Profile for rosella007 > Reviews

Voodoo Chic
Voodoo Chic
Offered by Renegade Sports Group Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars chilled out chic, 25 Jun 2004
This review is from: Voodoo Chic (Audio CD)
You can imagine drinking a cocktail in a trendy bar and hearing this album and thinking "i wonder what the music is thats playing?"
This album is so smooth its like bathing in silk I bought it on the basis of the single "angel city" but was pleasently surprised that the album has more depth than this alone, beautiful melodies and instrumental arrangements surround the chocolate voice of jackie joyce...
Buy this album there is no way you could regret it!

Australia
Australia
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare to be blown away, 20 Aug 2002
This review is from: Australia (Audio CD)
I discoverd Howie's music when searching for Jeff Buckley covers and once I heard his version of "Lover you should have come over" and some DMB songs i had to hear more.
His songs are so emotional whatever feeling they convey you get caught up in it. The voice and talent of this artist make it hard to believe he is only 21!
It's hard to pick out my favourite songs on the album but I would have to say "Disco" and "She Says" are fantastic but I love singing along to "Sweet". Download some of his live stuff as well, his friendly banter inbetween the amazing acoustic performance is hillarious. I can't wait until he comes to tour the UK, I'll be first in line to buy my ticket!
Every friend I have introduced to Howie Day's music has loved every minute of it so you won't be disappointed. If you like music along the lines of Fiona Apple, Dave Matthews or Jeff Buckley this album is a must for your collection....