindle Edition
Flightradar24 Pro - Kindle Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use and, 25 July 2014
The inner geek in me loves this app... it is exactly what it says it is, easy to use and fun

Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise
Delicious - Emily's Honeymoon Cruise

3.0 out of 5 stars Liked the free levels that you get, 25 July 2014
Liked the free levels that you get, found it a little bit hectic at times but still was able to keep up with the tasks, graphics were nice and bright, all in all a great game. My only complaint? I think for the type of game the cost to upgrade was a little pricey

QuizTix: Pop Music
QuizTix: Pop Music

2.0 out of 5 stars Liked the game, 25 July 2014
This review is from: QuizTix: Pop Music (App)
Liked the game, but it kept crashing and making me start from the beginning, wasn't just on my kindle as it happened on my husbands as-well, shame as it was quite fun to play, but boring if you have to keep restarting it

Candy Alphabet Letters 500 gram bag (1/2 kilo)
Candy Alphabet Letters 500 gram bag (1/2 kilo)
Offered by Toot-Sweets

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet tasty and full of sugar but i luv em, 25 July 2014
Can i say YUM???
A memory from a childhood brought back to life... sweet tasty and full of sugar but i luv em :)

Makeover
Makeover

4.0 out of 5 stars downloaded it for my neice and she loved playing with it, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Makeover (App)
I guess this app does what it says it does so all in all its ok, downloaded it for my neice and she loved playing with it, so a good one to keep a young fashion loving child happy

Water
Water

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Water (Kindle Edition)
I got this book as a free kindle download, and i cannot even begin to tell you how glad i am that i did.
I have read many books set in a world different from the one we take for granted right now, books that describe a world we cannot imagine, a world after we have destroyed it.
And then i found this book.... I have to tell you this is one of the best books i have ever read, its lyrical beauty, flowing descriptive words and pages of beautiful story telling that wash over you like a sea. I don't really want to go into the story too much, because the beauty of the book is how it all enfolds like a work worn hand to reveal a story that has quite simply taken my breath away.
I hope that if you are reading this review you will take a chance on this book, it will not disappoint you at all.
As for you Lloyd, you have etched a story in my heart that i will never forget, since i read z for zachariah as a child, i have never been so emotionally drawn into a story like yours drew me in, you have a talent for word weaving and i hope that you get all the success this book deserves.
Stunning.

Pipe Puzzle - Premium
Pipe Puzzle - Premium

1.0 out of 5 stars ... the free app of the day i found it boring. After about 3 levels of the same idea, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Pipe Puzzle - Premium (App)
Although this was the free app of the day i found it boring. After about 3 levels of the same idea, i just thought whats the point? There are petter pipe games in the App store, get them instead in my opinion.
Oh and the music reminds me of something you would find in a department store lift.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6