Profile for Unabryn > Reviews

Content by Unabryn

Unabryn "Una" (Herefordshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Spiral Bird Print OG Backpack Rucksack Bag Navy
Spiral Bird Print OG Backpack Rucksack Bag Navy
Offered by UK Kolours

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 2 Oct. 2015
Great really pleased and fast shipping too!

Jeremy Bamber Campaign: Why Jeremy is Innocent: An e-Book of the Information on Our Web Site (3rd Edn)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read but I'm sitting on the fence....for now, 2 Oct. 2015
I became utterly engrossed in the book as I remember the murders very well. Once finished, I was convinced of Jeremy's innocence and intended to take up the campaign group's invitation to write to Jeremy offering support. Aside from the few grammatical errors, which didn't detract from the content, it contained a lot of information to convince me it was a miscarriage of justice. However, I have just finished Carol Ann Lee's book, The Murders at White House Farm, and I'm afraid I'm no longer convinced that Jeremy is innocent. I'm just about to read Evil Beyond Belief and will maybe change my mind again. It really was a complex murder case.

The Murders at White House Farm: Jeremy Bamber and the killing of his family. The definitive investigation.
by Carol Ann Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars A very well researched book, 2 Oct. 2015
A meticulous and very well researched book. I remember the murder and the reports in the papers but I can't remember any newspaper article publishing as much information about the murder as what is in Carol Ann Lee's book, or maybe I have just forgotten. I remember thinking at the time that Jeremy was definitely guilty, probably from what I had read in the papers, but having recently read the book published by Jeremy's campaign group my thoughts were that he was definitely innocent and I very nearly took up the group's invitation to write to Jeremy offering support. However, having now read Carol Ann's book I am moving away from Jeremy's innocence and think it more than likely he was the murderer. He may have been convicted on Julie Mugford's testimony and the moderator but there are many aspects in the case that have swayed me to a guilty verdict, the main one being Jeremy's arrogance which came through many times and didn't do him any favours. I really do believe he has programmed his brain to believe he didn't commit the murders, hence him being able to pass lie detector tests. Having said all of that, his relatives, in particular his uncle Robert and cousin Ann, don't come out of it at all well. Julie Mugford should have stood trial for withholding evidence and I'm wondering how she can sleep at night knowing Jeremy was intending to murder his family that night and not reporting it to the police.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2015 2:54 AM GMT

Switchword Miracles: Creating Miracles, One Word At A Time (Switchwords Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book that works!, 19 July 2015
Having been involved in a long drawn out litigation matter I bought this book as a last resort. I had heard about switch words and thought it couldn't harm to try them as I was getting pretty desperate. All I can say is if you want an answer to any problem, then buy the book and try them. They definitely worked for me with the words Divine and Triumph becoming the answer to my problem. As long as you are prepared to have an open mind and more importantly, believe, then they will work for you.

Passive Income from Etsy (Truly Passive Income): The First Book That Shows You How to Start a Passive Income Business on Etsy with Digital Design Tips, ... Pinterest (Truly Passive Income Series 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with good ideas., 19 July 2015
Great book with loads of ideas, some of which I have already put into practice.

On Father's Day: Cindy Gambino's Shattering Account of her Children's Revenge Murders

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read but the jury is out on this one., 19 July 2015
Not quite sure how to rate this book. During the first trial I was in complete agreement with both Robert and Cindy that there was no way he murdered his children. He sounded a doting father, he had bought the boys presents that day and had also taken them to KFC for dinner. Experts' opinions differed about the coughing fit and the car steering. Differing opinions always makes me uneasy when the jury have to decide on beyond reasonable doubt rather than the balance of probabilities. However, by the time of the Appeal I was thinking that maybe he could have murdered them. Worryingly, was his friend's Witness Statements, three of them in all, and each one more damning than the last. Memories over time usually fade, rather than improve. Also the Witness who came forward five years later to say she hadn't seen him coughing when she overtook his car. I'm still not sure if Robert is guilty but I would say yes if I had to decide on the balance of probabilities. The book is definitely worth a read.

Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain
Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read., 19 July 2015
I have not laughed so much when reading a book. I couldn't put it down - it was hilarious and I thoroughly recommend it.

The Fifth Victim
The Fifth Victim
by Antonia Alexander

1.0 out of 5 stars Misrepresentation?, 19 July 2015
This review is from: The Fifth Victim (Paperback)
I purchased the book to take on holiday and quite enjoyed the first few chapters although a lot of it was about the life of John Williams and was becoming a bit laborious but I persevered with it thinking it would soon get to the murder of her great-grandmother. However, by the time I got near the end I found that the book wasn't about the author's ancestor at all. The synopsis on the back of book states quite clearly that the author is a direct descendant of the Ripper's final victim. Completely untrue.

Stalked: A dangerous predator. A life lived in fear. A terrifying true story.
Stalked: A dangerous predator. A life lived in fear. A terrifying true story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sad for all involved in the book, 4 April 2015
Just finished the book and although I enjoyed reading it I found myself feeling quite sorry for Al. He absolutely adored Alison and his love for her shone through. I did feel she led him on a bit, especially going on holiday with him to Canada when she had clearly made up her mind she wanted him out of her life. I also felt her mother was a bit too interfering. I can also understand why he lied about his family as it saved him having to answer awkward questions about his traumatic childhood. However, having said all of that it doesn't excuse what he put the family through once he realised Alison did not love him and wanted to end their relationship. I hope Alison can move on with her life and career but I also hope Al gets the treatment he so obviously needs.

The Friendly Swede Replaceable Tip Hybrid Stylus (3 Pack), Red, Black and Silver
Offered by The Friendly Swede [UK]

5.0 out of 5 stars At last! The perfect stylus pen., 6 Nov. 2014
Fantastic pens. I've purchased so many of these pens and none have lasted very long but these pens are so much tougher so will no doubt last much longer. Also purchased the spare tips so I'm set up now for a long time. They are great to hold too. Well packed and dispatched at lightening speed. I can't recommend this seller highly enough who is a credit to Amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2014 8:49 PM GMT