Profile for Alex Hayward > Reviews

Content by Alex Hayward

Alex Hayward

PowerShot SX600 HS Compact Digital Camera - Black (16MP, 18x Optical Zoom, 36x ZoomPlus, WiFi, NFC) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic performance and a great price - couldn't be happier, 9 Mar. 2015
I took this camera to Paris last week and was astounded by its reliability, ease of use and fantastic results. There are a wide range of effects and modes to choose from to allow diversity in your photos. The zoom is particularly good - i can't imagine a better camera at this price being on the market

Romeo + Juliet [DVD] [1996]
Romeo + Juliet [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars This film deserves all of its success - visually stunning and full of inventive takes on the original play, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Romeo + Juliet [DVD] [1996] (DVD)
Fantastic film

Matilda (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
Matilda (Original Broadway Cast Recording)

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Orchestration, and the Esacpologist/Acrobat Stroies are fantastic,, 12 July 2014
I am a huge fan of Matilda the Musical and was delighted wit the Broadway Cast recording. Overall, I personally prefer the Origainal Cast Recording BUT this album has some aspects which are better. The Escapologist and Adrobat Stroies are an added bonus and are beautifully orchestrated, as is the rest of the music. The boy who plays Bruce Bogtotter stands out as better than the English original, but I can't help but feel that some of Matilda's songs are lacking something, especially 'Naughty'. On the other hand, Milly Shapiro's rendition of Quiet is flawless. If you are a Matilda Fan, by both albums, if you only want one.. I'd listen to them both fully and choose from your own taste

Atonement: York Notes Advanced
Atonement: York Notes Advanced
by Anne Rooney

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic: entertaining and engaging, 12 July 2014
This study guide has everything a student could possibly want. Not only does it give plenty of information on the text, author, themes and context, bu also encouraged me to reflect more in my thoughts of Atonement and also explore it's suggested texts; thus helping me craft a more refined personal response in my A2 Coursework.

Picasso and the Model: Sylvette, Sylvette, Sylvette
Picasso and the Model: Sylvette, Sylvette, Sylvette
by Christoph Grunenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented and printed and bursting with information, 12 July 2014
I absolutely loved Picasso's Work of Sylvette David and was thrilled to find a collection of every piece in ine place (the internet failed me there) and in English! This book is beautifully bound and printed and bursting with high quality photos of Picasso's work, Sylvette and her life in Vallauris, and Picasso's studio as he worked. What I was particularly pleased with was the book's extensive coverage of the media and art worlds reaction to the Sylvette series, and a section on the relationship between Picasso and his first wife Francoise Gilot when Sylvette modelled for him. As she lives locally, I am going to visit Sylvette, now Lydia Corbett, in her studio next week - this book has given me a fantastic base of knowledge. I can't wait to meet her.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect - the nicest thing I have ever bought, 31 July 2013
I was interested in purchasing a famous 'Cambridge Satchel' decided not to swim with the fish and chose The Leather Satchel Co. instead. The posting, communication and the satchel itself were impeccable. I would definitely recommend this product and company to anyone interested in a new bag or satchel. It's practical for school, college, university and beautiful for everyday use. It arrived in an amazing two days and was beautifully wrapped in a bag, dust bag and box all tied up with string - a true delight to unwrap. Not to mention the informative tank you letter explaining the history of the company and how my satchel was made.
I would definitely suggest paying that little bit more for a 15" inch satchel as you never know what you will need - it is better to be safe than sorry. Chestnut Brown is traditional, but I am sure this satchel would look just as old-school I'm any shade.
A fantastic buy of fantastic quality made in the UK from 100% leather by British Craftsmen; I feel just as though I have had it custom made in a saddler's just for me :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Promarkers, 13 Feb. 2012
I bought these Pro Markers with Xmas money after being recommended them by a friend and they are amazing. These are not your average felt tips; they produce a vivid block colour and are perfect for posters, cartoons, or any form of art. However I would not say they are suitable for young children who want to colour an enormous block of sky or sea. For anyone over the age of 10 who wants to produce great pieces of art they could not be better.
This Pro Marker pack is my first and the colour range is broad. Some other sets have several shades of a similar colour but not this one. The pens mix and layer well especially when used with a blender pen.Pro Marker - Blender
I will definitely be expandingmy Pro Marker collection and Amazon are the cheapest place on the web.