Profile for J. Bradley > Reviews

Content by J. Bradley

J. Bradley "Selah" (Hexham United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
25 x Double Clear Amaray DVD/CD/BLU RAY Case
25 x Double Clear Amaray DVD/CD/BLU RAY Case
Offered by Vision Media Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 8 Nov 2014
A nice product; better than other brands which I have bought in the past so I'm delighted. Thank you.

Birkenstock Unisex-Adult Arizona Sandals Black 9 UK
Birkenstock Unisex-Adult Arizona Sandals Black 9 UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Clogs, 8 Nov 2014
These didn't do for my feet and I had to return them!

Toshiba 19DL502B2 - 19" High Definition LED TV with built-in DVD Player
Toshiba 19DL502B2 - 19" High Definition LED TV with built-in DVD Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba 19DL 500282, 8 Nov 2014
Toshiba 19DL 500282 is an updated version of an earlier one which I have used in my bedroom. I bought the second to use in my kitchen.
It has a number of energy saving features but the dark screen didn't work well in the daylight so I swapped the two sets over. This new one works fine in the bedroom and has crisper sound than the other one used at nighttime.
Ironically the old one seems to work far better in the kitchen so I am delighted with my purchase.

Vktech 4Pcs tyre pressure gauge Valve Stem Cap
Vktech 4Pcs tyre pressure gauge Valve Stem Cap
Offered by vktech-HK

3.0 out of 5 stars Tyre pressure valve caps, 8 Nov 2014
These seem a lovely idea, but I wondered if they might attract little fingers. So far so good, but one of the four has proven to be faulty and kept letting the air out of my tyre!
It cost me to get the tyre repaired!!!
Hardly worth sending one of four back to China to complain.

Mankind The Story of All of Us [DVD]
Mankind The Story of All of Us [DVD]
Offered by Discs4all

3.0 out of 5 stars Mankind, 8 Nov 2014
I'm not sure about this. It's an American view of World History. Either I will hate it because it's just pure propaganda or else my eyes will be opened to what has been going on. I reserve judgement.

Kit B - 10 Spiral Ring Snuggies for ring bands 2-3mm wide ONLY. Reduce by 1-2 UK and 3-4 UK sizes.
Offered by Crafty Bijoux

4.0 out of 5 stars ... was just what I was expecting and I am delighted with the good fit, 8 Nov 2014
The product received was just what I was expecting and I am delighted with the good fit.
HOWEVER I soon discovered that I should have removed the ring before washing my hands in warm water because the plastic softened and unravelled.
No damage done but I found that a small blob of impact adhesive applied to either end of the spiral helped to overcome the problem.; obviously it's better to remove the ring but there are times when I can forget!!!

Andrew Marr's History of the World  [DVD]
Andrew Marr's History of the World [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrew Marr

5.0 out of 5 stars I know some reviewers were disappointed that Andrew Marr should do a programme about history ..., 8 Nov 2014
I know some reviewers were disappointed that Andrew Marr should do a programme about history instead of a historian but I think he looks at history through non-historian eyes and sees a different angle. Historians can often make history a turn-off but this looks at PEOPLE rather than kings and politicians and he has brought it to life for me.
I had watched it on TV and decided I wanted to have it to keep.

Anti-kink NTS garden hose, NTS Wintech 20 m with kit
Anti-kink NTS garden hose, NTS Wintech 20 m with kit

4.0 out of 5 stars ... you would expect it to do and does it better than most hoses, 8 Nov 2014
Does just what you would expect it to do and does it better than most hoses.

Celebrity Jewellery Ladies Elegant 2014 Swarovski Elements Crystal 18K Rose Gold Plated Red Rose Brooch Safety Pins For Women Free Gift Box CB471
Offered by ELBONTEK

4.0 out of 5 stars Swarovski Crystal Rose brooch, 8 Nov 2014
I've got this lovely brooch as a gift and it is as nice as the picture.
I'm sure it will be well received and give years of pleasure to the recipient.

Offered by Not2day Media

3.0 out of 5 stars Blueberry Hill - Happy Days are Here Again - 100 Nostalgic Favourites - Wartime Songs - Double CD, 24 Oct 2014
Disappointed with the "MUSAK" performance of these wonderful old songs. It loses so much - but it's lovely to have such a comprehensive selection to remind just how good the originals really were.

just ONE quibble. They are not ALL Wartime favourites I think, but certainly songs released in the 1940s Pre-War and Post War are mixed in among them. I hadn't realised that the collection was claiming to be from different wars and there are Boer War and WW1 songs though many were all sung again during WW2.
Surely the Dambusters March was written as a film score ABOUT the Raid. And Slow Boat to China was banned by the BBC when HMS Amythist was blocked up the Yangtse by the Communist Chinese in about 1949.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11