Profile for Unabryn > Reviews

Content by Unabryn

Unabryn "Una" (Herefordshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Stalked: A dangerous predator. A life lived in fear. A terrifying true story.
Stalked: A dangerous predator. A life lived in fear. A terrifying true story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sad for all involved in the book, 4 April 2015
Just finished the book and although I enjoyed reading it I found myself feeling quite sorry for Al. He absolutely adored Alison and his love for her shone through. I did feel she led him on a bit, especially going on holiday with him to Canada when she had clearly made up her mind she wanted him out of her life. I also felt her mother was a bit too interfering. I can also understand why he lied about his family as it saved him having to answer awkward questions about his traumatic childhood. However, having said all of that it doesn't excuse what he put the family through once he realised Alison did not love him and wanted to end their relationship. I hope Alison can move on with her life and career but I also hope Al gets the treatment he so obviously needs.

The Friendly Swede Replaceable Tip Hybrid Stylus (3 Pack), Red, Black and Silver
Offered by The Friendly Swede [UK]

5.0 out of 5 stars At last! The perfect stylus pen., 6 Nov. 2014
Fantastic pens. I've purchased so many of these pens and none have lasted very long but these pens are so much tougher so will no doubt last much longer. Also purchased the spare tips so I'm set up now for a long time. They are great to hold too. Well packed and dispatched at lightening speed. I can't recommend this seller highly enough who is a credit to Amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2014 8:49 PM GMT

Qualtex Dust Bags For Miele S5261 Cat & Dog TT 5000 Vacuum Cleaners Pack Of 20 Bags & 8 Filters
Offered by CutPriceDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and price, 14 Mar. 2014
These dust bags fit my Meile Cat and Dog cleaner perfectly. They are so much cheaper than Meile bags and they seem to hold more dust than the original ones as they don't have the plastic bits in the Meile bags that use up space. Being much cheaper and not having to change them so often saves money all round. The seller is great and delivery is fast.

Omron HJ-203-EK Walking Style Pocket Pedometer Step Counter Black
Omron HJ-203-EK Walking Style Pocket Pedometer Step Counter Black
Offered by Dynamic Sounds Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item and extremely accurate, 14 Mar. 2014
Having decided I needed more exercise I decided to buy a pedometer to see how far I was walking each day. It was a real shock to find I wasn't walking nearly enough so having the pedometer around my neck made me walk further to reach my initial goal of two miles a day. Having looked at reviews of various pedometers, this one seemed to have the best reviews and I'm so glad I chose it as it's extremely accurate, having tested it by counting my steps, and it returns to zero on the stroke of midnight. I've now managed to reach 8k steps a day and I'm feeling fitter already!

A Broken Family
A Broken Family

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read., 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: A Broken Family (Kindle Edition)
I had never heard of Kitty Neale before borrowing this book from my local library. I thought it was a brilliant story so having finished it I looked on Amazon to see what other books the author had written so I could purchase them for my Kindle. I was amazed that 10 people had given it only one star and one person had commented that it was drivel! I couldn't disagree more. Seeing that 168 people had given it 5 stars I guess those 10 people must be hard to please.

Darrell Lea Soft Eating Australian Original/Black Liquorice 200 g (Pack of 8)
Darrell Lea Soft Eating Australian Original/Black Liquorice 200 g (Pack of 8)
Offered by Superfood Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, the best liquorice ever, 17 Dec. 2012
I've just returned from Australia and bought 5 packs back with me. It has the most devine taste and is so soft. I wouldn't agree though that you need to consume it within 3 days of opening. I am still eating from the same opened bag after 3 weeks and it still tastes just as good.

Sid James: A Biography
Sid James: A Biography
by Cliff Goodwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable read, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Sid James: A Biography (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this book and unlike the previous reviewer I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Sid's real life, rather than the one he portrayed to the public. I love all Sid's films and he was my idea of a cheeky cockney and lovable rogue. However, there was also another side to Sid which may surprise some people. His co-stars say he was a kind, caring, gentle and thoughtful man towards them. What a pity he didn't show the same qualities to his wives and some of his children, of whom he had many, both illegitimate and legitimate. I was shocked to read that he beat one of his wives when she announced she was pregnant and it seems he just couldn't keep his pants up if he felt the urge to sleep with yet another woman whilst married. Although not condoning his actions during his marriages the book is an excellent read, especially learning about his early life. The author should be commended for a well written book and as the information has come from close sources, i.e, wives, children etc., then there is no reason to believe that the author has fabricated any part of the biography.

Downton Abbey - Series 2 [DVD]
Downton Abbey - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars I tried to cheat!, 11 Oct. 2011
I saw Series 2 advertised and dashed onto Amazon to purchase it as I couldn't bear to wait for the next episode - I needed to find out what's going to happen next! Found that it won't be released until 7th November but that will teach me to try to cheat!
An absolutely brilliant series and the first three episodes of Series 2 have been just as good as Series 1. I just love Maggie Smith as Lady Grantham, she is so funny, but I find myself hissing at that dreadful, scheming duo O'Brien and Thomas!

Max Boyce Down Under [DVD]
Max Boyce Down Under [DVD]
Dvd ~ Max Boyce

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!!, 11 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Max Boyce Down Under [DVD] (DVD)
What can I say about Max Boyce! I hadn't heard Max' stories or songs before but hearing he was coming to our local theatre a couple of weeks ago we booked seats and I have never laughed so much in all my life. I had tears running down my face
most of the evening. So impressed I was that I came home and ordered this dvd - it did not disappoint. He is as funny on this dvd as he was live and I just love the way he sends up us English folk especially when he's talking about
the Welsh and rugby. I would certainly recommend it. Also, it's a great price - much cheaper than the theatre seats;>) Well packed and speedy delivery.

Gardeners World
Gardeners World
by Geoff Hamilton

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! A brilliant book., 11 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Gardeners World (Hardcover)
What a great book. I believe it's now out of print and having borrowed a friend's paperback I just had to find one. I was lucky enough to find a used hardback version for 1p on Amazon. I was wondering what the condition would be like for 1p
but as soon as it arrived I thought a mistake had been made and they'd sent a new one! The condition was as new. A real bargain and a great book.

Page: 1 | 2