Profile for Carol Lambert > Reviews

Content by Carol Lambert

Carol Lambert (West Sussex)

The Little French Guesthouse: The perfect feel good summer read (La Cour des Roses Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Put It Down., 5 Jun. 2016
I loved this book. The characters were well drawn and the unfolding story had a really engaging plot. Very much looking forward to finding out what happens next!

A la Mod: My So-Called Tranquil Family Life in Rural France
A la Mod: My So-Called Tranquil Family Life in Rural France
by Ian Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, 23 Jun. 2014
I have read a significant number of books about people who have settled abroad - some good, some not so - but Ian Moore's story about his family's new life in the Loire is one of the best and Chris Stewart, Anna Nicholas and Peter Kerr now have a rival. Ian has a warm, funny, pithy style of writing which, on more than one occasion, made me laugh out loud! In fact my husband actually asked me what I was laughing at and I read him a small excerpt, whereupon he Googled Ian Moore, watched a 'You Tube' clip of his stand-up routine, pronounced 'this guy is bloody funny' and booked tickets for his forthcoming gig in Brighton. I particularly admired the way Ian stoically refused to abandon his sharp Mod principles whilst tending to a veritable gaggle of animals and trio of small children - like the love-child of Noah and Roger Daltrey! I am looking forward to the sequel and to his forthcoming gig because if they're half as funny as A la Mod, it'll be a treat.

Allibert Daytona Sunlounger - Graphite with Grey Cushion
Allibert Daytona Sunlounger - Graphite with Grey Cushion
Offered by Garden Store Direct Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product and Service, 16 Aug. 2013
Ordered these for a summer party and after my pleas to get them there quickly they duly arrived on time! They,re really comfortable and perfect for lounging on after a boozy BBQ!!!

Sound Isolating Dynamic Driver Earphones with improved Bass for Ipods, Ipads , MP3 and MP4 players with 3.5mm Jack- White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 16 Aug. 2013
Really neat little headphones and exceptional value for money. B Betron delivered as promised, so very pleased all round. Thanks

OverBoard Waterproof Mp3 Case - White
OverBoard Waterproof Mp3 Case - White
Offered by zoombits

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 Nov. 2012
I've had this product for ages and it has performed perfectly. I absolutely would not want to swim without it! I also bought the OB headphones and they have proved to of equally robust quality.

Donkeys on My Doorstep: Hoofing it in the Mallorcan Hills
Donkeys on My Doorstep: Hoofing it in the Mallorcan Hills
by Anna Nicholas

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish We We There!, 11 Nov. 2010
Anna Nicholas writes about her life in Mallorca with such warmth and humour that every page makes you want to book a flight immediately. Soller is a beautiful place and she captures that perfectly in every Chapter. Each book in the series is full of Mallorcan sunshine and I hope she continues to share it with us.

The Scarpetta Factor: Scarpetta 17
The Scarpetta Factor: Scarpetta 17
by Patricia Cornwell

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 10 May 2010
Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of PC and the Kay Scarpetta series. This notwithstanding,I ploughed my way through The Scarpetta Factor hoping it would improve but sadly it felt like a bloated diatribe about powerful persecuted women, lesbian relationships, Pete Marino's attempted rape and Benton Wesley's continuous hand-wringing. It seems to me that PC is increasingly using these novels to demonstrate how well informed she is and if I have to try and remember what one more set of bloody initials stand for I think I'll die of boredom. The character of lesbian Lucy is tedious beyond words and her continuous flying around in a helicopter like GI Jane is ridiculous. Pete Marino's overhanging midriff makes its regular appearance and Wesley's still whining - well what a surprise! As for Kay Scarpetta she continues to rise above her flawed little posse like a cross between Princess Diana and Dr Quinn Medicine Woman. The plot is so heavy it's like trying to backstroke through mashed potato and she obviously can't dredge up anything new in terms of plot, because we're back with the 'hairy one' Jean-Claude-Baptiste Voulez Vous Coucher Avec Moi Chandonne and his 'crime family' - hardly The Sopranos are they?

Look WE GET IT. Lucy's gay, Marino's a fat sex offender and Benton's a baby. Ms Cornwell needs to get some new material because this was lazy, dull and a waste of three days of my holiday which I won't get back.

The Angry Island: Hunting the English
The Angry Island: Hunting the English
by Adrian Gill

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, 25 Sept. 2006
Tedious, disjointed, drivel. How does this kind of dross get published? I don't know who is the more stupid - the people who put it in print, or idiots like me who've wasted a tiny proportion of lives reading it.