Profile for Chris Gifford > Reviews

Lazaretto
Lazaretto
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A gloriously noisy album., 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Lazaretto (MP3 Download)
I love the fact Jack White isn't scared to be different. He goes where his creative muse takes him. On this album we have chunky guitar riffs, delightful screeches and a fiddle solo that sounds like a guitar. There's not many, if any, contemporary albums where I can say an instrumental was my favourite track but this one delivers just that. In these times of repetitive pop divas Jack White is the perfect antidote.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2014 4:02 PM BST

HMDX HX-P230RDA-EU Jam Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker - Red
HMDX HX-P230RDA-EU Jam Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker - Red
Price: 14.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Speaker, 14 Jun 2013
Bought the HMDX for my Galaxy tablet and it's great. I use it every day. Would highly recomend it to anyone.

K-Swiss Men's Hoff Mid Vnz Black/Fiery Red/Charcoal Fashion Trainer 02938-093-M 9 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and Style, 2 Mar 2013
Great trainers, they look really stylish and are very comfortable and I got them for under 30 which is a great price for a quality product.

Story Engineering: Character Development, Story Concept, Scene Construction
Story Engineering: Character Development, Story Concept, Scene Construction
by Larry Brooks
Price: 12.50

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for the aspiring novelist., 16 Feb 2013
This book is great read for the aspiring novelist. It offers advice on all the usual components, character, premise etc... however the best advice and the one I was most interested in, was the structure of story. It has really helped me to see the woods for the trees as regards the plotting of my novel. Even if you feel you have instinctively picked up ideas for story structure through reading, this book will underline, emphasize and inspire you to a better understanding of the subject and what's more it may save you a great deal of time rewriting.
My only niggle is that the author tends to reiterate a little too much and uses far to many analogies. I often found myself willing him to just get on with it.

The book arrived arrived in great condition although did take a while to arrive but all in all a good service.

The Carpenter [+digital booklet]
The Carpenter [+digital booklet]
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They've done it again., 12 Jan 2013
I have listened to the Avett Brothers for years and I'm glad to say they are still going strong with 'The Carpenter'. A great album yet again. I just wish they had the same success in the UK as, say The Black Keys.

Xylo Red Hybrid Armor Hard Shell / Skin / Case & Xylo ClearICE Anti Scratch LCD Screen Cover Film Protector for the iPhone 3G & 3GS Mobile Phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 12 Jan 2013
The cover is fine if you want a cheap solution to protecting your phone. I had mine for about a month but have since replaced it with a better one. The old saying 'you get what you pay for' springs to mind.

Konig 30's 40's 50's Retro Table Radio - Baby Blue
Konig 30's 40's 50's Retro Table Radio - Baby Blue
Price: 37.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro Chic., 12 Jan 2013
Bought the radio for my wife and she absolutely loves the cool retro style. However, if you want the option of more channels and a better reception you should go for a DAB Radio but you won't get one that looks this cool for under 100 The Konig is fantastic for the price and the styling is brilliant.